When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Reverse mounted lens macro

ubiquitous

Guest carlsbadrolex

As I have offered before, I have a neighbor that owns a printing company. He owes me some work and can print posters of any picture given the native resolution is good enough.

I would LOVE larger resolution pics of the pearl, the Tudor Oyster Prince and Cosmograph.

Thanks for the kind words, gang!

I'm no photographer, but a buddy of mine says that the effect is 'vignetting', which I've come to understand is not necessarily a desired effect.

So... It looks like more practice for me! However, I've got to say that the macro achieved by reversing a lens is really quite neat and very effective. I may have to get one of those reversal rings that Pug was talking about...

I'm no photographer, but a buddy of mine says that the effect is 'vignetting', which I've come to understand is not necessarily a desired effect.

So... It looks like more practice for me! However, I've got to say that the macro achieved by reversing a lens is really quite neat and very effective. I may have to get one of those reversal rings that Pug was talking about...

Vignetting is a tool in a photographer's arsenal that is only needed when trying to achieve a specific effect. The best way to get rid of unintentional vignetting is to crop the picture. :)

Reversal rings are cheap and very effective. Now you've seen what you can do, you now know the $5 is well worth it.

Keep going, your watches are some of the ones I want to see more macros of!