When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hont's site.

trailboss99

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that might apply if Hont was here pushing his goods. There's no rule against members discussing offsite dealers, and if there is then I don't ever want to hear another word about Ebay.

Yes his website sucks but he is obviously using the same sources as Jandrew, his email is on the first page and that's all you really need. It makes no difference to me if the admin say he's OK, I want to hear it from members who have bought from him.

Hi Doc,

Dealt with him for the past year. No problems so far. Things Ive bought from him PAM 183, PAM 127, PAM 111, IWC Porto Chrono, IWC Aquatimer Slevin. A grey Skyland on the way. Bought some parts / spares from him. Not as good as DSNs.

Price generally cheaper. Usually receives goods with a week.

Cheers

Siesta181

The formal HONTWATCH site is crap.

The photobucket collections are more useful.

Both sites running fine here on East coast Australia.

Was going to buy a SMP Chrono off the guy, but it all went wobbly when it came time to pay. Not HIS fault. Something about the Bank of China and MY MasterCard. I feel bad letting him down. Seems a decent bloke. I'm told the does QC in-house.

Hont recently took prices down on his RWI listings after getting a call from his supplier after disclosing his price to andrew in the emails that were posted on RWI. I believe there used to be prices last time I looked at his site, but like Ruby I would email for the latest price and availability.

I know, what I meant was XXXXXXXX where I found the above links was taking forever.

oh i see. i thought you were talking about the links, i haven't looked at his site. i didn't know he had one, if it is that slow he needs to do some work on it.

Thanks siesta181!

Here are some more evil links that FINALLY loaded from Hont's site:

XXXXXXXXXX

Doc,

Some info you might want to know abt my exp with Hont. Bumped into him on the web even before i found the forums. Lady luck was really looking out for me. Back then his website was sinowatches....quality of website sucked but his response was superb. First time off, he replied within the hour. And his english has improved tremendously.

I found RWG early this year and interest in reps rekindled due to the infomation in modding possibilities. Tried some listed dealers here but i stil rate Hont tops.Will only go to other collectors once Hont says he cant get a particular watch (which is very rare).

Mixed feeling abt this whole Hont-Jandrew incident, 1. its definitely good business for hont, 2. Hope his customer service doesnt suffer though, 3. Really hopes that he comes out unscathed (physically) from all this. This is China we are talking about here. Anything goes...

Cheers

Siesta181

This is not a game guys, links are removed for the same reason that we jump on spammers and that is until the fall under our umbrella we have no control to make them follow our rules.

If he wants to deal here or you the members want him here then he needs to contact our admin in regards to getting a position.

Ken

Edit; if I see one more link go up that member will get a time out!

I could have sworn the issue of linking to "new" dealer sites within a discussion was debated before, and that admin was OK with it. Kind of pointless to discuss something on the web and leave out the links, but I guess it's not that hard to find a guy named HONT who sells WATCHES.

Thanks siesta181!

Here are some more evil links that FINALLY loaded from Hont's site:

You can discuss all you want Doc but don't try posting links to non board collectors again thanks.

I know, what I meant was (really like to see how far you can go don't you? next ones a warning) where I found the above links was taking forever.

I got both of these edits at the same time; it's a little bit like picking a fight with a photo on the wall: "I TOLD you to wipe that look off your face mister!"

You must have interesting conversations with the books and magazine articles that you disagree with.

You must have missed the 10 minutes between those two edits Doc, you probably also missed the fact that I edited the first before you made the second post.

I am not going to argue with either of you, I have asked you not to post a live link to the sellers site now you can like it or lump it!

Ken

I agree that the lack of prices prob has to do with the stuff going on at RWI . If he don't list prices he can't get into trouble with Jandrew. The origanal link was my bad, sorry. Only put it up when a long term member asked who he was. Does this meen we can't link to ebay dealers or to warn others of scam sites? Just asking.

Still real slow here so its prob a web issue rather than the site itself.

Regards,

Col.

No Col eBay is very much public domain and we don't have a problem with that or warnings on scam sites, however the fact that Hont doesn't have prices goes against our rulings and he is more than welcome to approach our Admin to inquire about a position.

I also don't blame you for the first link my problem is when members continue to re-post it after I have asked them not to.

Ken

The origanal link was my bad, sorry. Only put it up when a long term member asked who he was.

Regards,

Col.

Sorry i proberbly did not word thast original post very well, it was a statment basicaly saying that he is not a collector here and not treusted by this site. no a request for a link.

Hi ya Fakey! Long time no see.

Its takeing three to five minutes to load a page on this side of the pond. Thats if it loads at all. Shame, he looks like he may be a much needed breath of fresh air around the traps. If he means what he says that is.

Col.

What up?

Yeah I believe he means it. I have talked with him quite a bit. When I was working on getting the emails from him on the Andrew thing we talked everyday. Seems like a really decent guy. Not real great at English though.

I dunno if this is appropriate but, on average, how much lower are Hont's prices compared to the rest?