When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tha Kodos from planet 'Panerai' have landed... New Dials...

V

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arrrrrrrrgh!!!! And I just ordered Davidson's newest 201a three weeks ago, now being installed by Rexie . Like everything in life timing is everything. Damn

The Pre-V dials come in both thick and thin indices.... depending on when they are released.... and they vary from batch to batch

The thickness on these particular dials offered are similar to the originals and correct

These dials were only offered to some ppl here recently only, on the forum as there were limited numbers.. and I doubt that you were on the list... so you probably did not see them before..... I might be wrong and correct me if I am...

So you are wrong about these dials.... pls do your homework before slamming other ppl's efforts...... Like you have done previously...

Pamfried has a similar dial effort going on over at the Darkside which is why he is chiming in and why I took exception to his post.

I am sure his dials will be better than anything we have seen before as well but didn't think he needed to jump in and be critical - especially when his criticism was off base

I know he (Pamfried) has a similar dial effort going on... it has been there for months with no results....

His dials might turn out to be the best ever.....ever.... ever.... and if so.. good for him and kudos to him.... and I will even congratulate him....

But his action of slamming/dissing other ppl's dial effort is still uncalled for here...

Guest pamfried
The Pre-V dials come in both thick and thin indices.... depending on when they are released.... and they vary from batch to batch

The thickness on these particular dials offered are similar to the originals and correct

These dials were only offered to some ppl here recently only, on the forum as there were limited numbers.. and I doubt that you were on the list... so you probably did not see them before..... I might be wrong and correct me if I am...

So you are wrong about these dials.... pls do your homework before slamming other ppl's efforts...... Like you have done previously...

U are wrong. U were way off being considered in the line. There is no need to be in the list to get them.

Homework? Dlu already mentioned the best statement so i dont need to mention any further.

Guest pamfried
Pamfried has a similar dial effort going on over at the Darkside which is why he is chiming in and why I took exception to his post.

I am sure his dials will be better than anything we have seen before as well but didn't think he needed to jump in and be critical - especially when his criticism was off base

No this has got nothing to do with my post here.

You know your post sums it up best so why going on arguing whats good and not?

Guest pamfried
I know he (Pamfried) has a similar dial effort going on... it has been there for months with no results....

His dials might turn out to be the best ever.....ever.... ever.... and if so.. good for him and kudos to him.... and I will even congratulate him....

But his action of slamming/dissing other ppl's dial effort is still uncalled for here...

Maybe my dials will suck big time hahahahah but i'm just being upfront on what i think of the dial hell i know how hard they are to make.

Was not slammng and dissing the efforts of the maker in general but those that cant take criticisms cant make it.

Its just like dsn. Greats initiatives and efforts but still?

Me many months no results? Oh, you were not in the list to discuss the project thats why u didnt know.

B)

Edited by pamfried

Pamfried I don't understand where you are coming from and don't understand why you are being so negative about this great offering. There is nothing wrong with these dials and are infact the best dials we have all seen to date. The only issue here is your attitude and you are out of line with your comments.

Guest pamfried
Pamfried I don't understand where you are coming from and don't understand why you are being so negative about this great offering. There is nothing wrong with these dials and are infact the best dials we have all seen to date. The only issue here is your attitude and you are out of line with your comments.

You all just read it as me slamming and negative but its not the case.

If you see something perfect you'll say its perfect.

If its not perfect, will you still say perfect just because of some biased reasons?

I'm not being negative here. Like you said these are the best dials done in fact but the thing is they're not perfect.

And when things are so, there are bound to be differences.

Its just a matter of voicing out or be blind and agreeing with what ever the group say so as to remain in the circle.

i'm not the only who thinks the dial is not at its best yet but they aint voicing out. Does everyone need to kiss asses to keep it up?

I think not.

Edited by pamfried

Guest pamfried
There is constructive criticism and there is being a wise ass...

You, Pamfried are being a wise ass

Honestly i'm not being that here.

So what does this say of you:

"Well that's the point isn't it. If these were DSN dials, the discussion Would be quite different and we would all agree with you

that the indices were wrong and the 6 & 9 were all wrong"

Well i dont play fake and am not a fakey.

Hi Pamfried..

Maybe I am too harsh to judge you too quickly..... I can see where you are coming from... but maybe.. just maybe the way you phrased your opinions made ppl think that you are being negative and over critical....

