When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is Jakub away?

scotty

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to have received a package from Poland too (they tried to deliver it but I wasn't home). I'm overseas at the moment, so can't confirm that it's from J until next week, when I return and can pick it up from the post office. But I'm hoping for the best. Maybe this is the end of it???

Ok, just returned from overseas and was able to check the package. Everything was returned: 4 full watches, 1 watch case and crystal, and a lello datewheel. Nothing was done to the watches of course. Will probably put some of these up for sale soon, as I had replaced some of them already... :rolleyes:

Hope everyone else gets their stuff back too!! I'm sure it's just a question of time.

I'm amazed that J is sending all this stuff back without asking for the price of the shipping.... :huh:

Ha! If he only tried to ask me for shipping costs, I could think of a very good place where I would stick that money. And it's not his bank account, that's for sure!

Look, I always had the feeling that Jakub wasn't going to scam anyone and must have had some trouble. And I still feel that he'll come through with everyone's belongings. Probably first the ones that are easy to send back (i.e. the ones received recently, still packaged, or where no work was done), and then later the ones that are more complicated (i.e. the ones that were with the watchmaker, need payment, etc). It's just a question of time, I am sure. While I agree that anyone who had their AR done should still pay for it, I don't see why I have to give him a cent for basically letting him hold on to my stuff for 3 months. Returning my watches for free is a first step towards making amends. The second would be a public apology and explanation on this forum.

Today I received my IWC Portuguese Chrono back from Jakub. No work has been done.

a single sapphire crystal that I sent is still missing though, but i informed Jakub about that.

Maybe one day someone can shed some light on what problems Jakub exactly had.

Another one home.

That's 11 returns to 39 members missing items.

Hooky - when you say you informed Jakub over the missing crystal, how did you do that? E.mail to the ARcoatings gmail address?

Did you get a reply?

No-one seems to have received any e.mail or communication from J. I'm not even sure he's still looking at that gmail account....

Fingers crossed that we a lot more returns to list next week......

Another one home.

That's 11 returns to 39 members missing items.

Hooky - when you say you informed Jakub over the missing crystal, how did you do that? E.mail to the ARcoatings gmail address?

Did you get a reply?

No-one seems to have received any e.mail or communication from J. I'm not even sure he's still looking at that gmail account....

Fingers crossed that we a lot more returns to list next week......

Scotty- I just sent Jakub an email to his ARcoatings@gmail.com address. I am sure he will read that, also for administration, but does reply for unknown reasons.

The parce to me was sent on the end of October....

Well - if he'd sent everything at the same time, there should be more reports of returns.

I don't see any pattern to what's been returned - like last received items, or first received items, or rystals only, or watch only.

Seems random.

Here's hoping that more items turn up this week.....mine included :hammer::please:

Well - if he'd sent everything at the same time, there should be more reports of returns.

I don't see any pattern to what's been returned - like last received items, or first received items, or rystals only, or watch only.

Seems random.

Here's hoping that more items turn up this week.....mine included :hammer::please:

I check my mail every day - willing a parcel to appear from Poland....... :(

I don't see any pattern to what's been returned

They're all items he hadn't touched yet...

Jakub, I believe, never went in to this with the intention of scamming anyone - and by "scam" I mean steal property. He did plenty of lying and misrepresenting, but I digress. Anyhow, from what I've been told, he ran in to trouble and, for whatever the reasons might be, is unable to resolve the problems... So the chances are that he's finally just returning those pieces that he'd never begun working on in the first place while still trying to find a means to return the others in usable condition.

Cross your fingers and hope for the best.

I'd have to agree with Chief. My guess is that he ran up a tab with the AR company that he couldn't cover and possibly they have kept his crystals until payment is made. That would explain why we are only seeing untouched stuff returned. Just a theory though, and I hope everyone gets their stuff back.

I'd have to agree with Chief. My guess is that he ran up a tab with the AR company that he couldn't cover and possibly they have kept his crystals until payment is made. That would explain why we are only seeing untouched stuff returned. Just a theory though, and I hope everyone gets their stuff back.

I totally agree with you and Chief. The last email I got from Jakub said that my watch was ready to ship, which I am assuming means that the AR had been done. Mine is one of those not returned and I have not been contacted to ask for payment.

If J will just return my watch, I will happily pay for any work done. I just want my watch back !!!! :angry:

All very nice and totally away from the point.

Anyone have anything new to add re returns or communications?

Unfortunately, I don't think it is "away from the point". The point Chief made is that it appears J has returned (or still is returning) watches/crystals that have not had any work done to them.

There is now the real possibility that those of us that have watches that work WAS completed (before it all went [censored] up for J), will not get our property back... :huh:

Fred:

He was referring to some racist [censored] that was set invisible...

TT

Apologies to Scotty for the misunderstanding ! ;)