When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Newbie Experiences

P8B

Calling the call of 2008.

Come on guys, come together and tell your experiences here at RWG, making the first buy, help from the various "elders" at the forum, anything you did since joining this amazing place that you would like to share with one and all!!!

For my first, and so far the only rep, I bought a Chopard GTXL (the 7750 version) from a trusted dealer. It came with a bunch of problems. The dealer asked me to mail it back with regular airmail. Due to the "customs problems" he can't receive fedex and such. I sent it and that was that. It has been over four weeks and the dealer said he never received the watch. I assume it's been stolen or lost or whatever :(

I cannot see how I can order from him again, and yet he is one of the "best" dealers here.

I bought my 1st rep from one of a dealer here. I was happy but during gtg, senior members here were shock to hear of the price I paid for the rep. I paid USD380 and they told me it could be had for USD260.

Willing parties, I call it but a difference of USD120, wow. And the watch is, according to the senior members (not one but three) not a close rep and it is not even a high movement. I realised the importance of exchanging ideas and information of the dealers here. The same dealer can sell the same watch for a difference of USD100, depending who he/she is dealing with.

Also try group buy. My 3rd rep which is Skyland is a result of group buy. One of the best rep out there and only cost slightly more than USD200. High movement (28.8k bph), good AR and working watch!

Some Corgi lessons to noobs:

--> A full gold Rolex is so tempting, but believe me, it's not worth it. Plus, it might make your wrist green.

--> I know Rolex Daytonas are so cool and symmetrical looking; buy one, and prepare to face some serious frustration and disappointment.

--> The Hublot Big Bang trend is over, and gone with the wind. This is old news.

--> Watch out for the date fonts on most Breitling and some Omega reps (+ many other automatic chrono models). Look carefully before spending your money, to make sure you don't get something that looks silly.

--> Don't get too paranoid about accuracy and quality. Don't obsess about the tiniest inaccuracy, don't worry about slight problems in dimensions, because more than likely, nobody gives a flying caboose about what the hell kind of a watch you're wearing.

--> Don't quit, get depressed, and give up after one of your new watches arrives dead or broken. It happens to all of us, even to me. More than once. Yeah.

--> MOST IMPORTANTLY: Have Fun. This is a hobby meant to be enjoyed and appreciated, once you turn it into something super serious and let it affect your emotions and mental health, you're taking it too far.

For my 1st I've been seized 7-10 days before by the Sw!ss custom ... furious.gif

I receive a nice letter with an invoice (50USD fee) and a paper to sign (i agree to let destruct the watch....) and some infos :

http://www.fhs.ch/en/news/news.php?id=628

I have no problem at all with my Ch!nese dealer but now i don't know what i should do ... That was my 1st order ... I presume i have no other solution to sign and pay the fee but for the 2nd try i don't know how to do it ...

For my first, and so far the only rep, I bought a Chopard GTXL (the 7750 version) from a trusted dealer. It came with a bunch of problems. The dealer asked me to mail it back with regular airmail. Due to the "customs problems" he can't receive fedex and such. I sent it and that was that. It has been over four weeks and the dealer said he never received the watch. I assume it's been stolen or lost or whatever :(

I cannot see how I can order from him again, and yet he is one of the "best" dealers here.

who is it?

My first rep that I purchased I got on eBay. It was a very nice Yachtmaster Rolesium, but the minute hand was from a Submariner. I ended up selling it, but wanted another Rolex. I then found these forums (all three) and bought a very nice Submariner LV from member trevor2079 over at RWI. He originally bought it from Andrew at Trustytime. When we met to complete the deal, I noticed the watch he was wearing...Breitling BCE, and knew right then and there that I had to have a Breitling. I ordered a V1 Skyland from Angus and the tracking shows "released from US Customs", so it should be here in a day or two.

Edited by chazglenn3

• 4 weeks later...
Calling the call of 2008.

Come on guys, come together and tell your experiences here at RWG, making the first buy, help from the various "elders" at the forum, anything you did since joining this amazing place that you would like to share with one and all!!!

I just bought my first two reps two weeks ago. I did not know about this forum then and ordered them from diamondreplicas.com. The reps arrived about 10 days later and looked and worked fine. It was a omega hour vision and a Panerai.

For the last two days I cant reach diamondreplicas web site any more. Maybe they had to close down! So I guess i was lucky with both my first purchase and the swedish customs. :-) What I heard I should not be illegal to buy replicas in Sweden but it is illegal to sell them in Sweden according to an article i read. But i guess the customs doesn't allways know about these rules. Or maybe I am just got the wrong information? But the article accually asked a lawyer about it.

I have now have two more reps on order from Josh, so it will be interesting to see how that compares with the delivery time - and the customs. Hope it will work out - I am longing for my new reps. :-)

Here is my newbie experience:

I found RGW and was really glad, as I had been searching a good rep site and found many but could not trust any of them w/o seeing actual reviews and most reviews sites are owned by those same websites.

I did research for about a month and asked the members a few questions and they really helped. I made my first purchase from Andrew and the experience was great, watch was very high quality. I did get the wrong band, as I had ordered the brown and received the black but I didn't complaint because I like it as well. Then I got some cufflinks from Trevor and was also a great experience, fast shipping, great service.

I've now fallen in love with the white face Tourbullion so here I go again with some more research to see who has the best samples.

I did get the wrong band, as I had ordered the brown and received the black but I didn't complaint because I like it as well.

Naw I don't think is acceptable.. I am new also but I do expect to receive what I order..

Feet to the fire

When I pay I expect competence

not mistakes...

Bill

Part 2 (bad experience)

Finally after many emails & lots of time & patience Ruby has made contact with regard to my non working Navi. What I did was place an additional order in the system for another rep.which I will follow through with once I have my 1st one on my wrist ticking. The reply was simply 'sorry, sorry must have been damaged in shipping. I am now waiting for a return add.to send it back to her. After reading The 'Jacob' issues It makes my one little purchase seem pretty insignificant. I'm not there yet though I'm 1 step closer.

Here is my newbie experience:

I found RGW and was really glad, as I had been searching a good rep site and found many but could not trust any of them w/o seeing actual reviews and most reviews sites are owned by those same websites.

I did research for about a month and asked the members a few questions and they really helped. I made my first purchase from Andrew and the experience was great, watch was very high quality. I did get the wrong band, as I had ordered the brown and received the black but I didn't complaint because I like it as well. Then I got some cufflinks from Trevor and was also a great experience, fast shipping, great service.

I've now fallen in love with the white face Tourbullion so here I go again with some more research to see who has the best samples.

Maldo: For your tourby you need Homer. homagewatch.com or somthing like it (anyone?). He has a good range of the unbranded Millionsmart tourbys and provides complete ASS and parts backup for them. About 550USD from memory.

Pics Here

Col.

Well I've been looking on the net for a Breitling (or 4) for a while, trying to find a non-scamming dealer.

I'd seen a loads of fake forums and review sites and was losing my hope of finding anywhere that was viable.

I signed up here and had a read about (and the great reviews of dealers and the watches).

I then saw an EU member selling a watch I was after cheap.

I've paypaled the money, and the watch was posted to the UK today.

Fingers crossed.

Edited by Bibbs