When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tutorial on how to properly water test a watch.

robertb

TJGlade posted an excellent tutorial on the subject so I don't want to step on his toes. Just thought I would post my version of proper watch testing. I'll start with my BCE so watch and learn boys. First of all, get your hands on a Bergeon 5555 like mine that has a max testing pressure of 6 ATMs.

220copy.jpg

Then forget about all that nonsense and go straight to "the test". Find yourself a crazy 7 year old.

138copy.jpg

Strap your watch onto their ankle

123copy.jpg

125copy.jpg

... and start testing!

117copy-1.jpg

118copy.jpg

121copy.jpg

Once confident that your watch won't implode under the intense pressure and vigorous thrashing generated by a hyperactive 7 year old.... put it on and enjoy!

012copy-3.jpg

014copy-1.jpg

015copy-2.jpg

016copy.jpg

You can even lay on the bottom of the pool and blow bubbles like me. :D

068copy.jpg

109copy.jpg

Wonderful stuff...

lets see... I've got to wait 6 years and 4 monthes till my "tester" is primed and ready to rock. Till then I may have to borrow "testing equipment" from others. I think my "tester" might be willing to start now... I'll could try her out with my PO and her little tub-in-the-tub bathing set up.

• 1 month later...

I have a similar method but i use a stupid 38 year old and a 3m board, was sailing in the baltic once and some one on the boat asked if my cheepo SD was water proof, i said i did not know so i tied it to the longest warp we had and chucked it in, it survive being draged on the bottom for a bit.

Guest carlsbadrolex

Im reporting you to CPS... Anyone who would strap a 10 pound steel brick to their childs leg and throw them in a pool needs to be taken away!

OH, great post and great pics! Im not quite sure who was having more fun there!

I cant think of a better thread topic than the sharing of OUR passions with our children!

T