When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New 16610 Sub...

ubiquitous

The only thing why i might suspect that it is a gen is the position of the bezel, why would a master of detail like Ubi position it that way before posting it?

The rest looks gen enough to me to be a great watch!

For the watches with rotating bezels (in my regular rotation), I always set the pearl to 5:00 as I like to use my watch as a 'GMT' more or less. While lacking the 24 hour hand and function, I can still quickly gauge GMT time vs. local time in a brief glance. Works well for me :)

IMG_0209.jpg

BTW, I will say this- Things have been pretty busy, and so I haven't had much time to work on watches much ;)

I will admit that....

A lot of you have some damn good eyes!

Mr. Genzo and Co.- Did my attempts at thwarting and swaying your opinions on this watch work?

The watch is indeed a newly minted wm9. Case is pretty damn good out of the box, but I did add the complete gen bezel assembly to give it a bit more precision and polish. So, the retaining ring around the crystal, the click, the washer, the bezel ring and the insert are all gen. The crown is gen too, but (until next week), that's where the gen parts stop (for now). The only thing I'm waiting on is a gen 295C, which should be here soon. Luckily, this watch is fairly easy to work on, and so it's easy to do some quick mods when I have 15 or 20 minutes free :)

The bracelet, by the way, is a mishmash of parts as well. The three piece SELs are from an old, old TW Best bracelet. I modified them by taking them apart and filing them to take down the top surface; the result is a nice flat top with crisp edges on the center. The top outer links (connecting the bracelet to the SEL) are from the wm9, which I used as they did not have any ref stamped on the bottom. The main hollow links are from an old Noob bracelet I had sitting around and the clasp is wm9. Spring bars are gen. The fit is very nice, and very tight against the case.

I still need to file the CG's but will wait until I have adequate free time- This is a job that (for me) requires some patience and a slow hand; with this particular piece, I definitely do not want to bugger this up.

I was just about ready to buy a gen dial, but instead realized that the wm9 one isn't terribly bad in it's own right. I think it will stay :)

BTW, if anyone wants to see the anatomy of a wm9 SEL...

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

:)

Great watch, Ubi!

I was initially of the opinion it was the genuine article until I noticed the slightly low crown position. On the wrist, I seriously doubt it would be noticeable. B) With a 2892-A2, I suspect the crown position could have been darn near perfect.

The dial is one of the nicest I've seen on the 16610. I certainly wouldn't mind having it on my old lug hole TW best. :p

BTW, nice pics with the new camera!

Enjoy!

Great work Ubi.

These WM9 are amazing.

Too bad for the crown position though.

In your opinion, is the gen bezel making a huge difference.

I still don't have one on mine, nor the crystal.

I really wonder if I should got that way or not.

I'd love to hear your opinion.

Cheers

Stephane

Well it's the same as mine (I used the noob dial), but I didn't find the bracelet solution yet, because noob SEL doesn't fit well, while wm9 bracelet wich fits perfectly has uncorrect solid mid links. Thank you for sharing the solution!

What made me spot the rep is the lume colour and the crown position, otherwise I would have said it is gen.

Anyway, congrats it's the best sub out there at the moment.

@Sthephane, imho the gen bezel is a great improvement, toghether with a gen crystal.

I saw one pretty cheap on ebay a few weeks ago, maybe ubi.. :)

I've a gen dial ready to be installed for 2 months, still thinking if installing it or not.

Here's mine with gen complete bezel, crystal, crown, etc.

IMGP1252.jpg

The wm9 has certainly exceeded my expectations! It's gen construction is top notch! Plus, the staff and service there has been fantastic, catering to questions, etc. in a nice prompt manner. Some may consider the pricing to be high, but in my opinion is fairly reasonable considering the product they provide. It's very well done, and very easy to work with!

Stephane- The gen bezel, in my opinion, is money well spent. The differences between the wm9 and genuine assembly are very similar, but there remain some subtle differences still. The entire feel, fit and finish is something that simply cannot be fully captured in photos. I ended up having to go this route as my gen insert wouldn't snap into the standard wm9 bezel; it was too loose. I really didn't want to glue it, and as luck had it, there was a gen assembly for sale for a very reasonable price. So, for me it was more of a byproduct fix; a solution to resolve another problem but the end benefit was a nice bonus :) I'm only glad that I secured the entire assembly; just the bezel ring alone would not snap directly onto the wm9 retaining ring.

As for the gen 295C- I'll report on that once rec'd and installed ;)

All in all, I'm quite pleased with this one! And, I'd probably wear it if this snowflake didn't monopolize all the wrist time!

Cheers,

R

yeah - its fun to work with this cases -

huge improvement this WM9/MBW08/Euromariner or whatever :D

made really stop buying the real deal - at least for a while ;)

cheers,

Frank