When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is Jakub away?

scotty

.....I still am not convinced he's scamming as such. What happened with Finepics was similar - he had health problems then personal problems, that all turned into depression basically - and did resolve itself in the end.

But here???? What, if anything, can be done?

Maybe J is suffering from some form of crisis or depression?

I'm feeling the same here. It doesn't sound like a scam, but more like somebody in some sort of trouble.

In situations like this I always feel that leaving the door open and giving time will result in a positive solution. Using other methods will only escalate the situation. But that's just how I feel it. I can't force others to think the same....

I like Rooster's idea of looking for a trusted person who can help J sending our stuff back. I don't know if he has financial problems as well. If so, we may have to give him time to transfer the funds back to people who have already paid him upfront.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this idea too, but as stated, we'd need a willing volunteer in the Warsaw area, and also that Jacub can be contacted and accepts help.

Someone mentioned a land-line number (Mr Jones I think).

Does anyone have a contact number other than J's mobile, which either goes straight to voicemail or is not answered?

That may be a start....

This was posted by Niko on RG on the 24th Sept:

'Jakub is currently on extended leave from the forum due to a family bereavement.

We offer him our thoughts and best wishes at this time.

Please be patient with any work that you have pending with Jakub, as we expect that he will return in the near future.

In the meantime, we suggest that you do not send watches or crystals to him until he returns and clears any backlog of work that he has.

Please contact the forum staff with any questions.'

Hope this clears matters up a bit.

Edited by TommyB

Guest Sql_pl

My friend told me that when they met in person it was not in the place that Kuba wanted us to ship our watches to (ul. Bruna in Warsaw) and he actually claimed that this other address was the place he lives in.

Not sure if this is a good sign. Maybe address that we all know was set up only to get watches shipped to.

This situation is getting ugglier by the day, even though I want to believe J will sort things out, each day with out communications from him, makes me /us believe that something else is going on..... and make him looks bad by the minute

J Please send my AMG ti and Lello DW in the way it is ( moded or Un Moded) , no more questiones asked

Edited by PAM192MEX

Called his landline number today.

A woman answered on the first ring, but unfortunately didn't speak English and my Polish is nil.

I mentioned Jakub's name but wasn't sure if she was saying he wasn't there, or there was no Jakub at that number....

This is all really looking very bad......

Sql - looks like you and your friend are the best hopes for a direct contact with Jakub, to establish what's going on........

Called his landline number today.

A woman answered on the first ring, but unfortunately didn't speak English and my Polish is nil.

I mentioned Jakub's name but wasn't sure if she was saying he wasn't there, or there was no Jakub at that number....

This is all really looking very bad......

Sql - looks like you and your friend are the best hopes for a direct contact with Jakub, to establish what's going on........

Yeah we should avoid all calling up and making him nervous. It's not going to help. Can we have one Polish speaking person give him a call again as soon as possible? I.e., before he changes phone numbers?... If any Polish speaker can ring him and ask him for a timeframe or if he needs any help, let us know. And also let us know if you need his contact details.

By the way, someone just gave out Jakub's numbers to everyone, so things are just about the get worse as everyone tries to reach him at the same time from all corners of the world... Let's make sure we don't overwhelm him!!

A cynic might say:

-Jakub had a temporary address

-Has now moved to a permanent (or another temp) address therefore does not want anyone sending watches to his new address, hence why he refused to accept some watches

-Gave back the genuine watch as this would cause him more trouble with the police than reps ever would

Can you access the electoral roll in Poland? or the land registry to see who owns the addresses he had?

Of course, I hope none of the above is true and there is indeed an explanation for all this.

everyone who keeps saying jakub is not the kinda guy who would do this......I was friends with him also.

well he did.......and he is. Someone needs to visit him in person and get everyone's goods back and then ban him forever.

There is no excuse for this.

A cynic might say:

-Jakub had a temporary address

-Has now moved to a permanent (or another temp) address therefore does not want anyone sending watches to his new address, hence why he refused to accept some watches

-Gave back the genuine watch as this would cause him more trouble with the police than reps ever would

Can you access the electoral roll in Poland? or the land registry to see who owns the addresses he had?

Of course, I hope none of the above is true and there is indeed an explanation for all this.

As I said a number of times already, he couldn't possibly think he'd get away with it, if this is what he meant to do. And he couldn't possibly think that stealing a bunch of reps and crystals is a good idea.

