When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is Jakub away?

scotty

Excuse me for being pessimistic, but tales of personal woe seem to be a normal pattern when dealers or sellers go south. Don't get me wrong, I sympathize with Jakub if his claim is true, but I have seen this kind of thing too many times to believe it fully. This thread is well over a month old, and early posters were complaining of 2 month waits, and lack of communication then. He answered with the "I was on vacation" excuse. As weeks passed and the problems didn't, he answered with the "dead family member" excuse. Shades of RBJ and TWP I'm afraid :(

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse me for being pessimistic, but tales of personal woe seem to be a normal pattern when dealers or sellers go south. Don't get me wrong, I sympathize with Jakub if his claim is true, but I have seen this kind of thing too many times to believe it fully. This thread is well over a month old, and early posters were complaining of 2 month waits, and lack of communication then. He answered with the "I was on vacation" excuse. As weeks passed and the problems didn't, he answered with the "dead family member" excuse. Shades of RBJ and TWP I'm afraid :(

I'm sorry to have to say it, but I tend to to agree with andreww. I sent Jakub a brand new Tag Link Chrono (that I hadn't even worn !!) and he told me that it was on it's way back to me about two weeks before his "family bereavement". I'm still waiting .......:huh:

man, i sent him a ultimate ceramic bezel hbb black magic i . i'd venture to say one of the more expensive reps out there. he answered all my emails promptly and courteously. the watch was back in no later than 4 weeks. A+ job and service. this was mid july. if he was going scammer i think my $1k+ dollar rep (at the time) would have been gone FOR SURE. my point don't give up on your watches just yet. imagine how much work he is behind on, not including emails...think THOUSANDS of emails. it would take him literally days of straight emailing to get caught up, and right now it's probably the last thing on his mind. the death of a loved one really takes the wind out of your sails when it comes to motivation. and all the threatening emails aren't helping.

for some reason, i know he will come through.

man, i sent him a ultimate ceramic bezel hbb black magic i . i'd venture to say one of the more expensive reps out there. he answered all my emails promptly and courteously. the watch was back in no later than 4 weeks. A+ job and service. this was mid july. if he was going scammer i think my $1k+ dollar rep (at the time) would have been gone FOR SURE. my point don't give up on your watches just yet. imagine how much work he is behind on, not including emails...think THOUSANDS of emails. it would take him literally days of straight emailing to get caught up, and right now it's probably the last thing on his mind. the death of a loved one really takes the wind out of your sails when it comes to motivation. and all the threatening emails aren't helping.

for some reason, i know he will come through.

Right, and i'm not really worried (yet), but a simple reply in this thread shouldn't be too difficult , nor time-consuming, and would re-assure all is going the right way ?

My email to him has indeed not been answered yet, but i can imagine he receives way too many mails recently.

BTW, does anyone know exactly why his section has been removed from the forum (maybe i missed something :unsure: )

Best regards,

Lewis.

The section was probably removed to avoid members thinking he's still doing business as usual. Understandable. I'm sure it'll reappear if and when things go back to normal.

On a different note, I was wondering:

1. Does anyone have any info about the watchmaker who does work for him?

2. Are there any members in Warsaw or nearby who could pay Jakub a visit?

3. Does Jakub have any mates at all here that keep in touch with him, talk to him, etc? Anyone at all knows this guy personally?

My girlfriend suggests we shoould all chip in a few bucks and get a local PI to look into this. :D Hell, I've got stuff worth enough money with this guy that this doesn't sound like a such a stupid idea after all!!! :mellow:

Lewis:

His Forum was set invisible until these issues get resolved...

We as a Team are watching this very closely...

Thanks,

TT

OK TT, that's a fair and correct action.

I Really hope Jakub is well and clears things up asap in this thread, as it's the only one left to explain now...

Jakub, Please ??? We are all with you, but also concerned about what's happening.

So a simple message in this thread is more than welcome.

THX,

Lewis.

How long can someone grieve a personal loss? We have all had losses in our lives, in my job I get 3 days brevement leave and then I am expected to return to work.

It takes but a few minutes of your day, to either go to the post office and return people's property, or even better, post a status update on where everyone's watches stands. Thousands of supposed emails don't have to be answered, that is the advantage of the forum, one post will inform everyone.

However none of this answer's or gives me a good feeling when members have had watches gone missing for months, all before the death in the family.

For me it's deja vu all over again, RBJ, Finepics, TWP, Navigateur, and the rest of those that have gone down this road. Same story, same excuses, same response overall, and the ending has never been good for the members.

It should never get to this stage, if members were posting about thier experiences with modders well before months went by with no watch and no answer's. I am not very tolerant of this behaviour, not when your providing a service for money. Be professional or dont' do the work.

I hope everyone gets thier property back.

RG

As a 'customer' its very difficult to criticise a modder that still has your watches (however justified) as you run the real risk of offending them and getting lower quality work back or just being told that your watches have been sent back to you but must have got lost in the post. Obviously some have a level of professionalism that this doesn't apply to but they are also the ones that don't get criticism.

Jakub told me that 3 crystals had been posted to me on 23rd June but when I queried a few weeks later as nothing had arrived I was told that they had gone back to the lab for re-coating due to QA problems with the AR. I was later told that all 6 crystals were posted to me at the end of July but still nothing arrived, I even sent extra payment to get insured shipping for these and Jakub said he would send by EMS but I haven't had an email response since I asked for the tracking number.

Unfortunately, I can't wait for months hoping for my crystals back as some aren't even mine so I've had to go to Josh and buy complete case sets just for the crystals. I now have the parts to put my watches back together but I still want AR so I'm waiting for Chief's next sign-up.

I'd still like Jakub to send my AR'd crystals back and I feel for everyone that has sent entire watches but like many things in life I think that you have to draw a line after which you cut your losses and move on.

Best wishes to you all.

As a 'customer' its very difficult to criticise a modder that still has your watches (however justified) as you run the real risk of offending them and getting lower quality work back or just being told that your watches have been sent back to you but must have got lost in the post. Obviously some have a level of professionalism that this doesn't apply to but they are also the ones that don't get criticism.

Jakub told me that 3 crystals had been posted to me on 23rd June but when I queried a few weeks later as nothing had arrived I was told that they had gone back to the lab for re-coating due to QA problems with the AR. I was later told that all 6 crystals were posted to me at the end of July but still nothing arrived, I even sent extra payment to get insured shipping for these and Jakub said he would send by EMS but I haven't had an email response since I asked for the tracking number.

Unfortunately, I can't wait for months hoping for my crystals back as some aren't even mine so I've had to go to Josh and buy complete case sets just for the crystals. I now have the parts to put my watches back together but I still want AR so I'm waiting for Chief's next sign-up.

I'd still like Jakub to send my AR'd crystals back and I feel for everyone that has sent entire watches but like many things in life I think that you have to draw a line after which you cut your losses and move on.

Best wishes to you all.

I understand completely where you are coming from, both from your perspective and as a person who offers a service.

If you or anyone who has a watch with a modder, has waited a reasonable amount of time, had broken promises and missed delivery dates, and you get no response from the modder, then you owe it to the forum to report this.

Not in an accusatory way, but to simply state what has happened to you. Everyone seems to put and attach emotion to these topics, it's not an emotional discussions, never should be one.

You paid for a service, you were promised a delivery date, that date has gone by for weeks, you haven't gotten any answers, so post about it.

Problem I have seen in the past, especially with RBJ, is that he did exactly as you suggested, held people's watches hostage. BUT the bigger problem was that everyone was SCARED to post or say anything, and people kept sending him watches, and more watches, at one point he had over 150 watches, most still in the shipping boxes at his house...

If no one says anything, people keep on shipping and shipping, and what may have been a small problem, becomes a huge one.

We need to stop being scared and speak out about mods and what is really going on, or this is going to keep on taking place, it been like this for 4 years that I have been here...

RG

Ok, I do agree with everything you guys are saying. But it seems to me that all we end up doing is waiting and waiting.... And hoping that he'll make contact or that something happens... Are we still going to have this discussion in a month's time? I have had a lot of stuff with him for months. I know others here have just as much with him and for longer than me. All up, this guy has tens of thousands of dollars worth of other people's stuff. I'm not quite sure what he could do with it, but I do know that I'd like it back. Preferably soon, not in nine months time. I don't question that he must be going through something serious, and I sympathise, but that doesn't change the fact that I would like my things back. So is there anything at all that we can proactively do? We have his name and contact details... Surely that's a starting point... Any ideas??

The fact that this information is visible to everyone is what is important at this time.

Your situation, and others like you, it totally unaceptable.

