When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Slate Grey Skyland on different straps

Timepiece

Yesterday I presented the shiny new Skyland on it's original bling bracelet.

Today, after painstakingly removing the push pins, I put it on some other straps:

- On the leather Breitling strap from Angus

- On my black rubber Breitling strap from fleeBay

- On my HKTAN distressed leather strap

IMG_5277.jpg

IMG_5278.jpg

IMG_5292.jpg

_MG_5272.jpg

_MG_5273.jpg

_MG_5275.jpg

_MG_5274.jpg

IMG_5281.jpg

IMG_5282.jpg

IMG_5290.jpg

IMG_5291.jpg

IMG_5293.jpg

IMG_5279.jpg

Spare shot from yesterday:

IMG_5256.jpg

_MG_5271.jpg

_MG_5284.jpg

IMG_5287.jpg

IMG_5288.jpg

IMG_5289.jpg

And some wristhots:

IMG_5286.jpg

IMG_5295.jpg

IMG_5296.jpg

And finally the lume shots of the Superocean Steelfish(left) and the Skyland (right):

1st: directly after 'lights-out'

IMG_5298.jpg

2nd: one minute later:

IMG_5297.jpg

Thanks again for watching!! :D:D:D

Edited by Timepiece

Yeah I forgot to say THX FOR POSTING THE GREAT PICTURESSS!!! :D

YEah This is like a Super Of the Super REP, Look at the AR Awesomee!!!, Just the main drawback i found is the Lume dot, BUT WHO CARES!!!! Everything else LOok LIKE GEN!!!!!!!!!

Here is the Gen picture i found from google, I think its from forumwatchusseek or something

skyland01pj8.jpg

IMG_5286.jpg

Look how close your one is compare to this 1!

Edited by windyzz

It's this kind of irresponsible posting that can make someone want to buy a watch you know! :p

Yeah, the dealers should sent me some models (for free) to make their orders come in, heh, heh. :p

(But then, the quality must be OK as well, or the board members will bury the thing! ;) )

...please start with a HBB platinum...

Here is the Gen picture i found from google, I think its from forumwatchusseek or something

skyland01pj8.jpg

I have read the topic of this pic. It is actually a black dial, but the other details are indeed stunning alike!

(the gen owner claims the rubber strap is an Omega PO strap ?!)

I think that dial would look good on a nice thick black calf or crock strap, the light brown rep strap is a bit tooo light for that dial colour. The black ruber has the best contrast to my eye.

Yep, the light brown rep strap will disappear in my drawer next to the brand new rep strap of the Superocean... (any buyers? ;-)

It is on the (5-7mm) thick HKTAN now. Tough watch on tough strap right!

The colour is a bit darker grey/brown than my pics show.

I found dark grey to be a nice combo with dark brown and the grey-ish black of rubber straps.

Black combo's will do fine I a sure!

Edited by Timepiece

The color of this strap is more adequate... but I'm not sure if it was due to some photo manipulation/tint... look the color of the stainless, it look pretty gray, not color of "standard" SS <_<

Or maybe Breitling use a Stainless that is different? Somebody saw a GEN one at a AD?

I'm getting this exact same Skyland from Angus. Your photos have convinced me the grey dial was the right choice.

Welcome to the "Gray" club ^_^ ( I'm not talking about hair color here ;) )

It was time for me to do something different in my collection (other than always go with safe, black dial) and that will not hurt... I always bought BLACK dial, and searched for really DEEP black, like rolies. But now, I'll try something different. I took the plunge. And I see that there's a lot do the same. It's refreshing to get out of some habbit.

Absolutely... and that will the only MOD that I will do on this watch, it look so perfect ;)

Totally agree on this. I fell for exactly the same pic shown earlier in this thread with what looked like a dark brown strap.

There was a strap made (even in 22mm) by Hirsch that would be perfect: The Livingstone.

But they stopped making it. There are some left, but they are hard to find...