When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pictorial: Skyland on Rivetted Leather: I'm in LOVE again.

dylan

So...

On the SS bracelet, my skyland wasn't getting any wrist time...so I posted it up

for sale last night...Well, my strap & buckle came in for one of my pilot watches,

and I popped it on the Skyland.

I guess I'm going to hold onto it for a bit more.

I HIGHLY recommend a strap like this for the grey dial...just a perfect combo.

This strap is 4.5mm thick & an antique marone...

skylandout1.jpg

skylandout2.jpg

skylandout3.jpg

skylandout4.jpg

skylandwristcheck.jpg

yup - thats the ticket - user timepiece posted photos a week or so of his grey skyland on an HKtan distressed brown rivet strap - that sealed the deal for me on the skyland - its already in the mail and my rivet strap is in production wtih hktan

check out timepiece's photos

IMG_5292.jpg

IMG_5290.jpg

IMG_5291.jpg

IMG_5293.jpg

IMG_5287.jpg

IMG_5288.jpg

IMG_5295.jpg

IMG_5296.jpg

Like the brown, but I'd have to say I'd much prefer a gen Breit brown calf strap. You would never see a gen owner going with a non breit strap. NEVER! This watch is so perfect and the aftermarket strap just gives it away IMO.

dsc0031sj3.jpg

Like the brown, but I'd have to say I'd much prefer a gen Breit brown calf strap. You would never see a gen owner going with a non breit strap. NEVER! This watch is so perfect and the aftermarket strap just gives it away IMO.

cmon don't be a breitling apologist - :) it doesn't "give it away" breitling owners are just like any other- i'm sure some are breitling crazy - and others, bought a nice watch.

it looks way better on the rivet strap - the breitling leather strap is too wimpy and small for this large of a case! :)

cmon don't be a breitling apologist - :) it doesn't "give it away" breitling owners are just like any other- i'm sure some are breitling crazy - and others, bought a nice watch.

it looks way better on the rivet strap - the breitling leather strap is too wimpy and small for this large of a case! :)

+1

my gen brown breit strap looks not wimpy at all.

And i hate wimpy staps i sold my jlc mcc becasue of its strap :lol:

yup - thats the ticket - user timepiece posted photos a week or so of his grey skyland on an HKtan distressed brown rivet strap - that sealed the deal for me on the skyland - its already in the mail and my rivet strap is in production wtih hktan

check out timepiece's photos

IMG_5292.jpg

IMG_5290.jpg

IMG_5291.jpg

IMG_5293.jpg

IMG_5287.jpg

IMG_5288.jpg

IMG_5295.jpg

IMG_5296.jpg

No kidding, Pho. I have NEVER owned or even wanted at Brietling, but that's cool as can be. And in two days, two super cool brietlings have been around... I love that PVd too...

my gen brown breit strap looks not wimpy at all.

And i hate wimpy staps i sold my jlc mcc becasue of its strap :lol:

yeah i have 2 of the same strap in blue - its not wimpy - it looked ok on my steelfish - was mostly giving andrew some [censored] :)

but - seriously though, it looks alot smaller on the skyland than the steelfish.

i've gotten this thing for straps, if its thinner than 5mm its wimpy!!! :)

jk

Thanks Phoband for enthusiastically sharing my HKTAN strap pics with the members!! :D

I must say I do like the fresh white stitching of the other strap shown. It is more crisp than the golden stitching of my HKTAN.

Don't get me wrong, that old-school pilot look is OK for the IWC 3717!

But... visiting a Breitling gen forum frequently, I think members are right that gen Breitling owners generally only wear Breitling style straps.

I might consider a 22-20mm non-riveted distressed brown leather HKTAN with white stitching that could take a Breitling buckle.

The thick >= 5mm brown straps really match the grey dialed ones!

Good luck with yours!!

Thanks Phoband for enthusiastically sharing my HKTAN strap pics with the members!! :D

I must say I do like the fresh white stitching of the other strap shown. It is more crisp than the golden stitching of my HKTAN.

Don't get me wrong, that old-school pilot look is OK for the IWC 3717!

But... visiting a Breitling gen forum frequently, I think members are right that gen Breitling owners generally only wear Breitling style straps.

I might consider a 22-20mm non-riveted distressed brown leather HKTAN with white stitching that could take a Breitling buckle.

The thick >= 5mm brown straps really match the grey dialed ones!

Good luck with yours!!

want to make sure genius gets its recognition

hope you don't mind :)

I like the gen OEM leather but the rivets look really interesting as well. I would love to see a black version with stark white contrast stitching to match the white on the watch. One of the standouts about the Skyland dial and why in part that it really pops if the contrast between the white numerals and the black dial which is over exagerated by the AR. Pure white stitch in the strap agaist a black color would really tie the whole watch in with the bonus of the rivets and a big, thick, squareish PAM/pilot hybrid style look. Cool...