When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

China crackdown due to Olympics?

hws3

In one of my emails to one of the dealers here, it it was infered that some of the factories/dealers were having more difficulty getting packages out through customs as the Olympics approached. Anyone else heard anything of this?

The Olympics is a good excuse for many things ;) delays is one....

The 2008 Summer Olympics, officially known as the Games of the XXIX Olympiad that will be held in Beijing, People's Republic of China from August 8 to August 24, 2008.

08new_toplogo.gif

Yep I confirm that ! My dealer has a lot of trouble around these games... Their customs have tightened the checks and are concerned with the great flow of stock and people out of the country, that someone may sneak out some relic or whatever ... First TNT then DHL closed down the shipping of reps out of the country! as he said the games are very bad for the rep business...

DHgate told me the same thing in an attempt to get me not to send back a wrong item.

They talked of seizing, not just a delay.

Naturally Josh is a different matter. :)

Just do not try to import/export fake Olympics merchandise! The Chinese government cracks down swiftly & brutally on Olympics fakes & the factories & sellers that market them.

Wow! That's a first! The Olympics must really have a major effect on their Officials!