Personally.. I think these dials are not 100% accurate... but they are damn bloody good for what they are... and I am glad that someone among us made the effort to improve the exisiting dials... I congratulate them instead of being anal and pointing out every little fault...

The fact the you are also on a dial project to improve the existing dials is great and I applaud you for it....

I just think that we should show more appreciation than being over critical.... these are just reps anyway... and they stay as reps no matter how hard we try....

I apologise if I was too harsh to judge you...... and maybe you are too harsh on your judgement as well??? Take care...

Guest pamfried
Hi Pamfried..

Maybe I am too harsh to judge you too quickly..... I can see where you are coming from... but maybe.. just maybe the way you phrased your opinions made ppl think that you are being negative and over critical....

Personally.. I think these dials are not 100% accurate... but they are damn bloody good for what they are... and I am glad that someone among us made the effort to improve the exisiting dials... I congratulate them instead of being anal and pointing out every little fault...

The fact the you are also on a dial project to improve the existing dials is great and I applaud you for it....

I just think that we should show more appreciation than being over critical.... these are just reps anyway... and they stay as reps no matter how hard we try....

I apologise if I was too harsh to judge you...... and maybe you are too harsh on your judgement as well??? Take care...

No offense taken.

Yes the dial is good no doubts about that.

Was only pointing out a little here and there. :) Other than that its better than any previous versions.

Maybe my initial comment had came off brunt and coarse but definitely not being critical or bashing. :blush:

Peace. :D

Hoping the drama on the the Dials is squashed...this is another AMAZING project that one of our valued members took the time and effort to provide to our community. A HUGE improvement, remember a gen is a gen...but light years away from what has been available. I am consistently surprised by the generous efforts of our special guys and what inspires them...and to share this with our community absolutely kicks ass.

I can't wait to get mine, and most likely will only be doing 1 or 2 projects so I will be sharing the left over dial with supporting platinum members.

dave :victory:

p.s. pamfried, i look forward to seeing your project as well. i never see this as a competition thing, but an improvement thing that hopefully brings better opportunities that we can all benefit from. ^_^

Guest pamfried
p.s. pamfried, i look forward to seeing your project as well. i never see this as a competition thing, but an improvement thing that hopefully brings better opportunities that we can all benefit from. ^_^

It was never a competition on my part. :)

For all differences we have we do have 1 thing in common and that's watches/Pams.

Cheers!!

First ...thanks to everybody who has supported this project and made it a success....I really appreciate it.

Second ....Peace to all.....it's a rep game we're playing here ...not life and death.

I know sticking a 201/A dial on my Helenarou case with T-60 Crown and V CG ....doesn't make this $40,000 watch , but it has made it one of the most satisfying reps in my collection.

Same with my 202/A and 002 (and I even have a Gen Dial 002 !!)

Every effort has been made to get these dials as accurate looking as possible, a lot of time was spent by myself and one other INCREDIBLE member to nail all the little details previous DSN versions just didn't come close to

Dial Text - raised glossy finish - Correct font , correct A,s correct Logo

Correct Shape 6 and 9

Recessed indices and numerals with "gloss" varnish effect finish

Flat dial finish

I don't see this as a competition , but no-one else seemed to want to do anything about the flaws in DSN's dials ...especially DSN and the gauntlet was thrown down by PAMMan many months ago.

SO I took up the challenge , put over $2000 of my own money in....and took a gamble!!

Some people are not satisfied with the results , one person in particular is a great disappointment to me but that's just life and you learn every day.

You can't please everybody , and nor should you try, but I do think there will be a lot of very satisfied members out there and some great looking watches when these start to get installed.

I am most excited to see what Ziggy can do on the lume front ....just watch this space.

Thanks once again , and watch out for the next project

Everyone who has supported and expressed interest (even if you missed out) will be on the next invitation list

Cheers

FGD

I have only praise for the efforts from all members that entered in this kind of projects...no matter how the end results are...good or bad...and we should encourage them in doing so...from T, lello, palp - just a couple to mention (other that I left out, sorry for not mentioning you)...even dealers as DSN...who take their free time and try to do for all of us that the reps look more like a gen counterpart...sometimes personal money is invested in...all of them (excpet DSN) are doing this not to earn money but for the love of this hobby...kudos to all of you!

Just Awesome!!! Love the ingenuity, Love the passion!!! Want a 201a !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just joined this group today! I would love to find out how to get these dials? Can someone PM me!!!!!!!!

Or where I can get one built into a 111 or 112 PAM?

Thanks for your help!

Peace!

Bob