When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally moved in to school!

llsteve80

I moved in on monday, 4 days earlier than most people since I'm in the honors program. Tomorrow everyone else moves in. Watching them set up the tents and stuff for opening day right now. The dorm is a little smaller than I'm used to and I'll have a room mate but he's cool so no problem.

As much as I've always regretted not going to college right away like everyone else, it really feels great to finally be here and see it as a reality. My brother is here too, just down the street and he pretty much doubles as one of my best friends so thats cool too.

Heres a pic of my desk, got my laptop only, left the desktop behind, but i did bring my 22" monitor to watch tv on. Nothing really to do with the wires except make something that looks like a bird's nest so that might drive me nuts but hey, thats life.

DSCN0786.jpg

View's not too shabby:

DSCN0788.jpg

DSCN0787.jpg

Wish me luck guys and I'll still be here even though I'm not buying any new watches for a while

Thanks fellas

Dani, yes, college girls....all over me and thats the smart ones that are in honors....can't wait for the normal crowd to get here!!! you should see the pictures they sent me of how thier bra/bikini/pajamas/ mix with their room/carpet/computer/fridge/excuse to send me that kind of pic/window/socks...haha.

Shundi, here I get to register for classes 2 weeks early with the honors program, so no worry about if the class is full or not. Plus I'm already asking about being a housing leader and that would make the room fee free for me. Never say no to money, right? Already spent some time with the asst director of honors and the guy pretty much loved me. I'm going to tutor grade school kids on the side for the honors program to boost my honors resume and next year should be free living.

And porsche, with that flawless deal we had, I consider us friends, and yes, co-ed, so 18-19yr old girls running around like mad asking me for apple 'tinis. Do you know why 18 is legal? It's because IT'S OK!!! Floor leader is 22 though, and I'm say 85% sure that the 1st sleepover.

As for the other stuff, ya I'll get a 3.2 or better avg and stay in honors. And I will not try to corrupt too many of the finer young ladies. Just the finEST you would do the same so no talkin smack.

But really, finally doing this has been a dream for so long, ever since I've regretted what I did with high school. This is a second chance for me and I can use my wit to pursue something more than "schooling" the guy next to me. Yes, I'm in a dorm, not very adult, but it takes away from the distraction of being an adult and will let me get back in to the swing of things after a 10yr hiatus. I can focus on school and show the genius I always knew I had. I will totally and unabashedly bawl my eyes out when that diploma gets placed in my hand. And to have the potential of an honors designation on it makes it even more surreal. This is what I've always wanted, and I am glad it's finally here before I really am too old for it.

And I am currently majoring in geology, so I can work outside with the environment. I may decide to switch to anthropology and get a masters in paleontology, or even move to U of I where I can major in astronomy. We will see. I've had plenty of time to think and nothing to lose, I realize that i can do WHATEVER I want for the rest of my life, so I need a little time and experience to explore the possibilities. [censored] the money, I want to be content and love my life. That is why I'm here.

Thanks for reading, whoever got thru it all.....

Steve

I can handle the younger crowd, but the funny thing is my family. They missed out on the "sending the kid to school" thing, and they are busting in with it now. Gramma sent me pillows and towels, dad bought me a laptop, stepmom got me paper, folders, pens, etc, and mom interrogated me about the B&B on my desk. So if my goal was to feel 18 again, now is the time. I didn't ask anyone for anything, so the help was unexpected yet totally appreciated. I guess I'm not too old to make people proud.

Haha, first thing I set up in my room: laptop and a 22 inch samsung tv.

Looks good!

PS I highly recommend a mini fridge and a PS2 or 3. Whther you're 18 or 40, they are always well received :lol:

I don't play video games but we'll see. Fridge came with the room so thats taken care of. I thought my tv was 22, but i think its 19. my brother has a 22 and it is def bigger.

I don't play video games but we'll see. Fridge came with the room so thats taken care of. I thought my tv was 22, but i think its 19. my brother has a 22 and it is def bigger.

Haha, I just checked. Mine's 19 too. But my housemates and I upgraded to a 32 for the living room next year.

Who said we need to work :lol:

A big congrats from me. Not only do I think you will have a lot of satisfaction from this experience, I know you will excell.

Great room and wonderful view to boot.

All the best in the coming year, keep your mind on your studies, not the bouncing 18 year olds...

RG

Thanks The Zigmeister, means alot.

You can get an education any time. The window of opportunity on the bouncing 18 year olds is closing fast. And it never will return.

I think I will have to make a delicate balance of both of your statements..... :p

I think if i did that it would be a bit like the old school film crossed with Animal house

Ha! I've watched both of those this week.

B&B, my fave cognac concoction. Benedictine and brandy mmmm. It was a gift from me to me.

One of my favorites too ... was always my last drink of the evening. Until I found Grand Marnier 150th Anniversary ... But that's not really on a college student's budget ... :o

My first drink of the evening ... Aha Toro Anejo .... a great tequila is a beautiful thing .... :Jumpy:

Good luck with your studies ... FWIW ... here's a piece of advice I wish someone had given me .... treat it like a job ... 8-5 M-F is all about school ... evenings and weekends are all about you!

Sure you will "work" late sometimes and have a sick day or two, but don't spend all your afternoons when you have class shootin' hoops and find you can't go have fun on the weekend because you have a paper due.

Glad to see another college-student overhere!

Congrats man!

Being in college to me is so far the best part of my life... You take lessons, then you come home, you study a couple of hours, then you go out and get back to college... (At least in the EU)

Fantastic! And indeed, you need to keep a balance when we're talking about the ladies! But damn that's hard!

Good luck with the upcoming year, I'm in my 2nd year now, but have to redo some exams...

Kind regards!

(sorry if my english isn't that good)

One of my favorites too ... was always my last drink of the evening. Until I found Grand Marnier 150th Anniversary ... But that's not really on a college student's budget ... :o

My first drink of the evening ... Aha Toro Anejo .... a great tequila is a beautiful thing .... :Jumpy:

Good luck with your studies ... FWIW ... here's a piece of advice I wish someone had given me .... treat it like a job ... 8-5 M-F is all about school ... evenings and weekends are all about you!

Sure you will "work" late sometimes and have a sick day or two, but don't spend all your afternoons when you have class shootin' hoops and find you can't go have fun on the weekend because you have a paper due.

that's the way I look at it too, great advice nonetheless.... I should pin that on my door.

Glad to see another college-student overhere!

Congrats man!

Being in college to me is so far the best part of my life... You take lessons, then you come home, you study a couple of hours, then you go out and get back to college... (At least in the EU)

Fantastic! And indeed, you need to keep a balance when we're talking about the ladies! But damn that's hard!

Good luck with the upcoming year, I'm in my 2nd year now, but have to redo some exams...

Kind regards!

(sorry if my english isn't that good)

Your english is fine, good luck to you too. What are you majoring in?

that's the way I look at it too, great advice nonetheless.... I should pin that on my door.

Your english is fine, good luck to you too. What are you majoring in?

I'm studying "real estate", I think it's very interesting... After that I'll probably try my bachelor for "insurances"

good luck! Monday I have my next examination!