When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

So what are the flaws on this 6263

iflylow78

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is also the EE 6263/5 variant as well... 7750 based, so the caseback is thicker, but all the correct dimensions; 37mm case, 19mm lugs, asymmetric pushers, etc.

I love Daytona vintage but I have a great confusion in my mind. I am not able to auto built a Daytona whit replacement parts and gen V72

Asian lemania rep is bad. OK

But you think that is the 7750 version good ?

I have seen in other discussion that 7750 is not good for measures of case

And accept 7750 replacement parts, as dial glass ecc ? I think NO but I am not expert of this watch.

Another question. In all post is named DW. But sell this DW a complete watch or only parts ? And where is DW '

I have a grat confusion......

trios,

The EE that I posted prior (post #9 in this thread) is 7750 based, accepts a gen crystal (a gen T-21 is installed on this very watch) and has the correct 37mm case diameter, asymmetrical pushers, 19mm lugs etc.

IMG_3606.jpg

IMG_3619.jpg

So, they do exist... :)

As for DW- DW sells both completed watches and case kits, dials hands, etc.

Hope this helps clarify...

Cheers,

Randy

I love Daytona vintage but I have a great confusion in my mind. I am not able to auto built a Daytona whit replacement parts and gen V72

Asian lemania rep is bad. OK

But you think that is the 7750 version good ?

I have seen in other discussion that 7750 is not good for measures of case

And accept 7750 replacement parts, as dial glass ecc ? I think NO but I am not expert of this watch.

Another question. In all post is named DW. But sell this DW a complete watch or only parts ? And where is DW '

I have a grat confusion......

This is an assembled (not kit) 7750-powered 'DW' 6263

6263solo005a1.jpg

As Ubi said, the case is the same size/dimension as the gen 6263 & I installed a genuine Rolex 7mm Triplock crown/tube, pushers & 7835 folded link bracelet (you can also install a gen T21 crystal, but I thought the original crystal looked good).

Here is a link to DW's ioffer page. You can email him & ask if he has any more assembled 7750 Daytonas for sale.

This is an assembled (not kit) 7750-powered 'DW' 6263

6263solo005a1.jpg

As Ubi said, the case is the same size/dimension as the gen 6263 & I installed a genuine Rolex 7mm Triplock crown/tube, pushers & 7835 folded link bracelet (you can also install a gen T21 crystal, but I thought the original crystal looked good).

Here is a link to DW's ioffer page. You can email him & ask if he has any more assembled 7750 Daytonas for sale.

Thanks, I have undestood. Another answer, in your experience are the dials that DW have in this ioffer site compatible to the movement 7750 ?

If are not compatible, where is possible to buy the dial ? I have seen a great number of daytona vintage dials but they are described << for Val. 72 >> and I think that are not compatible to 7750

Thanks for help

Thanks, I have undestood. Another answer, in your experience are the dials that DW have in this ioffer site compatible to the movement 7750 ?

If are not compatible, where is possible to buy the dial ? I have seen a great number of daytona vintage dials but they are described << for Val. 72 >> and I think that are not compatible to 7750

Thanks for help

The subdial spacing is slightly different between the VJ72 and the 7750, so it will take a different dial.

I was just looking through the Q&A's on DW's ioffer listings...It looks like he's selling the complete A7750 based 6263 for $300. His price for a VJ72 case set, dial, and hands is $750-$800. He's asking $2500 for a completely reworked "727" movement.

are the dials that DW have in this ioffer site compatible to the movement 7750 ?

As Avitt said, the V72 dials are not compatible with 7750 movements. As far as I know, DW is only selling assembled 7750 watches. I have not seen any 7750 Daytona dials being sold separately, but you might email DW through his ioffer page & inquire.

• 4 weeks later...

Overall, it looks good. Nice & clean. I assume he replaced the crown/tube with a gen Triplock (cannot tell without a full-frontal shot)?

But I would have Spin remove the lume at 12 o'clock on the dial (dead give-away of a fake Daytona - the gens do not have lume there) & replace the bracelet with a gen or at least a strap. The current bracelet does not fit or look correct.

Wow Spin made a beautiful watch there. How much does one like that cost and is it the 7750 mvmnt?

Another question - I saw in this thread EE mentioned several times and cannot figure out who that is?

Thanks! :)

Thanks for the kind words, freddy... I'm sure you know about the crystal too. ;) and yes, it is fitted with a gen triplock crown+tube (special thanks goes out to the other master, ubi for the wealth of info!). You were my inspiration for getting & modding this beauty (all credit goes to Spin)! :notworthy:

Thank you for the info on the lume dot @ 12. Found some reference pics from sheartime's webby, who has a couple of Daytonas for sale. When i pluck up enough courage to age the dial, i might get that lume dot removed. ;)

Overall, it looks good. Nice & clean. I assume he replaced the crown/tube with a gen Triplock (cannot tell without a full-frontal shot)?

But I would have Spin remove the lume at 12 o'clock on the dial (dead give-away of a fake Daytona - the gens do not have lume there) & replace the bracelet with a gen or at least a strap. The current bracelet does not fit or look correct.

Hey dude,

You will enjoy this beauty! And very soon, get it modded too... :p

looks good - waiting on mine (should ship in the next day or so) here is a picture that I received today of the finished watch

33us8c5.jpg

yes it is a modded 7750 movement (hacking removed as well as autowinding rotor and gears)