When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is Jakub away?

scotty

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps Jakub got in well over his head with his modding services. I know some small business owners who would appear successful from the outside looking in, but administrative costs kept rising so that caused them to fold.

well, yes, If I was him, I would only accept single crystals and rotor's etc. And maybe a minimum of 2 crystals to save shipping and administration effort. Otherwise lots of work with watch smith removing and replacing crystals, administration, logistics, storage, etc etc.

Great to see everyone is geting their stuff back. Dani did you call off the troops? Seems they won't be needed. It realy had come to that mind you.

I think people realy do pass at posting negitive stuff ref dealers due to backlash from other members. Look at the first pages of this thread.While the OP dodn't catch any real harsh coment he was told in no uncertain terms that "there could be no problem, it's Jakub!"

As long as the poster is calm and reasonable in explaining his grievence and has made some atempt to sort it out (either contacting or atempting to contact the collector/modder) he should have our ear untill the other side has responded. All our collectors ect should be here often enough to see the thread if it's in the right place or somone can PM the one involved. People with petty grumbles and unwarrented concerns should be told so politly.

There is, I'm told, a place where some collectors are almost untouchable and anyone complaining about them is in for a bad day. I don't go there and thankfully I could never see that happening here but people must be encouraged to come foward with tales of woe as well as with glowing reviews when things go right. Maybe, if folk had done so in this case this may have been nipped in the bud. And for that to happen they must feel OK about doing so.

My 2c worth.

Regards,

Col.

There is, I'm told, a place where some collectors are almost untouchable and anyone complaining about them is in for a bad day. I don't go there and thankfully I could never see that happening here but people must be encouraged to come foward with tales of woe as well as with glowing reviews when things go right. Maybe, if folk had done so in this case this may have been nipped in the bud. And for that to happen they must feel OK about doing so.

We encourage and support dealer reviews...

Both good and bad...

The one thing we don't allow is the trolling of dealers...

IE; if you've never done business with the dealer - then keep out of their reviews...

Or if you have, and posted about it, don't go trolling for every opportunity to piss in their post toasties...

The Board is not here to serve as an opportunity to act out vendettas or grudges...

State your case, then move on...

TT

Why is everyone now justifying what he did?

I know people are happy to get there stuff back but you are still left with a situation where a very trusted member here betrayed the entire community without cause or communication.

Hopefully he will be dealt with accordingly.

Perhaps Jakub got in well over his head with his modding services. I know some small business owners who would appear successful from the outside looking in, but administrative costs kept rising so that caused them to fold.

I don't think anybody is justifying anything. I really don't think Jakub will be back here, and certainly will never be trusted by the membership. We are however, happy that he has decided to return peoples property. Whether he's done this because it is the right thing to do, or because he is starting to feel some heat, is still up for debate ;)

10 returns announced between 4/11 and today.

jamesg / therooster / slask111 / user54 / stephane / rassie / trombone - none of these listed in the original missing list.

Itseme / Prof / Scoobs 1971 (from the original list)

Still missing (from the original list) 15:

me / Caracarnj / Windyzz / Fireman Fred / Tazzman / MB1 / Yacht_master / sulimbim /RC42 / Pam 192MEX / AndyHolmes / Olreon / gruva / Lewis123 / fivefive

So say 10/25 returned between 4/11 and 10/11 - 40%.

And none of these had had any work done, but had probably been shipped months ago and J was still accepting orders even with these pending.

Anyway - it still looks positive for now in that things are turning up.

Here's hoping that in a couple of weeks we can have 24/24 and issue closed.

I also doubt he'll be back.

And I think he would have done himself a lot of good posting here as to what had gone wrong. Would have reduced tensions and perhaps some of the posts that some people seem to be unhappy about for whatever reason.

Still missing (from the original list) 15:

me / Caracarnj / Windyzz / Fireman Fred / Tazzman / MB1 / Yacht_master / sulimbim /RC42 / Pam 192MEX / AndyHolmes / Olreon / gruva / Lewis123 / fivefive

+ Athan's PAM111H (list edit of Oct 2 2008, 03:26 PM)

Still waiting :g:

Nothing arrived here yet...I sent the watch to him in June and I can't really imagine it hasn't been touched since then as he wrote me the crystals were already ready...I still hope for him to return it to me anyway...

A couple of questions are bugging me and maybe those guys who have received their watches back may be able to help:

Firstly, I got an email from Jakub in August telling me that my watch was "ready to be shipped back to me" which led me to believe that the AR work had been done and secondly, I haven't paid anything yet.

So, I'm wondering:

1) It appears that those that have got their watches/crystals back, have not had any work done (ie AR), is this correct ? Has anybody received a watch/crystal that has had ANY work done on it?

2) Those that have received their wathes/crystals back, did they pay anything in advance?

I can't believe, after all that has happened (or NOT happened !), that J would ship people's property all over the world for free so is it the case that if you have paid up in advance, you can have your watch/crystal back (with or without AR) and if you haven't paid anything (like me!), can we kiss our watches goodbuy?

I'd be interested to hear from those that have got theirs back ;)

1) It appears that those that have got their watches/crystals back, have not had any work done (ie AR), is this correct ? Has anybody received a watch/crystal that has had ANY work done on it?

2) Those that have received their wathes/crystals back, did they pay anything in advance?

I'd be interested to hear from those that have got theirs back ;)

No work has been done on my crystal and I didn't pay anything.

No work has been done on my crystal and I didn't pay anything.

