When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Infamous peoples's watches?

pollux1

Breguet in particular is famous for having supplied watches to many famous (infamous) people through history including: Napoleon, King Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette, the Duke of Wellington (Arthur Wellesley), George Washington, Tsar Alexander I, Winston Churchill, Leo Tolstoy and Sergei Rachmaniinov.

From the Washington Post Style Section>>>

Read My Wrist

Share | Print

By Sara Levine , Leslie Milk

From a playful poker watch to a rugged Timex Ironman to a $54,000 diamond-encrusted Rolex, the watches that Washingtonians wear can say a lot about them

Bill Clinton

I am trying to find the reference for the IWC. I know it exists, however here is an aution item of a Lange & Sohne watch

purchased by Hitler as a gift for his Dr. Theodore Morell.

Adolf Hitler's gift watch to Theodor Gilbert Morell sold for $70,000

An historically important watch, an 18K gold, hunting-cased, keyless pocket watch, which is described as a "minute-repeating" watch by A. Lange & Sohne, Glashutte, I/SA, B/Dresden, No. 91764, was sold for $70,000. The watch was made in 1938, and sold to Adolf Lunser, Berlin, a company that was the supplier to the Third Reich. The watch, inscribed "22.7.44 mit den herzlichsten W

Adolf Hitler's gift watch to Theodor Gilbert Morell sold for $70,000

An historically important watch, an 18K gold, hunting-cased, keyless pocket watch, which is described as a "minute-repeating" watch by A. Lange & Sohne, Glashutte, I/SA, B/Dresden, No. 91764, was sold for $70,000. The watch was made in 1938, and sold to Adolf Lunser, Berlin, a company that was the supplier to the Third Reich. The watch, inscribed "22.7.44 mit den herzlichsten W