When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Unbelievably Accurate Solid 18k Muller Casablanca

archibald

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CORNERSTONE IS CORRECT. In the metal calculator I downloaded, I mistakenly selected 24k gold from the pulldown list, not 18k gold. 18k gold is only 2. 0something heavier than SS, not 2.46 like i have in my calculator. [b]Thus the gold in this watch is worth about $1050. Still an amazing deal, IMO, since we are essentially paying for the gold + $150 for a 99% accurate ETA powered rep.

The watches ARE cast directly from SS so cornerstones figures ARE correct.

My agenda is clear, to convince enough of you that this is a great deal (which it is) so I get my watch $500 cheaper than if I bought 1 pc.

Please bear with me on the identity of the dealer. He requested to remain anonymnous until I have 10 serioes buyers. We're almost there. The watches exist, exactly as per EL's pics (except w/ 2824 for the price quoted). The dealer is famously honorable.

As Pugwash points out, you can get a used muller for $4000 bucks, but they won't be gold and they won't be anywhere near new. Actually, you can get a used muller for about $3000 from trusted ebay sellers, especially if they are the well used, stainless steel version of the most common muller model made... like the one pugwash linked to. Gold casablancas are considerably rarer and you won't get a used one for anwhere near 4000 pounds.

So, if you are really interested please PM soon--we are getting close to last call., as soon as 10 are ready to pay the dealer directly, we move.

CORNERSTONE IS CORRECT.... Still an amazing deal, IMO, since we are essentially paying for the gold + $150 for a 99% accurate ETA powered rep.

That's never what my wife says! :lol::bleh:

I agree that for those that like gold and can afford it, it looks like an excellent deal - as I said, a lot of watch for the money. You're not having to pay 100% retail mark-up either.

The movement: First the bad news. The 18k decorated swiss ads about $300 to the price of the watch--roughly the retail cost of a 2892 w/o decoration. I am working to determine whether or not we can get a decorated asian 2892 for around half that increase. The Zigmeister has posted in numerous threads that the asian 2892 is a good movement.

Certainly the Asian is a good movement but to my opinion would result wrong to spend a remarkable sum for a piece that doesn't have a sound of a Swiss movement.

However we wait for to see the images of this decorated movement to judge.

Edited by MAHLER

Hi Archibald, can you just confirm the dimensions, the price and the availability of either black or white dials please?

Thanks

The dimensions are 43 X 32, it is available in either black or white, and the current price is $1250 firm for the 2824 version. I'm still working on a final 2892 price. Which reminds me: I've PMed everyone who contacted me but if anyone new wants on hte list of potential buyers, could you tell me if you are interested only in the decorated movement version or interested in both the 2824 and decorated? Would just save both our mailboxes a PM.

The dimensions are 43 X 32, it is available in either black or white, and the current price is $1250 firm for the 2824 version. I'm still working on a final 2892 price. Which reminds me: I've PMed everyone who contacted me but if anyone new wants on hte list of potential buyers, could you tell me if you are interested only in the decorated movement version or interested in both the 2824 and decorated? Would just save both our mailboxes a PM.

Whew! I think I have replied to everyone (more than 30 people PMed or Emailed) and answered everyone questions. If i missed anyone, please let me know...

To answer the most common questions:

The count: We're looking good, but we won't know till it's nut cuttin' time. I've pre-sold 2 locally and two RWGers have their money ready to go at any time--so we're half way there--if 1/6 of the the others who have expressed interest end up pulling the trigger, we're there @ $1250.

The gold content: I've been repeatedlyassured it is 18k gold cast directly from the SS piece, which is a 1:1 CNC copy of a gen.

Dials: Yes i can source a very limited number of OEM dials, most black or salmon most in excellent condition...I just picked up a black dial just to have both, but I think the rep dials are right on.

Hands: I'll post here as soon as I find out if the rep's hands are blued or painted (they look blued to me. Compare w/ pics of the vegas or white dialed Conq, which are painted), and Iif the lume on them is C1 as on the gen's hands. The dealer is trying to find out and will let me know ASAP.

The method of payment: I'm not going to worry about it until I have 10 people who say, I'm 100% ready to go depending on who the dealer is and how the paymnent will be done. One thing is for certain, I strongly prefer that all transactions are done directly to the dealer.

I could feel the thud all the way here in Thailand......as all those asses hit the floor.....:lol:

Actually, I'd have no problem if Neil were the dealer, even though he's not.

Isn't Luckky presently occupied?

Anyway for those ready to move--I can tell you who the dealer is.

BTW, can anyone get Muller's website to work? I've never been able to get past the into screen, and the lady at Nieman Marcus has figured out I'm never going to buy a gen so she won't give me any more books...

• 3 weeks later...
Any late breaking on the Muller?

Funny you should ask, I was going to update this this evening: We're in a holding pattern for the time being: The buyer of watch #10 is rustling up the dough, and the dealer and I are working out the fine print-e.g. what happens in the event of a customs issue, acceptable payment methods,etc--if anyone else is interested now's the time to contact me....

QUOTE(narikaa @ Jul 4 2006, 01:54 PM)

Copper

LOL! Nope, and it's not a day-date chrono either..

Yes 4fun, I meant rose gold :wub: But, did Archibald confirm it to you? When I asked him by PM about the quality of the gold he said that the model he meant in the first post was in 18K yellow gold, not rose.

From the photos I seem to like the rose gold model quite more than the yellow one. Maybe because I love the AP Offshore models in that metal (Montoya, Pride of Russia)... :rolleyes:

Edited by perini