Mmmmm... Glad to hear you got your crystal back safe and sound but I'm amazed that J is sending all this stuff back without asking for the price of the shipping.... :huh:

I can't believe, after all that has happened (or NOT happened !), that J would ship people's property all over the world for free so is it the case that if you have paid up in advance, you can have your watch/crystal back (with or without AR) and if you haven't paid anything (like me!), can we kiss our watches goodbuy?

+1

I also can't see how he is going to return anything serviced for free.

At his last email to me (30th of July) he mentioned that the watch was at watchsmith's desk.

If this was a true fact then the watch might got serviced at some point around the second week of August.

Assuming the watch is serviced and me haven't paid in advance, I can't see a way to get it back.

Since there is no trust on him any more, I certainly wouldn't sent him any money without first receiving my watch back.

His only way would be to trust me and send me the serviced watch back, expecting me to send him his money afterwards.

Of course this scenario stands only if the watch is already serviced.

Would anyone be willing to send him money after receiving their watches / crystals serviced and in good condition?

List updated

Scotty

Pam 250 - Swiss 7753 + Lello datewheel + spare 2507750 case set for a bezel change. All confirmed as received by Jakub mid June, and has been due for sending back 3 times now.....last communication from him was 19/8, but it was an e.mail with a cut and paste from someone else, so not actually a personally typed response...

Caracarnj

Breitling MontBrilliant Datoras Whole Watch sent directly from Eurotimez in Early August

Windyzz

Navitimer

Fireman_Fred

Tag Link Chrono - Complete watch head

Sent Mid July. Received last email from Jakub saying it was ready on 20.08.08

Tazzman

BCE +new dw

Navitimer +new dw

Rolex gmt2

Porsche flat6

Gen Tissot

MB1

3 watches

Itseme 5/11

Breitling Bentley - Confirmation from Jakub that watch had been received in Poland - 18/Aug/08

Prof 4/11

1xUPO crystal

1xSOH crystal

Yacht_master

UPO - watchhead

Sent: 30/06/08

Last contact: 27/08/08

sulimblim

One PAM 089

Scoobs1971 8/11

DSN PAM088 case/crystal sent on 19th of August.

The last mail I got from J was from a previous order on the 9th of August.

RC42

1x 45mm Omega PO crystal

1x 42mm Omega PO crystal

1x Vacheron Constantin Overseas crystal

1x Audemars Piguet Royal Oak crystal

1x Rolex Submariner crystal

1x Rolex Sea-Dweller (pre SSD) crystal

Pam 192MEX

1 Ingy AMG Ti (head only), AR and Lelo switch DW - Sent watch on 01/Jun/08, Jakub confirmed would ship watch on 27/Aug/08

AndyHolmes

1 x PAM 177H (whole watch)

Olreon

1 X Pam217 saphire crystal

gruva

1 x PAM 250 - Swiss 7753 (whole watch) Since beginning of July.

Lewis123

1 X BCE V2 (watch without bracelet) Since end of july.

fivefive

1 X UPO - Whole Watch

therooster 5/11

1 x PAM250 with Lello DW (full watch)

1 x Chopard Mille Miglia Chrono PVD (full watch)

1 x Omega Speedmaster (crystal and case only)

1 x Chopard GMT Chrono (full watch)

1 x IWC Saint Exupery (full watch)

Sent out watches the second week of August. Never heard a thing since.

MB1

1 x Tag Carrera Blue dial (full watch, no bracelet)

1 x Tag Aquaracer white dial (full watch, no bracelet)

1 X IWC 3717 (full watch, No bracelet)

All three sent for date wheels and double AR

Sent mid July, last contact Aug 29th.

Addingwatch

1 x Pam 292

Sent mid July, last contact was Aug 29th.

trombone 10/11

1 x IWC Pilot Chrono 3717 + date wheels and double AR

Watcher

IWC Ingy crystal

Masterchief

IWC 3717 - movement swap

H-Unitas

Gen Tag Heuer

IWC CD 07

Hooky

1x 42mm Omega Seamaster sapphire

1x IWC Portuguese Chronograph

Nikos 1978

1 Corum Admirals Cup

1 IWC ingeniur

sariico

SMP Chrono sapphire - double AR already paid

bluerex

1 x PAM177H Sapphire crystal from DSN

Received by Jakub on 12/07/08

Last contact advising that AR is done on 12/08/08

Ptolomeo

Breitling for Bentley

Chanel J12

Corum Admiral's Cup

Sent: May/08

JamesG 4/11

AP MBK Royal Oak Offshore watch head & crystal

Originally sent June 2008, watch returned by Jakub in August 2008 with AR coat but chipped crystal. I returned to Jakub on 19 August 2008 who promised a new crystal.

Athan

1 x PAM111H, Sapphire crystal with Chinese AR coating from Angus

Sent: 25th of July 2008

sable

1 X UPO -Whole watch (without bracelet)

varock

1 X UPO -whole watch

1 X IWC3717-whole watch

both sent: early july.

last contact: mid-august.

Mickey Padge

1 X IWC titanium chronograph (w/o bracelet)

1 X Breitling Superocean Heritage (w/o bracelet)

Rassie 8/11

1 gmt2 ceramic. Send beginning of june, last contact beginning of july.

Slask111 6/11

User54 6/11

Stephane 7/11

Total 39 members

10/39 returned by 10/11

Damn ! That's a lot of watches/crystals still outstanding!! :o

BTW - Many thanks to Scotty for keeping the list going and keeping us informed :thumbsupsmileyanim: