When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Unbelievably Accurate Solid 18k Muller Casablanca

archibald

ON EDIT: Please check post #109 for a review and pics

Check out the pics of this beauty below: this watch is as accurate a rep as I've ever seen. It does NOT suffer from any of the usual muller flaws: bad crown, too light blue hands, or incorrect model # on the back. All three are right on. The only flaw I can see on this baby is the engraving on the back is not quite as crisp as the gen, but even that is only noticeable side by side in a magnified pic. And it's on the back.

About 3 months ago A couple of other members and I were working on a group buy of the incomparably accurate solid 18K rose gold Muller Casablanca from one of our most respected dealers. Sadly, we were unable to entice enough folks to get a the rock bottome price. On a whim, I asked the dealer if the same price was still operative and he said yes. Since this watch is an even better deal now I thought I'd float the idea again.

As it turns out it would have been a good investment back then since the price of gold has gone up more than 30% since then. It's an even better deal now--basically we'd be paying for the gold and the genuine croc strap--getting a 2824 (or even possibly the decorated 2892 if everyone is willing to kick in a few more bucks) for free. If you're interested please PM and I'll fill you in on the detailsas always, in the RWG spirit, everyone pays the same price & I've got no dog in this hunt except getting great rep at a price I could never get flying solo...

post-53-1151980830_thumb.jpg

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is truely a thing of beauty, I would say to everyone who can that this looks like a chance not to be missed.

Unfortunately I can't this watch will be way out of my price range. :wounded1:

Ken

Check out the pics of this beauty below: this watch is as accurate a rep as I've ever seen. It does NOT suffer from any of the usual muller flaws: bad crown, too light blue hands, or incorrect model # on the back. All three are right on. The only flaw I can see on this baby is the engraving on the back is not quite as crisp as the gen, but even that is only noticeable side by side in a magnified pic. And it's on the back.

About 3 months ago A couple of other members and I were working on a group buy of the incomparably accurate solid 18K rose gold Muller Casablanca from one of our most respected dealers. Sadly, we were unable to entice enough folks to get a the rock bottome price. On a whim, I asked the dealer if the same price was still operative and he said yes. Since this watch is an even better deal now I thought I'd float the idea again.

As it turns out it would have been a good investment back then since the price of gold has gone up more than 30% since then. It's an even better deal now--basically we'd be paying for the gold and the genuine croc strap--getting a 2824 (or even possibly the decorated 2892 if everyone is willing to kick in a few more bucks) for free. If you're interested please PM and I'll fill you in on the detailsas always, in the RWG spirit, everyone pays the same price & I've got no dog in this hunt except getting great rep at a price I could never get flying solo...

@Archibald: I am in for one. Just curious, what is the cost in the ball part with 2824 and 2892?

wow, stunning piece...i would be in for $1000, but not sure about $1500. any more details on this, and how many commitments do we need to make this happen.

dave :victory:

Depends on price and when.... with the ETA 7753 PAM187 (amongst other things), I don't know if I'll be able to get this in the immediate future. :black_eye::wounded1:

Depends on price and when.... with the ETA 7753 PAM187 (amongst other things), I don't know if I'll be able to get this in the immediate future. :black_eye::wounded1:

Are you guys sitting down? On edit: The price range is $1250-$1685 depending on the model you want.

On Edit: Please read cornerstone's post about the gold content.

Here's how I sold it to Ms. A: In this uncertain times, everyone should own some gold to hedge against inflation and protect our savings from a catastrophic event---and what better way to store gold than in a gorgeous fake watch? She said, "That's some pretty good BS, honey, but if you have to have another watch it you might as well get this one..."

Seriously, if we can get enough interested buyers this for the price of the gold alone, it's a no brainer.

I'm in for $1250 :black_eye:

It must have individual serial numbers and this must not be a scam B)

Also super lume goes and true AR coat without saying at this price.

For me, there must be complete transparency for this deal.

It goes without saying that this deal will be structured with complete transparency. My suggestion is that all funds go directly to the dealer, with the watches to be shipped directly to the buyers from him. I'll stake my reputation (more than 10k worth of flawless transactions w/ members and dealers) on the legitimacy of this deal--and the dealer's honesty has been well established.

I don't know about the consecutive serials--I doubt it, though, since this is a new development in the rep world and I suspect the price of these watches is so low because the watches were made when gold was comparitively cheap. If a unique serial is an absolute must for anyone: since the watch is gold, it should be a reletively cheap and easy process for a goldsmith to fill in the serial and engrave whichever one you want.

I'm perfectly happy w/ whatever serial is on the watch, since I'm 100% certian nobody will ever have any reason to verify the authenticity of my watch fvia the serial number--less than .1% of the earth's population knows FM to begin with, let alone have memorized the serial numbers.

OK... I'm happy with that... the individual serial numbers I can give up, but it would be nice ;-)

I've been needing a dress watch for a while now and this is a stunner!

Thanks for putting this together Archibald... I only hope we can get enough people together...

Also super lume goes and true AR coat without saying at this price.

If so, please also count me in.

Not wanting to p**s on anyone's bonfire here - but have you given thought to shipping here.

Theres a quantum leap in risk with these sort of values.

This has generally put the blocks on any 'solid gold' deals of mine in the past.

Who swallows the loss on a no show?

Not wanting to p**s on anyone's bonfire here - but have you given thought to shipping here.

Theres a quantum leap in risk with these sort of values.

This has generally put the blocks on any 'solid gold' deals of mine in the past.

Who swallows the loss on a no show?

I don't remember reading about any unresolvable no-show problems back when people were paying 1000 or more for swiss daytonas and daylights. Many more than 10 of those were shipped.

Anecdotally, I've never had a customs or loss issue on dozens of watches shipped, which I suppose relects the percentage of no-shows compared to the huge number of packages shipped especially using ems or another express carrier.

To me the upside of this particular deal is a 20k watch for the price of the gold in it....

I guess the bottom line, though, is everyone has to eventually make the decision of what is acceptable risk and on which dealers wares they want spend their rep money.

A few things... if it can be delayed a little longer I may be in. I've booked a trip to Lithuania (friend's bachelor party) in a few weeks, need to pay for an operation to be done, and need to start looking for my own place!

I'm committed to the 187 with ETA 7753 as I initiated it with the dealer, so I can't really pull out (or want to !)

Does this come with real AR coating, real superluminova, ETA 2892/3 (can't remember which it's supposed to have) with engraved rotor, correct crown, dial, hands etc. Also, what kind of strap and buckle? Are they good quality?

I'd also want to know the dealer. If it was some guy called Eric (or someone else) I may not be interested.

Finally, does rose gold have any allergic problems ? I am having problems with SS watches in this heat, so am wearing exclusively titanium... I know white gold has nickel, what about rose gold?