When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A little MBW Love...

Guest carlsbadrolex

Guest carlsbadrolex

A friend asked me to drill some lug holes, clean up some earlier work and reset the hands on this watch, touch up the dial where some black had come off around the edges and re-work the case back.

I forgot how much fun it was to play with the MBW's...

IMHO, a little rough play, some bleach on the bezel insert and a disappearing act with the pearl and she would be nice.

The owner has a gen bracelet planned for it as well as a 2846-2 transplant as soon as I can source them without having to offer one of his legs as partial payment.

dscn1279nr0.jpg

dscn1279nr0.f5bdb933fe.jpg

dscn1280ee2.jpg

dscn1280ee2.24ed7acfbc.jpg

dscn1280ee2.jpg

dscn1280ee2.24ed7acfbc.jpg

dscn1282mn5.jpg

dscn1282mn5.56f8fdba96.jpg

dscn1289cl1.jpg

dscn1289cl1.e28eb36ce0.jpg

dscn1291hp3.jpg

dscn1291hp3.252b005ee8.jpg

dscn1293ha2.jpg

dscn1293ha2.7298ccc7d0.jpg

Guest carlsbadrolex

Yes they can be waterproofed. The HEV is purely cosmetic and the gaskets can/ have been greased on this watch. I dont have a machine to test it, but Im would be willing to have it tested.

T

@T

Interestingly enough, the HEV on my old MBW is fully functional, and watertight. This is one Maria built for me 11 years ago, delivered by the "original" Scotty.

valve.jpg

Guest carlsbadrolex

Are you guys serious? The HEV on this particular MBW is really nothing more than a hole drilled (part way through the case from the outside) and a post put in the hole to look like the valve. There is no sign of the HEV on the inside of the case...

Are there "different" MBW DRSD's?

Are you guys serious? The HEV on this particular MBW is really nothing more than a hole drilled (part way through the case from the outside) and a post put in the hole to look like the valve....

Even worse.. its just basicly a deep engraving on the outside of the case :(

@CBR

There are indeed different MBWs. Mine has a HEV that looks like the one in the open-case photo in Stephane's tutorial. It has a separate spring holding the pin in its hole in the case... it came that way.