When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

196 Back from Canada

dluddy

I just got my 196 Daylight back from Canada. It went in for the full spa treatment.

Ziggy Lume

Genuine Kruzer Crown

Chief Double AR

Had an issue with the Lello datewheel but a replacement is on its way so that will come later.

The lume job is amazing and the new Double AR coating makes this dial sing...Simply amazing results.

pam196postmodsng3.jpg

pam196casebackuv9.jpg

• 2 months later...

As a happy 196 owner myslefm all I can say is - fantastic result!

Mine is ex-"lovepanerai" one, similar mods to yours, ETA7753 motor, The Zigmeister C3/C5 mix lume (greenish tint per gen 196 specs), single-sided Chief's A/R, but Palp crown and no DW swap yet but have spare Lello DW in reserve.

I agree with Sql_pl - that caseback is to die for as well, very gen like, the serial is nice and believable number and I really like the 196 later G-series casebacks that came engraved both on the top and bottom rim with Luminor Daylight txt. Mine mimics the earlyG-series 196 casebacks that came with only bottom engraved Daylight txt.

Wear it in good health! :)

babola

Easy answer on the case back. One of the versions of the 188 Asian 7750 came with Luminor on the back. As far as I know it was never put on the g series gen 196 - only the 188. Most importantly, very nice piece. :)

Hey K, long time no speak :-)

196 also came without top txt Panerai on the caseback, but only reportedly at the beginning of G-series. The caseback cahnged designed soon after and the top txt was included, probably to balance out the Daylight txt at the bottom.

http://www.watches24seven.com/gallery2/mai...;g2_itemId=2742

cheers,

babola

Thanks and sorry guys...Was away for the Thanksgiving holiday.

You guys are correct on the caseback. The transitional G series had both and then from H series on it had both. I picked up the caseback from another member a while back and swapped my original EL caseback without the Luminor. I thought is looked better with both B)

I'll try to take some dial closeups tomorrow ao you can see Ziggy's lume job...simply outstanding results on probably one of the hardest dials to lume.