When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Staggering Ebay auction

Nanuq

Nothing surprises me anymore my Alaskan chum, not even the Spanish Inquisition :D

I was actually following a listing a few weeks back of an almost identical 6542 bezel/insert, except the bakelite was in better condition than this one.

You want to know the final price? $23,000. I guess someone thinks (probably correct too) that he'll add that and much more on to the value of his 6542 with a complete and original bezel. I expect this one will fetch around the same. Insanity, but that is practically the motto of the vintage Rolex market these days

WOW. what a disgusting amount of money to pay for a piece of rolex history, do the people that bid on these things not understand the good that money could bring to those not as fortunate?

It is a small bit of Bakelite. People are real and breathe.

My 2 quid.

Be lucky @ll :)

How much is a whole 6542 worth?

I was at one of my used watch dealers stores a few months ago and he pulled an old GMT out of the case for me. It had a rare chocolate dial. The chocolate dial on the GMT apparently is more rare than on a sub. He told me he had been offered $25k for it but wouldn't take less than $40k. I said it's nice but let me try on the gold yachtie again.......... :p

Check out #190244131097. over $750 already. Just a few years ago I bought and sold one of these for around $200. Things have gone up.

WOW. what a disgusting amount of money to pay for a piece of rolex history, do the people that bid on these things not understand the good that money could bring to those not as fortunate?

Steady on, old chap! It's not like he burned the money while laughing at weeping orphans. :p

Disgusting? What business is it of anyone's how they spend their spare money?