When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ITALY WINS WORLD CUP!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to all of our Italian friends.... and our French friends have much, much to be proud of as well.

Zindane was outfoxed to have lost his cool in such a way during an otherwise meaningless moment of the match. But for France to head into the final minutes of overtime and the shootout with Zidane, Henry, or Riberet? And to put it all on the shoulders of Barthez?? They were screwed going into the shootout.

I, for the first time in a long time didn't really care who won.

Italy, for there past disasters being put out of the last 3 world cups is dreadfull circumstances, especially against SK in the last one, cos that was just outrageous.

However, France for Zidane, without doubt the greates player of MY generation (swiftly followed by Maldini) what a fitting end it could have been for him to retire with the World Cup in his grasp.

So I amn't too bothered.

Highlights:

Penalty was DEFINATELY a penalty.

Good Goal by Materazzi, but Barthez is a Donkey.

Italy had the best of the first half.

France had the best of the second half.

About 15 mins into the second half Italy became Boring Boring Italy and played with the team bus in front of the goal, no more interested in attacking than fly in the air.

Toni's goal was JUST and I mean JUST offside.

The tackle on Malouda WAS DEFINATELY another penalty, no if's, but's, or maybe's, and ABSOLUTE Stone Wall Penalty.

Domenech showed that he was not the one running the team, all teamtalks were lead by ZZ and NO input from Domenech AT ALL.

Domenech BLEW IT by taking off Henry, he should have left him on, at least for a penalty, Ribery Shouldn't have come off either.

Lippi Should have Brought on Del Piero earlier, but hey they won so you can't really critiscise lol.

All in all a decent game but I feel for the losers. Defintaely seen better games in the WC, but HEy it's the final what do you expect?

Last but not least ZZ -

All I can say is that if you look at it Materazzi and ZZ are having an exchange of words, which ZZ doesn't seem bothered about, and even shrugs it off with a smile, then Materazzi says something else, as ZZ is walking away, about 3 feet away, which must have been totally and utterly out of order, and Materazzi is quite lucky that ZZ didn't turn round and knock him clean out.

I am not condoning the actions of ZZ but I really wanna know what was said to rile him so much. As for the decisioon to send him off, ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON, just a shame that neither the Ref or the linesman had a clue about what happened until Gigi nipped over and let the linesman know.

I hate when officials haven't got a clue what's going on and then merely react to what is said by players. To be honest exactly the same happened with Rooney's red card as well, but I don't like him so good riddence lol.

Shame to see uch an amazing footballer disgrace his own memory by blowing up like that, but hey maybe he has a career in bull fighting (as the bull) or Ice hockey lol.

As a post script.........it's just been announced that Zidane has been awarded the Golden Ball (Player of the tournament). :blink:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/w...006/5154248.stm

So what does that say?

JTB

It says "we know you are retiring, so what's the point in muddying your reputation any more than you have done already".

Oh, and JTB - I've heard a wee rumour about Zidane's future plans.....

As a post script.........it's just been announced that Zidane has been awarded the Golden Ball (Player of the tournament). :blink:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/w...006/5154248.stm

So what does that say?

JTB

Voting was done at half time.

Yeah, but I heard it a month ago, from the same person that told me P Le G was going to be the Huns' manager, a year before it was announced....

Anyway, I reckon Zizou passed the interview last night...

Edited by r11co

You obviously never followed the link Rico!

Anyways, moving on..................From the BBC:

Sources in France say it is believed Materazzi insulted Zidane's mother.

And for this...........I would have nutted him also........but it would have been the Glasgow variety!

I would have spread his already bent nose all over his face.

JTB

The penalty of France was a 'joke' not a penalty...

All the world is laughing at the decision.

The second tackle one to Malouda could have been given but with such a HORRIBLE mistake like the first penalty the referee was smart enough not to give it.

The Toni's goal was a bit offside. Nobody would have said anything to the linesman though if he has left the ball to play.

Linesmans are not tv cameras.

I am not gonna say anything for Zidane. What he did was so stupid cannot be described with words.

You obviously never followed the link Rico!

I did. I thought you were inferring you knew where he would be training for his 'leesonce'.

Anyhoo..

Sources in France say it is believed Materazzi insulted Zidane's mother.

Hearsay! Sources in France are about as partial as you can get WRT this incident. I heard that Materazzi said Zidane's mother was a hamster and his father smelled of elderberries, then he farted in Zidane's general direction.

;)

Edited by r11co

Anyhoo..

Hearsay! Sources in France are about as partial as you can get WRT this incident. I heard that Materazzi said Zidane's mother was a hamster and his father smelled of elderberries, then he farted in Zidane's general direction.

;)

No matter.......he deserved to walk the walk. Now where did you say the family shop was? Freebies all round this week? ;)

JTB

From the news.............

Police in Berlin have arrested two men suspected of planting nine footballs filled with concrete across the city, each with a message in English challenging passers-by: "Can u kick it?" Three people gave it their best shot and immediately wished they hadn't bothered.

Ouch!

JTB

:3a::thumbsupsmileyanim:

24hours of totally confusion :Jumpy:

GREAT ITALY

now we have four stars in national shirt :group:

I remember how it was for the '82 final, and I'm sorry I'm taking my holidays late this year or I would have been in Italy for this final. I did wake half the neighbourhood singing 'Fratelli D'Italia......' at 1 in the morning coming home from the pub last night...