When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

t-crowns.. review and photos and comparison with gen

V

I got today my t crowns.. he was kind enough to send me 2 ss (1,2 and 0,9) and 2 titanium (same).

First of all we should thank him for the effort he has put into all this..

Quality: The quality and finish of the crowns is amazing.. Best I've ever seen... Of course in the titanium ones he has used real titanium and they are lighter than the ss.

Fitting: Checked all his crowns and they do fit PERFECT with a Joshua rep case and also fit PERFECT with a 1:1 V cg.. No need to trim the lever which means that the inside of the crown is exactly the same as the genuine crown.

Comments:

Well 't' put by mistake a Rep crown on the ones he sent me...

The rep crown has beveled edges (I don't know how to explain it so check the images) hence it looked a bit closer to the genuine because of that but it was thinner than the other ones.

Here are the comparison photos.. Don't pay attention to my fingers :p

Gen crown:

dsc03221wr4.jpg

T-crown automatic on Joshua case:

dsc03228sq3.jpg

Standard REP crown on Joshua case:

dsc03220yr8.jpg

T-crown Automatic SS on the left - REP crown on the right:

dsc03225oo8.jpg

T-crown Automatic SS on the left Titanium automatic on the right:

dsc03226cg6.jpg

And here is what I mean about the difference in the edges:

dsc032252vj1.jpg

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i have send you a wrong rep crown :D

sorry for this guys.... all my crowns are absolute the same... only minimal difference between SS and Titanium... but no difference between manual SS and auto SS

:)

here pictures of 1.2 and 0.9 crown side by side

T-crowns004.jpg

T-crowns001.jpg

T-crowns008.jpg

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i have send you a wrong rep crown :D

sorry for this guys.... all my crowns are absolute the same... only minimal difference between SS and Titanium... but no difference between manual SS and auto SS

:)

Ok.. I will edit my post accordingly... The rep crown you sent me was the best I have ever seen, but still it was thinner than the gen and the t-crown.

Ok.. I will edit my post accordingly... The rep crown you sent me was the best I have ever seen, but still it was thinner than the gen and the t-crown.

maybe the rep crown is good quality... but what is the use anyhow?... if this comes with a demaged steel case with "titanium" engravings :bangin:

i have pay $100 for this rep case :yuk: ... and it is now in my closet

A very nice and close up review.

Is it just the picture angle the t crown looks quite deviated from the gen. The teeth are not as deep and sharp as the gen., making the beveled edge of the crown almost looks rounded off. Does it have the same number of teeth as in the gen.?

Sorry can I ask a question? I am not a crown expert.. Are there two genuine crown versions one with 48 and one with 60 teeth?

The T-crowns have 60 teeth as T said.

No the gen has allways 60 teeth, sorry I irritted you. But the rep crown that gave the dimensions for the functional part with the rep tube/case/CG was 48 teeth. The gen crown you see on my comparison fotos gave most of the aestheticaly important external dimensions for the T-crown.

No the gen has allways 60 teeth, sorry I irritted you. But the rep crown that gave the dimensions for the functional part with the rep tube/case/CG was 48 teeth. The gen crown you see on my comparison fotos gave most of the aestheticaly important external dimensions for the T-crown.

Yeap now that you say it like this it makes better sense to me :)

So I tried and installed the stem. I found that the correct depth for winding the stem into the crown is just 1 to 1 1/2 turns from the inner end of the stem thread.

Please forgive my poor English understanding. Do you mean that the stem should get almost entirely screwed in?

Do you know if this crwon will fit a DSN 088

I doubt it. DSN crown and case tubes are quite peculiar in diameter.

But my t-crowns already are on their way to me, and I'll try one of them on my DSN 104 -- same case as DSN 088.

Just, I'll be able to test it only on early September due to incoming holiday time.

Gen crown:

dsc03221wr4.jpg

Standard REP crown on Joshua case:

dsc03220yr8.jpg

Maybe I'm not following correctly, but are you saying the top pic above is gen and the bottom pic above is standard rep? If so, I think they look pretty close...closer than your t crown picture below to my eye...

T-crown automatic on Joshua case:

dsc03228sq3.jpg

What am I missing? Or is it slightly different focal lengths and angles of photos?

on pictures all looks a bit different.. but when you install the crowns on your watch you will know it.

The rep crown looks good on this pictures... but it has only 48 teeths and the genuine is with 60. The rep crown looks very thinn when you have it on your watch and the T-crown looks thicker and more solid. It is only a 0.1 - 0.2mm difference between the rep and T-crown but you will see a big difference when both installed on your watch.

Let

1.) all unitas 6497 ( small secont at 9 ) and 6498 ( small second at 6 )

the stem have 1,2mm thread for the crown.

you have to use the t-crown for 1,2mm stem.

2.) in the asia valjoux 7750 with 21.600bph or 28.800 bph

are stems with 0,9mm thread for the crowns.

earlier the gen 7750 and 7753 had always 0,9mm stems.

for some years the gen 7750 and 7753 have 1,2mm stems.

for the asia 7750 you can use a t-crown for 1,2mm stem, then you have to buy a new 1,2mm stem.

i use always 1,2mm stems for valjoux movements, 0,9mm stem can break easier.

3.) all asia and gen 2824, 2836, 2892, 2893 have only 0,9mm thread stem.

here you have to use only t-crowns with 0,9mm thread.

4.) all asia auto movements have 0,9mm stem threads, = 0,9mm t-crowns

rolf