When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A gen Patek...

amexus

Hi all...!

a few days ago my grandma gave a present to me: the "old" watch my grandfather was wearing. What a surprise to me when I saw it is a Patek.

I know for sure that this is a gen one. I searched the web, but could not find exactly this model with this dial and strap.

So anyone knows which model this is and what the value of this beauty is? Thank you for your help and enjoy the pics.....

post-9898-1219338251_thumb.png

post-9898-1219338272_thumb.png

post-9898-1219338301_thumb.png

You have to open the caseback and write down the movement and case numbers. Send those to Marguerite at PP and you can get registered, after which they send you the full size complete catalogue and subscribe you for free to the PP magazine.

That's what I done did.

By the way, nice watch!! These old Pateks have a mesmerizing history. Congratulations.

Beautiful watch! I think the other members have good insight as far as tracking down the model/reference number. As far as price, I can add that 'dealer price' on similar vintage PP with no sub-second hand is around $5K. So retail would be more (obviously). Subsecond models command slightly more and of course the numbers get heavier with their complications.

Congratulations on the spectacular heirloom!

It looks a bit similar to the 2501 model, exept the case and dial are a bit different.

If it's a 18 kt gold case and you can have the watch opened (please let a qualified watchmaker do this if you are not familiar with it) and see a movement as in the thumbnails attached from the following site, expect its worth at least to be above 5000 USD. The movement is probably a 10-200 from PP.

http://www.watchlover.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=998

Let us know..

Regards,

Lewis.

thank you all for your input and gratulations...

my grandmother just married the second time with age 83!!! I got that watch as a present for helping her with the celebration (day). She is gorgeous... She is 83 and is so agile, playing golf with handicap 24 and driving porsche!! Thanks guys and I am happy that I could give you some nice shots of this one. Maybe one day I will take that watch to an AD. But I think I will try to save some money for the future to get a beautiful gen that I can handle over to my child if I will have a kid in the future and I am at the "end" of my way. Until then I

From a bit of a PP perve (I have 3), that is one pretty watch.

If it is 18k it is most probably a #3606, although that one came with a mesh bracelet.

There could have been other options obviously.

Cooksey & Shugart, list the #3606 @$4-$6.5k (mint)

However the value of that watch to you...is PRICELESS!

Do NOT think of selling it, but if you must, I would like 1st dibs.

As others have said, get a pro to remove the caseback, and you will get the info you want.

Then a real value can be established...all the above is just summation.

Offshore

You have to open the caseback and write down the movement and case numbers. Send those to Marguerite at PP and you can get registered, after which they send you the full size complete catalogue and subscribe you for free to the PP magazine.

That's what I done did.

By the way, nice watch!! These old Pateks have a mesmerizing history. Congratulations.

I did so as well but I never got the catalogue and the free PP magazine...however I paid them to send me the certificate of authenticity...

but I've found out that I have one nice Calatrava that was made in the first year of their production and if I remember well it was the 1936!