First of all, it's probably not worth it. He's got a few reps, some cheap gens, some crystals, datewheels and the sort, that he still needs to convert into cash, and this is not as easy as it may sound. Particularly because he can't use the best distribution channels for these (our forums).

Second, it would be quite easy to track him down if he really tried to get away with the goods and money, and if we decided to do something about it. There are agencies that deal with this kind of stuff and they're quite cheap and accessible too.

Third, it's many of us (30-40, maybe more?), not just one person, so we are quite resourceful. It would be silly to mess with us for such a minor profit (which still needs to be realised anyway).

Fourth, even if he makes 10 grand out of this, then what? He's lost a very lucrative business. Look how many of us he was doing work for. I estimate that he was probably making at least $2k a month with his AR services alone. Why give up that kind of income for a bunch of reps and crystals? Even if he does realise 10 grand out of our stuff, once that money runs out (and it would run out fast) he doesn't have any other cash flow. Again, silly idea.

Finally, he could still get into trouble with the authorities, as he not only has goods (not all of which are easily identifiable as reps, such as crystals, and some are gens) but he also has money. Someone [censored] off enough with him not to let him get away with it could still get him into a lot of trouble with the law. And 10 grand is far from enough to retire safely on an island in the BVIs...

Of course, you can find all sorts of arguments to suggest I'm wrong. Maybe he's got a gambling debt... Maybe it's drugs... Maybe he's an alien... etc... And indeed, I may be wrong. But this is my gut feeling. I don't know the guy but my inclination is to think that this would be a very stupid crime, and i give him the benefit of the doubt. So I feel he'll get on to it at some stage, and many of us may eventually get their things back...

And Bolo666: thanks for your input, but what worries me is that you only just signed up on this forum and that this one here was your very first post. It was also a provocative post, but one that provided very little information. Also, what you say may have been true about Praga once, but I don't know if it's necessarily still true today... So I think you should elaborate a little bit on your story here, please. And maybe if you're for real then you could also lend us a hand... :)

And for jurisdictional concerns: In Poland (which is similar to German jurisdiction) you get the same trouble in not returning someones Rep as for keeping a gen...

BUT: All we do is talk and write all the time...We must take action and exert pressure somehow, due to all reports I heard recently, he must be in good health and trying to get away with the watches...Users from Warsaw, please chime in and let's talk about action!!!

And Bolo666: thanks for your input, but what worries me is that you only just signed up on this forum and that this one here was your very first post. It was also a provocative post, but one that provided very little information. Also, what you say may have been true about Praga once, but I don't know if it's necessarily still true today... So I think you should elaborate a little bit on your story here, please. And maybe if you're for real then you could also lend us a hand... :)

Sorry to say Roost that Mr Bolo is no longer with us...

As well as Mr Jones...

One in the same BTW...

His post and the subsequent replies have been set invisible...

And finally, this Thread is not going to turn into a discussion about how to lynch Jakub...

We have attempted contact to no avail...

And will continue to do so...

Let's keep this Thread civil...

TT

Sorry to say Roost that Mr Bolo is no longer with us...

As well as Mr Jones...

One in the same BTW...

His post and the subsequent replies have been set invisible...

And finally, this Thread is not going to turn into a discussion about how to lynch Jakub...

We have attempted contact to no avail...

And will continue to do so...

Let's keep this Thread civil...

TT.

Ha! Thanks TT... I guess this thread is attracting the wrong kind of attention...

But I don't think anyone here is thinking about lynching or punishing J in any way... Quite the opposite, at least as far as I'm concerned... The crux of my posts here is that I don't believe he's a scammer, and that we should actually have someone over there offer to give him a hand. I'd be happy to contribute towards paying someone in W to go help him sort things out. But finding such a person seems difficult.

I really do think we are all just trying to find some sort of solution to such a sad situation, and with only a few exceptions discussions have been mostly constructive.

Thank you for all the effort the Admin team is putting into this. Hope something will come unstuck soon.

I get what you are saying Rooster, but whatever the motivation is behind his disappearance, the end result is still the same. He is a scammer. Its like stealing a loaf of bread to feed your family, it may be justified, but you are still a thief.

At some point jakub decided to bolt. It really doesn't matter why.

I get what you are saying Rooster, but whatever the motivation is behind his disappearance, the end result is still the same. He is a scammer. Its like stealing a loaf of bread to feed your family, it may be justified, but you are still a thief.

At some point jakub decided to bolt. It really doesn't matter why.

I hate to admitt it but I agree, he's gone and so are my/our watches!