When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mising out on 20k$

Dani

Today a notice that i forgot to be at a auction sep 2.

On their program was a AP Montoya valued on second hand market at 42k$ it whent for under 20k$ :cry2: :cry2:

So that i forgot, i lost about 20k$ go figure my luck is worse then anyone :cry2: :cry2:

The horror i em sick right now have could i forget? =@:cry2:

20 [censored] K$ that is not like pocket money its life changing dollars :cry2:

OMG give me some advice on have to get over this i em almost going mad right now.

Since moist people read the first post only here is the story.

This auction is not well nown not man people now it was so the ap when for sat price no one bided on it so a profit at over 20k was lost, imagne you lose 20k due to a glip in your memory bank.

I'm not understanding, bro... Where you going to buy the watch to then sell on? If so, at least you've still got the 20 K you'd've spent buying it... I wish I had 20 K at the moment... :o

Yes correct going to re sell it.

Its new condition thats the sick part :cry2:

20k aiint nothing man, that is hard earned $ this was 20k right in my pocket, its like winning the lotto. :cry2:

20k is hardly anuff to get a audi a4 1996 mod in my country or a year rent on a aprtment but still it was 1hour work to get 20k that is sick have could i forget

man this is sick

You should be relieved.

A better opportunity might come by, and you'll say "If I had bought the AP....." So, sometimes a missed opportunity is another opportunity.

And you didn't LOSE your dough. Putting $20k in a bag, and then throwing the bag in a fire is losing your dough.

Edited by Codammanus-2014

Yes correct going to re sell it.

Its new condition thats the sick part :cry2:

20k aiint nothing man, that is hard earned $ this was 20k right in my pocket, its like winning the lotto. :cry2:

20k is hardly anuff to get a audi a4 1996 mod in my country or a year rent on a aprtment but still it was 1hour work to get 20k that is sick have could i forget

That's a bitch, for sure. How much would you have had to spend buying it? That was what I didn't understand.

You should be relieved.

A better opportunity might come by, and you'll say "If I had bought the AP....." So, sometimes a missed opportunity is another opportunity.

And you didn't LOSE your dough.

This is as good as it get.

20k$ one hour.

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tre...35165&rid=0

Just look at that LOOK 46k$ omg.

20k just laying around to use i dont have those 20k is my biz money so to ad a 20k bonus omg i could by my mother a new car give my sister a mac book pro OMG THIS SUCKKKKS

He was going to buy it at $20k, sell it at about $40k

Loss of $20k. (He's thinking like a businessman. Those are businessman opportunity tears).

Not a real loss, but a real loss to him. I get 'cha!

What happens when your $20k loss turns into a $30k profit. It's possible. I've heard of stranger things.

START THINKING ABOUT THAT NEXT OPPORTUNITY.

If it went for $20k and not $40k then it is really only worth 20k, despite what the appraised market value of it is. Something is only worth what someone will pay! That is how it works, the next time they issue a second hand market value on it it might be 15k, since they know damn good and well they can't get the 40 they thought they would.

Stop pissing an moaning about it! Imagine if you bought at 20 and THEN found out there is no market for it.

Added: Same as shundi says, except I am long winded and he probably types faster.

Well I understand that sucks....it would certainly have been "Easy Money" but imagine if you'd brought a watch for 20K and then found it out market conditions caused it to only be worth 17K?

Not that watch. Not even in these "soft" economic times. People who can afford it are actually spending more on luxury items. Never mind that P-diddy cut back on his private jet use.

He could have gotten more than $20. At least.

Same reason why you can sell a Daytona for well over $10k.

STEEL.

I don't mean to gripe, but I don't see the point in this post. Can you imagine if everyone on this forum posted articles like this about how sick we are because 20 or 30 years ago we could have bought Daytona's for a few hundred bucks?

????

PLEAS MAN THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST SOUGHT AFTER AP WATCH.

i have a buyer i now many collectors i buy and sell watches weekly.

This was worth 40k+ but not many now about this auction SO THEY SOLD IT ON SAT PRICE NO ONE BIDDED ON IT.

Not that watch. Not even in these "soft" economic times. People who can afford it are actually spending more on luxury items. Never mind that P-diddy cut back on his private jet use.

He could have gotten more than $20. At least.

Same reason why you can sell a Daytona for well over $10k.

STEEL.

Did anyone consider that the value of this could be in legitimate free fall because J.P. is now in Nascar? Not to be too judgmental, but F1 types are not Nascar fans. And not too many Nascar fans shop at Chanel or Hugo Boss, if you get my drift. Same reason Tag Heuer's Jeff Gordon watches are cheap as dirt on the secondhand market.

And I don't want to "twist the knife" but...

If you can remember "ONE HOUR" then you should have remembered "THE Hour."

But, get a mop, clean up the milk. No tears though.

(And don't use bad language. It's contagious)

Did anyone consider that the value of this could be in legitimate free fall because J.P. is now in Nascar? Not to be too judgmental, but F1 types are not Nascar fans. And not too many Nascar fans shop at Chanel or Hugo Boss, if you get my drift. Same reason Tag Heuer's Jeff Gordon watches are cheap as dirt on the secondhand market.

Did you just compare a TAG to an AP.

SHAQUILLE O' Neal can fall off in basketball, but that watch will be worth money, even if he's a bum. Why: two words

AUDMARS PIGUET.

