When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Avitt DLC'd Pam 001B Project Completed! (Lots of Pictures)

cc

Hello RWG,

I have finished quite a few project during my time here and would like to share one of them today. I would like to first off, thank all the guys who have helped me with this...in no specific order: cMike, Avitt, the Master, Jaykeem, Angus, and Panerai.

A few months ago, i was offered DLC/ADLC service by RWG member and friend Avitt. It would then be his first project with his first client. Pictures cannot capture how good the pencil lead finish looks in person. Compared to a couple gens i have seen, Avitt's coating and bead blasting are identical to gen A-B series Pams.

Here are some pictures with some of my straps... Enjoy!!

DLC'd Pam 001B:

Standard Rep Case

A6497-2

Avitt DLC Service

Old 001B Dial

C3 Superlumed Dial

DSN Hands

C3 Superlumed Hands

H3 Cannon Pin Flattened & Polished

Angus 001B Caseback

Angus 001B CG Modded with Rubber Insert (gen action)

A/R Removal

Genuine Panerai Lug Screws

Pam001B020.jpg

Pam001B021.jpg

Pam001B002.jpg

Pam001B001.jpg

Pam001B007.jpg

Pam001B003.jpg

Pam001B004.jpg

Pam001B005.jpg

Pam001B006.jpg

Casual Days: Simona Vintage Tan w/PVD Buckle

Pam001B008.jpg

Pam001B015.jpg

Pam001B009.jpg

Pam001B016.jpg

Sporty Days: Savage Olive Green/Brown Stitchless w/PVD Buckle

Pam001B011.jpg

Pam001B012.jpg

Pam001B013.jpg

Pam001B014.jpg

Dressy Days: OEM Panerai A Series Croc Strap with DLC'd Thumbnail Buckle

Pam001B017.jpg

Pam001B018.jpg

Pam001B019.jpg

thank you for looking.

cc

Very nice, the graphite tone looks dead on. I think a 202A project is calling my name.

One question S; was this a SS or PVD case you started with?

Congrats S. wear it well and kudos Avitt!

The case was originally stainless steel. Avitt beadblasts the case before it heads to get DLC'd. The type of beadblasting partially determines the final hue of the finish. I actually have a couple more commissioned by Avitt......more to be posted soon ;)

Looks fantastic, CC! :good: (I may actually have to build one of these for myself..)

Many thanks for placing your confidence in me, and being the first "customer". :clap3:

this is the second one you have seen ;) i would highly recommend you to anyone who is looking for DLC servicing. It wouldnt have been possible to build this without you as i was never 100% confident in other's PVD colors. thanks again.

cc

Awesome! :clap2:

I especially like the olive strap combo.

Do we have any clue on which PAM models were DLC and which were PVD those days? E.g., I was beginning to think that the 028 was PVD on the A series and DLC on the B series...

Awesome! :clap2:

I especially like the olive strap combo.

Do we have any clue on which PAM models were DLC and which were PVD those days? E.g., I was beginning to think that the 028 was PVD on the A series and DLC on the B series...

Only the 195 was DLC.. all the others were PVD.

Forgot to add.. AMAZING watch and strap choices ;)

Comparing (to my memory) a couple Gen Pams and tons of pictures, the Pre-A's have very course beadblasting whereas A-B Pams have finer beadblasting. Then again, the sheen also varies from watch to watch depending on production times.

here's a recent Pam 111E sold.....pretty close in overall accuracy imo but his PVD coating is too dark.

111dlc.jpg