When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is Jakub away?

scotty

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

============

german guy from RWI did sent a IWC chrono crystal to him.

he got it back with edges broken off and massive scratches.

complained to him.....and Jakub apologized.....and replaced it with a perfect AR coated crystal 3 weeks later.

still....we were wondering where the replacement crystal came from.

ILL Will

Edited by dmastah12

============

german guy from RWI did sent a IWC chrono crystal to him.

he got it back with edges broken off and massive scratches.

complained to him.....and Jakub apologized.....and replaced it with a perfect AR coated crystal 3 weeks later.

still....we were wondering where the replacement crystal came from.

when was it??

exactly....free work for good review. he had contacted many members that have - expensive - watches and offered free work.

screening carefully who has those watches - knowing exactly whom to offer that. free work.

There was never any doubt that this was going on, despite the lies to the contrary from both k2222 and the beneficiaries of the free work.

A senior paying member from another automotive forum pulled a similar trick not too long ago. He collected tens of thousands of dollars selling raffle tickets for a vehicle that was being custom-built for the winner. Since the proceeds were being donated to some kinda retarded children's charity, people poured their wallets out and even gave away expensive spares & upgrades for the vehicle. No word on the vehicle nor the money from the organizer or his poor kid anymore ...

... being that i am new to the rep world, i'm still learning on how things work around here, but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it must be a duck. An internet transaction is no measure of a person's true nature so either resign yourselves to your fate or get up & get even.

This is a very sad story for this forum.

I have lost 1 x PAM111H and I'm not happy at all.

Realizing though that other members have lost much more, I feel somehow "luckier".

Since this is a real issue for our forum and no matter if this is a forum about the rep world - our money is not rep money though - I suggest that the forum should not allow people to provide services to this forum's members without some kind of proven identification.

I admit that with the Asian collectors this is out of the question but I guess that in Europe, the States and Canada this can be controlled.

Modification services should be provided by professionals and their true details should be beforehand available to the forum admin team.

Reading all these regarding Jakub.

How many watches he kept ??? 30 - 40 watches

How mouch money send and nothing got back ????

......... its really frastruting.

Are you sure guys the Polish Police cannot act ????

.....even though the stolen items are reps, I guess in many cases "buying and modding reps without the intention to sell them" maybe is not illegal.

Can somebody check what's the case in Poland ???

I personaly cannot see any other solution other than having the police acting on the issue.

I personaly cannot see any other solution other than having the police acting on the issue.

I agree. For the most part Jakub's service was non-rep specific as most of the losses simply involve crystal, money and the odd gen. Internet theft however is not something that most police departments want to get involved with.

I agree with you athan. As a new guy here i assumed that the dealers/modders etc with their own section on the forum had to identify themselfs in some way. They earn money and gain trust by being here. Im simply amazed that no one can find this guy, he has been doing deals here for years.

Edited by slask111

This is an extremely sad case and a true burden to this community. I've done business with Jakub twice, both of the transactions went good and I had nothing but positive things to say about Jakub. Though on the last watch I sent, an 3717, the day wheel was jammed when I received the watch back. I informed him about the matter and he offered me a free service if I sent the watch back to Poland, something in which I did not do because of personal matters. This was approx. one month ago. Thinking back, I have to say that I was _lucky_.

But still, I truly hope that the community comes to the bottom in this case and finds some sort of resolvement.

i once got scamed in a deal and lost 4.5 k on the internet.

paypal did not help at all.

there is a internet crime and scam report website, run together with the FBI.

i reported the whols case, and got a letter that a federal investigator will review the case.

after 8 month...i got another letter. nothing that he can do, - please contact a specialized lawyer.

contacting the polish police, and show / proof evidence..... until anything happens, lets get real - might take years.

i dont want to even know how many internet fraud and scams are piling up in Poland...besides the other crimes.

anybody in here that is a member of the Hells Angels - they have chapters in poland.

i am sure things would speed up TREMENDOUSLY when one of these guys would knock on his door.....

GUYS!! i MAY have some good news...

Today Jakub contacted me by email. apologizing for the late response and telling me that the work was done and probably will be sent this week. A bit weird that he contacts by email, but not a small message on this board, but the hope is not gone and will keep you updated...

I have to say that I always have had very good dealings with J.

i dont want to even know how many internet fraud and scams are piling up in Poland...besides the other crimes.

horologie_unitas, what is your problem with Poland???? The size of internet frauds and scams is the same as in any other European Union country. BTW, where are you from?

GUYS!! i MAY have some good news...

Today Jakub contacted me by email. apologizing for the late response and telling me that the work was done and probably will be sent this week. A bit weird that he contacts by email, but not a small message on this board, but the hope is not gone and will keep you updated...

I have to say that I always have had very good dealings with J.

Watch-out!!!

Did he ask you for money? Have you paid him in advance?

In my case he asked me to pay him after the job is done.

If he comes to me now asking for money, I don't know what to do.

It's obvious that I don't trust this guy any more...

Imagine to loose the watch and also the

In my case he asked me to pay him after the job is done.

If he comes to me now asking for money, I don't know what to do.

The first time I paid him after the job was done. The second time I had to pay before receiving the watch back.

Considering the past situation I'm now inclined to only pay after my watch is back.