Did you just compare .....???

omg you dont get [censored] do you.

i trade watches weekly i now have much i can sell it for, it would thake me a hour to sell it for at least 35k easy let it on TZ maybe even 40k.

i work ALOT so this glip my mind due to my sister has a very important day soon and my mom is sick right now.

i em not sad i em angry on myself.

Can you imagine if everyone on this forum posted articles like this about how sick we are because 20 or 30 years ago we could have bought Daytona's for a few hundred bucks?

Exactly.

My father was passing up on Subs for $500 back in the 70's. Who knows if a single red, or a COMEX passing through his hands, he doesn't know about that [censored] enough to tell me. Hell, he never bought one. My same story can be told by how many other people here?

Dani. Life is full of regrets, enjoy what comes inbetween. If you're lucky enough to have $20k saved up and smart enough to know how to flip it into $40K, I really don't feel sorry for you, good sir.

omg you dont get [censored] do you.

i trade watches weekly i now have much i can sell it for, it would thake me a hour to sell it for at least 35k easy let it on TZ maybe even 40k.

i work ALOT so this glip my mind due to my sister has a very important day soon and my mom is sick right now.

i em not sad i em angry on myself.

I don't see why name calling is in order. You posted this thread, as such you should expect to receive everyone's opinion on all aspects of what when down. I am sorry that we did not turn the entire thread into a Dani pity party as that appears to be what you were after. Live and learn then grow a pair and move on, if you don't want our thoughts, DONT POST!

Did you just compare a TAG to an AP.

SHAQUILLE O' Neal can fall off in basketball, but that watch will be worth money, even if he's a bum. Why: two words

AUDMARS PIGUET.

Did you just compare .....???

I did compare. A popular brand may take a dump next week, an unpopular brand may rise from the ashes to take the place of it. They are all watches and open to comparison. Hublot used to be nothing, now they are red hot, but cooling. LVMH bought them out, LVMH also owns Tag Heuer. Rolex used to be thought of as a tool watch, look at them now. IWC started out as an inexpensive brand, not the luxury brand it is today. All are watches, all are open for comparison. I don't hold any brand in high regard just because of the branding of it.

If it helps, you don't know that you could have got it for $20k. There would have been 2 of you bidding. For all you know his top price might have been $35k. Auctions always go for the amount the second highest bidder was willing to pay.

If you think it sucks - think about the seller :p

That is what i also thought.and that gives me peace of mind :)

Then your mind was exactly where it ought to have been. On family.

There will always be another deal.

Coda

true.

I don't see why name calling is in order. You posted this thread, as such you should expect to receive everyone's opinion on all aspects of what when down. I am sorry that we did not turn the entire thread into a Dani pity party as that appears to be what you were after. Live and learn then grow a pair and move on, if you don't want our thoughts, DONT POST!

you talk about things you dont now man that is something i hate, when dont now [censored] dont talk.

Many don't now what this watch is valued at then they shoud stay out of this thread and that is not directed at only you.

Pitty nhha, man i em angry on myself and this is my home on the web so yeah i will talk about myself also when i em down or when i em up.

Not my words, but maybe can help:

"You can't lose what you never have"

Here's a story:

A couple once gambled their live savings on horses. They only have $100 left when they decided to stop.

The next day, the husband said to the wife: "you know what, I will try again today"

SO the husband went to the horse races again, and won $1000!

He continued to bet: $1000 becomes $10000, $10000 becomes $100000,

...and he finally went home with $1000000

On his way home, he saw there was a "double dare" card game. Wow! he can double his money he thinks. He is lucky today!

So he tried the game out: and BAM, LOSES ALL HIS $1000000

He went home, his wife greeted him: "How did it go darling? Did you win?"

The husband replied: "Darling, I lost the $100 too..."

;)

Not my words, but maybe can help:

Here's a story:

A couple once gambled their live savings on horses. They only have $100 left when they decided to stop.

The next day, the husband said to the wife: "you know what, I will try again today"

SO the husband went to the horse races again, and won $1000!

He continued to bet: $1000 becomes $10000, $10000 becomes $100000,

...and he finally went home with $1000000

On his way home, he saw there was a "double dare" card game. Wow! he can double his money he thinks. He is lucky today!

So he tried the game out: and BAM, LOSES ALL HIS $1000000

He went home, his wife greeted him: "How did it go darling? Did you win?"

The husband replied: "Darling, I lost the $100 too..."

;)

Very true.

I dont see this a gamble but i do understand the point.

I never lost anything nor did i win anything.

I do feel better from what cornerstone said so thanks bro.

I did compare. A popular brand may take a dump next week, an unpopular brand may rise from the ashes to take the place of it. They are all watches and open to comparison. Hublot used to be nothing, now they are red hot, but cooling. LVMH bought them out, LVMH also owns Tag Heuer. Rolex used to be thought of as a tool watch, look at them now. IWC started out as an inexpensive brand, not the luxury brand it is today. All are watches, all are open for comparison. I don't hold any brand in high regard just because of the branding of it.

None of those brands has the combination of history, crafstmanship, and innovation that AP does. The "brand" has earned its status. Not even Tag has. They have come up with some new stuff, but when you look at Audemars Piguet it is an entirely different story and not even in the same class as a.....Rolex.

Even Rolex's resale value is inflated value.

@Dani,

Glad you found what you were looking for in watchlover321's story, and Cornerstone's comments.

Mission Accomplished? Hope so.

Happy Hunting on your next deal. And I hope the best for mom.