When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Laoag

RWG Technical

Thanks for the info :)

This is a great read if your doing your own work, and this section is a MUST read and FOLLOW for anyone who does work for others. Just as above with the scammers who offer to quick lube your movement, sending watches back in worse condition than they arrived is totally unaceptable.

I wish the watchsmith who fixed my 111h after glass dust jammed it up worked by that principle <_<

After one 'service', it ran flawlessly, only to jam at precicely the same time every 12 hours...

After the second 'service', it ran flawlessly, no longer jamming up, but came back minus one case clamp, and mysteriously 'died' about four months after the service, after I'd sold it onto a friend, which then made me look like a schmuck for selling him a watch that only did him a few months <_< Oh well, at least the guy's retired now (old age) so he won't be naffing up any other customer's watches...

The Zigmeister there is an article in this month's Watch Time of the resurgence of watchsmith's and their skills. There are two schools that run programs to teach the art. The details fail me at the moment, but it seemed like an interesting piece. Here's hoping that the art will make a big comeback. With the rising prices of Swiss watches I'd figure the demand will grow for skilled watch workers?