When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

When a DSSD replica?

MiguelCadiz

Well, it took 10 months from purchase of a SD to the 1:1 rep. I hope they can do it faster this time. Something like 5 months maybe? To that You have to add the rarity of the watch, that seems to be impossible to get at the moment. I would say we should be VERY happy if we have this rep released by next spring..

Of course there will be other versions based on photos, but these we know will take even longer to reach an acceptable level of detail.. If You are not after details, and just want a look-alike then I would say there will be a 43mmSDDS around November.

PS: no inside info.

wow do you actually have one already? Nice work!!!

i hear the wait list is HUGE for these right now...

yeah, I WISH I had one.. There are none available yet in europe plus I would never buy a watch so different based on brochure photos.. unless I was lucky to get first in line and make a profit by flipping it

...all pics from TZ

The SELs not fitting is probably symmetric, but I don't get it why they are protruded like that. Actually they're similar on the YM, but on YM the SEL is much longer and it doesn't look stupid. This looks like someone made a mistake in calculations and it doesn't fit properly.

I think the whole watch is ugly and sloppy details like this won't help.

L1030286.jpg

wow the sel to the case is crap! also in these pics the finish of the the case and clasp is not to rolex standards! to me it looks like 'Orange Peel" finish... nothing like the smoothed mirror/polish finish.. it looks all bumpy!

The bumpy "orange peel" look it has is probably due to the clear plastic protective wrap that is still on the watch and bracelet. The author of that post stated that it was not his watch to sell, and is probably going to someone else and it would be reasonable to assume that the packing was left on the watch. If they get rid of the "Ring Lock System, etc." labveling on the rehaut, I think they would have a real cool looking watch there.

That "ring locking system" crap, is it on the rehaut or what? Looks flat while the rehaut looks beveled or slanted. The 2 dimensional pics are throwing me off.

With the preliminary pics, I thought it was on the crystal. After some pics from the basil show, etc, it became apparent that it wasn't.

<sarcasm>well, they have already got the ground work done for the wok-like rehaut feature... dial should be an easy one... the weird fitting of the SEL's is already in place too...

and with all the white lies running around... they might as well claim the 12800ft feature too... </sarcasm>