All we can hope is that no one else sends him any watches, and that people think twice about doing any work with him in the future.

I am not big on excuses, it may sound harsh and uncaring, but the reality is that this same excuse has been used by every modder in the past, it's getting old. Especially when we are talking about many watches that have been missing for months since before the death in the family.

The starting point may be for the EU members to get on a Ryanair flight and retrieve their belongings...

RG

Well, or we should assign someone in PL a Detective or something...Isn't a member of this forum, which had problems in the past with him but managed to retrieve his watches, living very close to him???

Addtionally I have to say, that I am complaining about not getting my watches back for a long time now and everything a lot of members do is writing something like "keep waiting, he is a cool guy" which is not much of a help...anyway we have to get our stuff back, leaving all the stuff in PL is not option to me!!!

Well, or we should assign someone in PL a Detective or something...Isn't a member of this forum, which had problems in the past with him but managed to retrieve his watches, living very close to him???

Addtionally I have to say, that I am complaining about not getting my watches back for a long time now and everything a lot of members do is writing something like "keep waiting, he is a cool guy" which is not much of a help...anyway we have to get our stuff back, leaving all the stuff in PL is not option to me!!!

Who's this guy who had probs with J before? Never heard about that... Could be helpful having a word with him.

Who's this guy who had probs with J before? Never heard about that... Could be helpful having a word with him.

His name is Sql_pl

Here is what he wrote earlier in this thread:

"Guys I see I was mentioned a couple times here.

Sorry but I did not check this thread earlier because I was no longer interested in k2222.

After last time he made service to me (pam 196 and navitimer - his first BEST AR run) and actually BS'd me numerous times about when I was going to get my watches back I commented about it on the forum. Then he acted offended, we had an argument over the phone and that's how we finished our cooperation.

Then he also told me his watchsmith will not work on my 16520 daytona - even though it was agreed earlier that he will assemble it for me.

We will see how it ends.

He is located 120 miles from me - not far but I have some friends in Warsaw who could help... no problem.

To be honest I do not believe it is a scam and that he did run away with all your watches. He propably f**ked something up and is now trying to do something to resolve it. It would be wiser for him to actually reply some emails and buy some time but it looks like he did not think about that."

Guest Mr Jones

First why if you send expensive replica or gen to modding you don't ask about landline phone contact ?

No mobile phone but LANDLINE phone, I do it with Jakub - I will see next posts 'this is only hobby .... '

First warrning you have than he move problems to polish post,

second you have from Sql_pl between words,

last warrning story about die [too many polish use this story to cover same problems].

But happen samething different what he don't want told, maybe his watchsmith stolen part of your watches ?!

CBS take hands on his parcels and confiscated all ?!

Mybe he think better sold this all what he have than making moding next 5 years ?!

I think airticket to Warsaw two-way in EU will cost no more than 150EU.

I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt and believe that his tragedy is true. But The Zigmeister's right. He owes the people whose property and money he has the TWO MINUTES it would take to log on and say "Sorry guys, I'll need a month (or two or whatever) before I do anything related to watches." A little thing like that would go a long way.

Guys, I think if we do it this way it's going to be messy. I suggest we let the admin decide how to proceed. Ideally it would be nice to have one person to whom we can PM or email our list of items. Then that person can compile the final list and hold it until things are resolved or until the list is needed.

By the way, a group-buy of crystals wouldn't work for me. I have 4 whole watches with him, one crystal plus case, and some parts. Oh dear...

Admin and mods: can you please let us know your thoughts on this list idea? And as I said before, this should be done on RWI and RG too.

I have the following with Jakub that I'd still like returned (with or without AR)

1x 45mm Omega PO crystal

1x 42mm Omega PO crystal

1x Vacheron Constantin Overseas crystal

1x Audemars Piguet Royal Oak crystal

1x Rolex Submariner crystal

1x Rolex Sea-Dweller (pre SSD) crystal

I'm so glad I invested in a crystal press or I'd have sent the entire watch cases.

Yeah but in the end it is quite the same...try gettin' a spare crystal for the Overseas or the RO...

Threads like these always spin out of control. His section is invisible so if he doesn't come back there won't be anymore damage. And the existence of this thread adds additional security. If he does not come back and anyone were to send him more watches then they get what's coming to them. .Just relax and let it play out. And I am great at research so I would be happy to help compile the list.

Edited by fakemaster