When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Urgent - T crowns... please read - Urgent

t

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well here is my 411 on the crown teeth count. I have a gen PVD auto crown and the only auto that is PVD is the 28A and B series. This crown has 52 teeth on it and you can count the teeth on it to verify as well. I originally thought I counted 54 but after recounting it I see that it is indeed 52.

So I apologize for saying 54 teeth when I clearly see 52.

crown100crop.jpg

IMG_6046.jpg

IMG_6047.jpg

[censored] happens

hundret experts here but none noticed the 48 teeths :rofl:

i have notice this mistake today. Some friends told me... i should not make anything public before someone else have notice this mistake because i would loose all my money... but i will not scam my friends here on RWG... i know the most guys since many years and have a good reputation here.... i can loose my money BUT I WILL NEVER LOOSE ME "REPUTATION"... so I have made this mistake public -_-

but we should look ahead!

sure i have lost a lot of $$$$$... but this is my risk as seller. Should they have the correct 48 teeths i would make a good deal... should anything goes wrong i will loose some thousands $$$$$ <_< ... that

i think the guys with the fake gen turkey crowns they wrote the crown need 60 teeth.

rolli

rolli

we should not blame one guy

we all have 2 eyes... and one of us would have notice this mistake.

I think many of us made a mistake... me too.

i am the seller... so i have the biggest guiltiness

Well here is my 411 on the crown teeth count. I have a gen PVD auto crown and the only auto that is PVD is the 28A and B series. This crown has 52 teeth on it and you can count the teeth on it to verify as well. I originally thought I counted 54 but after recounting it I see that it is indeed 52.

So I apologize for saying 54 teeth when I clearly see 52.

I reposted this in your comparison 000 thread.. The package is from a cg 'lever'!!! It has a MX code which means it is an H series cg lever.. Earlier A-E series levers had PAV code...

Did you got that crown in this package? How sure you are it is gen?

Looking at the photo below the T crown is obviously visually nothing like the gen.

I think it is awesome that he is doing the project.

I guess if I was investing time and money in something like this I would already have the image of the gen crowns so burned in my head that maybe they would be off by a few teeth but they would at least look the same.

It is just like DSN. He makes custom dials that to anyone with an eye are just trash. Why get into the custom dial business at all if you do not have that eye.

Did you see a prototype before you let them run off 750 of these?

I am sorry about the wasted time but it is refreshing that you are willing to get it right and I will certainly purchase one when they are ready.

I would love to learn which models have 60 teeth IF ANY.. Pre-V though have 48 as rolli showed us in the blueprints so it didn't changed through time..

I think there is a visual difference as you can see from the following photo...

Left t crown correct thickness less teeth and right rep crown correct teeth but too thin...

dsc03225oo8.jpg

Sh*t does indeed happen on projects like this - especially if it's not 1:1 copying as with V's CG or Jimmy's parts etc.

But respect and kudos to T for finding the solution and being upfront about it.

I'm sure these will be known as the T-60 Crown and become legend in a few years!!!

I look forward to the T-48 Crown with high expectations based on the quality of the T-60!!

Cheers

FGD

T had no possibility to compare a first sample to a gen before the full run of 750 was done, he had to rely on the drawings and infos that came from us.

This went awfully wrong, so many fellows here were convinced that the gen crown had to have 60 teeth that no one of us actually counted them until T told us about it.

He could just have kept quiet and no one would have counted them until 2010. Instead he came up with this info and offered right away to do a second run of correct 1:1 crowns.

Allready the first production run is now the best aftermarket crown available. So let

Edited by Fish

Sh*t does indeed happen on projects like this - especially if it's not 1:1 copying as with V's CG or Jimmy's parts etc.

But respect and kudos to T for finding the solution and being upfront about it.

I'm sure these will be known as the T-60 Crown and become legend in a few years!!!

I look forward to the T-48 Crown with high expectations based on the quality of the T-60!!

Cheers

FGD

So your Panerai is a gen? BAH! So what? My crown has more teeth so I win! :1a:

I

Edited by Fish

I got home from work about an hour ago to find my T-60 (I like that name fishgo :D ) crowns in the mailbox. I can confirm that the quality is first rate and the fit on a standard rep case w/ V CG is perfect.

It's a nice improvement over the stock rep crown and I'll leave it on until T produces (if he decides to) the run of T-48 crowns.

Again...Excellent work T...Thanks!!

Looking at the photo below the T crown is obviously visually nothing like the gen.

I think it is awesome that he is doing the project.

I guess if I was investing time and money in something like this I would already have the image of the gen crowns so burned in my head that maybe they would be off by a few teeth but they would at least look the same.

It is just like DSN. He makes custom dials that to anyone with an eye are just trash. Why get into the custom dial business at all if you do not have that eye.

Did you see a prototype before you let them run off 750 of these?

I am sorry about the wasted time but it is refreshing that you are willing to get it right and I will certainly purchase one when they are ready.

we have check all... the thickness... if it will fit the tupe... etc etc etc

but we have never check the teeths... all people told they are 60... and none of RGW members told anything about 48 theets.

interesting is that NONE have notice this mistake until i made it public today... would i not made it public... probably never anyone would check this mistake :o

we have build this crowns with help of D3 drawings... and not with help of a genuine as sample... WE HAVE NOT COPY the genuine crown... so a sample of genuine crown wouldn

Very sad to read this thread and I feel for you t but personally I love the new '60' crown and it now sits happily on my DSN 111h with my V cg and it is good enough for me and a vast improvement over the DSN 'crapcrown'.

If you do produce the 48 version then I might buy another from you but as another member said, I will pay full price rather than exchange my 60 model! It was not really your fault. B)

Just looking through my imageshack file and found this piccie I took last year of my 112G and 111F crown to crown and I think this pic clearly shows only 48 teeth on both series.

pan1110099rz.jpg

T - don't beat yourself up over this - you have acted honourably. Not many people will put their money where their mouth is. You charged a fair price and put yourself out for the community.

My crown arrived today and I will be installing in tomorrow and when the T48 is done - I will be getting one of them.