When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Urgent - T crowns... please read - Urgent

t

v.... it's very simple to see and to count it from the picture.

otherwise you can zoom it with photoshop.

the visible part of the crown has 18 teeth.

that means, 19 on top and 19 down = 38, the teeth behind the crown-guard left and right are not so much.

that means this crown has 48 teeth.

rolli

ok.. fair enough... so TH what photo shows a pam with 52 teeth?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As hard as it is to believe that anyone would CNC 700 crowns without having 1 gen in hand first, I'm not going to worry about it. @ 5x with 2 crowns jammed up side by side it's a problem. On a watch, on the the wrist this is no problem at all. Folks notice the thickness first--if they notice anything at all.

The most important takeaway from this thread is that too many RWGers have forgotten that 0% of reps or rep parts can stack up to gen @ 10X magnification.

Read the quotes from UJ and you see you are wrong about that...

1. ...I've taken a pic that I hope may help. Top is an auto, bottom left is an A (series) HW, bottom right is a B (series) HW. BTW, I really don't care how many teeth they have so long as it fits properly.

2. ...Removed a CG from an A and also got 48...

and conratulations being able to see from photos how many teeth exactly the crowns have. Because me the retarded I couldn't count properly the one i have in front of me. :rolleyes:

Look, it wasn't in my intention to insult you and if I did I apologize for that. You are not retarded. :)

This is a picture with all the crowns from the link on last page. There are exactly 17 red points on each of the 2 crowns on the left all on top of a tooth. You decide.. FOR YOURSELF..

lol2ro3.png

Attachement is the same as pictured above but in bmp format.

lol2.bmp

Edited by Tom Hawkes

TH... we know that already.

but fact is that nobody and especially the 60 teeth assertor didn't check this by this method.

rolli

Look, it wasn't in my intention to insult you and if I did I apologize for that. You are not retarded. :)

This is a picture with all the crowns from the link on last page. There are exactly 17 red points on each of the 2 crowns on the left all on top of a tooth. You decide..

lol2ro3.png

Attachement is the same as pictured above but in bmp format.

we all know that there are different crowns shapes, but the question was before t started the crown order, how many teeth.

rolli

I am not sure that I understood "but fact is that nobody and especially the 60 teeth assertor didn't check by this method." completely but my point is not that the 60t might be correct. My point is just that there are different crowns..

We can go argueing forever. We have no proof of which of the pictured crowns are "genuine". We actually even lack a common/shared definition of "genuine crown".

What about leaving this issue to a future time, when -- hopely -- we would have gathered more info, and welcoming next t48 crowns in the meanwhile?

(btw, also the t60 are all but bad)

As hard as it is to believe that anyone would CNC 700 crowns without having 1 gen in hand first, I'm not going to worry about it. @ 5x with 2 crowns jammed up side by side it's a problem. On a watch, on the the wrist this is no problem at all. Folks notice the thickness first--if they notice anything at all.

The most important takeaway from this thread is that too many RWGers have forgotten that 0% of reps or rep parts can stack up to gen @ 10X magnification.

Dude

check this topic... 158 replies and 2.750 views... still we have not the correct answer about the teeths :D

so i am not the only poor guy here :p

BTW, i had a genuine crown as sample... but we won

I dun know what the fuss is about here...

T has made the T60 crowns... and he is going to make the T48 crowns as a second run...

Just take your pick on what you prefer....

T60 crown looks great in my opinion... No AD or Paneristi is going to go around counting teeth on PAM crowns to spot a rep...

TH... we know that already.

but fact is that nobody and especially the 60 teeth assertor didn't check this by this method.

rolli

Whoever the 60 teeth assertor is, I guess he didn't check "by this method." But then again, I bet he probably wouldn't have written a check to a CNC shop without personally counting the teeth on a gen crown either, especially if he had one in hand. I agree w/ T. This is a communal mistake not the mistake of any single assertor.

Do any of our teethcounters have a gen A series auto in their collections along side their lonely Base? I'd love it if someone who has one would count the teeth. That way we can be sure that those ebay crowns are fake.

In any event, I'll repeat my original point: There has never been an RWG project--date wheel overlay, date wheel, crown, CG, anything--that can stand up to gen at 10X magnification. But all are big improvements over the rep. I'll happily buy a couple of T's 60 teeth crowns and never worry a second.

Hey!

I made the drawings ;)

The crown looked fine to me and I didn't question the number of teeth, cuz I thought whatever was given to me was correct

Updated drawings with 48 teeth are re-sent, and I'm sure that's right too... but I want everyone to check the chamfered edges to make sure they're happy first ;)

No offense intended, you did a great job on the CAD work. I thought the crown was 60 teeth as well, just like many others around here and we followed that specification instead of counting them. However, we had to find out that we were slightly off, only 12 teeth, not much. Just 25% more than the gen :bangin: