When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Urgent - T crowns... please read - Urgent

t

I have many many catalogues from 2004 and many special editions ones and in all the photos i cannot see any variation on the crown teeth... THey all seem 48 because from my comparison of t crowna nd the genuine, 60 teeth are way more than 48 and they do make a visual difference.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i think also that the 60 teeths crowns are not a bad deal for this price...

but i thinking about to produce new crowns with 48 teeths but for a higher price of +10-15euro each crown. So every customer can choose the cheaper 60 or more expensive 48 teeths...

but at first should be 100000000% sure if the teeths are 48 and if not exists different versions.

BUT I DON`T REFUND ANY CROWNS.... i will change the 60 teeths crowns with a 48 teeths crowns for all buyers (with additional + 10-15 euro costs). But i don

who the hell is going to count teeth on the crowns???? T dont worry about this! I think more important is that they fit rep cases and have appropriate thickness. Forget about teeth! This is still the best crown in town. lol.

Yeh, I tend to agree with that statement.

These Crowns are not 1:1 with the gen so they fit a case that isn't 1:1.

Question is: will the extra 12 teeth make a noticable difference to the appearance, will it be a standout tell?

750, man that's a bummer.

This has to be a pretty big disappointment for you, t. Let me just say that I'm very happy that you will be following through, and trying to improve the crowns with a second run.

And I think that the +10 Euro price for the new crown is very fair, for those of us who have already purchased the 60 teeth model. Thank you.

T i think both are correct but for different versions and times, i would wait untill some one works out what years and watches need 48 teeth and which need 60 teeth, there would be no point in making 750 more ( i assume that was the min order for you) if one a few will buy them.

T, 1500 crowns is way too much for this community IMO... i say keep selling these crowns and later on if there is interest produce more correct ones.

Guys, i wish one day the incorrect number of teeth on the crown is the biggest problem with these reps!!!

(~ but somehow i think this will not be happening anytime soon.)

First of all, sorry to hear this T. This must suck, putting in so much effort and cash and that finding out that some of the data was maybe wrong... :(

The old ones, sold by the Turkish guy on Ebay and i got one or two from Kruzer, might be 60 teeth. Maybe they changed to less teeth later...?

If someone could verify this...

Depending on the outcome, you could always sell the 60 teeth crowns for cost price and the 48 teeth crowns with enough profit to make this interesting for you.

everybody relax! i think it is impossible to notice 10 teeth difference when someone looks at your watch. this is a rep world. it is much better than exploding crystals on fiddy's. lol.

I would love to learn which models have 60 teeth IF ANY.. Pre-V though have 48 as rolli showed us in the blueprints so it didn't changed through time..

I think there is a visual difference as you can see from the following photo...

Left t crown correct thickness less teeth and right rep crown correct teeth but too thin...

dsc03225oo8.jpg

T,

I knew these crowns had 60 teeth when I ordered them. I was unaware that gen crowns had 48 teeth. But since I don't believe you intentionally misrepresented them, I will not be asking you to replace my crowns with 48 teeth crowns for 10 euro. I will however, buy at least 1 (probably 2) 48 tooth crowns at your new price of 30 - 40 euro if and when they are produced.

I also agree with mil_sub that 700 48 tooth crowns may be too many, even if the cost per unit goes up slightly to produce a smaller batch.

Much thanks for your efforts. This just goes to show that no good deed goes unpunished. :D

V, we are comparing apples and oranges. Please put gen crown next to T's. I know you have one ;)

I would love to learn which models have 60 teeth IF ANY.. Pre-V though have 48 as rolli showed us in the blueprints so it didn't changed through time..

I think there is a visual difference as you can see from the following photo...

Left t crown correct thickness less teeth and right rep crown correct teeth but too thin...

And to everyone who may be ridiculing T for and our collective mistake...Shame on you...

...I don't think that anyone is blaming t for anything...No additional drama is necessary.

...I don't think that anyone is blaming t for anything...No additional drama is necessary.

EDIT - Original post edited.

EDIT II - Also edited this post to remove any possible distraction from the thread. The last thing I want to do is add drama. I hate when others do that, so I apologize if I did. Not my intention.