When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ping Nanuq

HauteHippie

*GRIN*

She's really something, eh? And that wasn't political posturing... That's how she really IS. Even when the cameras are off.

Heck, that's how most of us are.

Did you catch the part about Todd being a world champion snowmachine racer? Even that was an understatement. He won the Iron Dog ... 1049 miles cross country to Nome with wind chills approaching -200F. Yes, two HUNDRED below. At 100mph. Cross country. In the dark with moose on the "trail."

They're both cut from good cloth.

i never had any doubts about Mrs Palin however i'm beginning to wonder if McCain can even match up, much less top her

His speech certainly won't top that! But then, it doesn't have to...Last night was the official Beat-Down. Tonight they can talk about substance and character.

The game has definitely changed...

*GRIN*

She's really something, eh? And that wasn't political posturing... That's how she really IS. Even when the cameras are off.

That's it right there. It was just . . . genuine. Truly remarkable. And news early this morning indicated that the latter half of the speech was delivered without the teleprompter. Apparently the teleprompter operator let the speech continue rolling during applauses and before long the "next" lines had scrolled off completely... So she went off memory and off notes in front of her with nary a hesitation! Now this in and of itself is very impressive considering the magnitude of the situation and the captive nationwide audience for her first ever national address, but when you compound that with all the viciously personal attacks from the left and the onslaught from the "unbiased" media that she had sustained in advance of being able to actually present herself to the American people.... what she did last night is really put into perspective. Simply wow. I am a fan.

A female Chuck Norris! There ya go.

I heard that Superman wears Sarah Palin jammies when he goes to bed.

And the boogeyman checks under his bed for Sarah Palin before he goes to sleep at night.

:ph34r:

Did you miss the part about how she vetoed $500 million dollars in pork spending in Alaska alone, and fought like a scalded cat to expose and eliminate earmarks... Even those produced by Republican congresspersons from Alaska?

That kind of no-holds-barred approach to governing is hugely attracting here at home and I suspect the rest of America will dig it too.

(and the cash you save will fund a PILE of reps!)

Did you miss the part about how she vetoed $500 million dollars in pork spending in Alaska alone, and fought like a scalded cat to expose and eliminate earmarks... Even those produced by Republican congresspersons from Alaska?

(and the cash you save will fund a PILE of reps!)

Of course he didn't. THEY only hear what they want to hear.

The thing that no one seems to mention is that with the introduction of Palin, both sides are now bashing each other on the "Experience" issue. One side of the media is taking Obama to task for his lack of experience while the other side is doing the same to Palin. The WTF factor is...... Obama is running for the office of president, Palin is not.... :D

Of course he didn't. THEY only hear what they want to hear.

The thing that no one seems to mention is that with the introduction of Palin, both sides are now bashing each other on the "Experience" issue. One side of the media is taking Obama to task for his lack of experience while the other side is doing the same to Palin. The WTF factor is...... Obama is running for the office of president, Palin is not.... :D

Yep ... Politics as usual. Wait till you REALLY get to know her!

The son of our senator, Ben Stevens, once replied nastily that people from the Matanuska - Susitna valley are "Valley Trash". She gleefully jumped on that and now refers to herself as Valley Trash to kind of stick a knife in his ribs.

So I coined a new phrase: "Valley Trash to Valley Forge"

GO GET 'EM SARAH!!! :tu:

Nanuq & Miss Understood. Now there's a ticket America would vote for :p

Good Lord, man ... NEVER use my name and hers together in the same sentence! She has Google and knows how to use it. :ph34r: