When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Very First Replica

d.corrado

Hello everyone. :D

after some lurking time its my turn to show you my first replica. In a 3 month time i moved from replicacenter and a lot of scam sites to this nice forum. I have always been a fan of submariner, so i decided to start with it. The flaws i have spot are:

1) poor bezel insert (i bought from ebay a genuine bezel, i will replace the poor one with the genuine part soon)

2) minute hand to me is a bit fat... like the lv probably; anyway im sure i saw a gold sub (with diamonds on it) in a rolex dealer and that watch had the fat minute hand too. anyway i like the fat minute hand.

3) im a bit concerned about the band... im not sure the original sels look like mine and what about the band number?

anyway i like this watch very much: the movement is a genuine eta 2836, the watch has been sold to me as waterproof to 30 meters and i have used it a lot in the swimming pool and its really waterproof. i have also been under 5 meters and the watch is still fine; it keeps the time quite well, i guess it loses -3 seconds a day.

so what do you think about my sub?

post-2212-1152704527_thumb.jpg

post-2212-1152704459_thumb.jpg

post-2212-1152704549_thumb.jpg

post-2212-1152704573_thumb.jpg

post-2212-1152704600_thumb.jpg

Congratulations! You are on your way. Like you said, the minute hand is too fat for the standard sub, and if you could mod the crown guards, you'd be on your way to a better sub. Changing out the bezel insert is also a good move. Date mag looks pretty good, so that is nice. Hope you enjoy it here and learn alot.

i live in italy and i have found a person here selling replicas. I met the guy for buying the watch so i was able to inspect it; it came with box and all the stuff. i paid it 450 euros, not so cheap but i have to say i feel confortable with it. and as i mentioned, i went 5 meters under and the watch was ok. this is a everyday watch beacause i have always desired a sub since i was 12 years old! the guy's site is www.watchprofessional.info but its only italian.

as i said at the time of the purchase (2 monthes ago) i thought 450 euros was fair enought. anyway its not so much to me for that watch and i am very pleased, especially with the waterproof thing.

FWIW, I bought my first rep, an SD, from Joshua. Had him service the movement and seal it, SO worth it. He pressure tests them. Probably won't take it swimming, have gens for that if I need to swim with a watch, but love having a nice watch that keeps good time, looks like .005 million bucks :D (but didn't cost that!).