When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I guess the Skyland Avenger V2's are not as great as we thought ...

wheaton26

looking back a couple of months, everyone had to have a breitling skyland avenger v2. fast forward to now and you'll see one or two for sale everyday. i guess that's the way it is with reps, you get tired of them very quickly and move on to the latest and greatest. anyway, i just wanted to get some reactions as there has been a wave of these for sale lately ... what was the problem?

I think as Fidestro put it, some people get the rep and then find it doesn't suit their tastes. I would say that the hype and reviews+pics are the primary reason why everyone feels they have to get the latest rep out, even though they know deep down they won't reall wear it. They still get it because everyone else is raving on how great a rep it is and you MUST have one.

I must admit, I've made several impulse buys based on what I said above, and then I find myself putting them up for sale. I guess its just the norm of the watch world :) Except with reps due to the pricing we are able to try on a lot more watches.

Except with reps due to the pricing we are able to try on a lot more watches.

Exactly. I live a few hundred miles from an authorized dealer for any major watch brand. It is cheaper for me to buy something and maybe lose a hundred bucks or so than it is to drive to an AD just to try something on to decide if I would like it or not.

Interesting... And, I agree with DemonSlayer 100%. The cost to take a dip in the pool with a rep is a lot less expensive than to do the same with a gen to see if the honeymoon lasts. So, in that aspect, reps are smart money for testing the waters, so to speak. I imagine many an individual has likely purchased a gen (or decided against) based on their experience with a specific rep.

That said (and to comment on the topic of Skylands) I have to say that I'm actually quite interested in the V2 Blacksteel. I've not been very enthusiastic about Breitling in general, but this one, for whatever reason, has my interest piqued.

That said (and to comment on the topic of Skylands) I have to say that I'm actually quite interested in the V2 Blacksteel. I've not been very enthusiastic about Breitling in general, but this one, for whatever reason, has my interest piqued.

me too buddy ... i'm just waiting for the availability and i'll be ordering!

Had it for a week wore it 2 times ... gorgeous watch but to heavy and to high... well for me at least :)

Other then that really nice replication ... solid build ... comes with great stock AR i mean nothing really negative to say.

Laz

Laz (my wife's boyfriend) is being modest. What he means to say is that the Skyland looks like a mere toy on those muscular arms of his. :D

eheheh U crack me up LORD u really do m8 ;)

Laz

Hah hah.

I didn't see your pix in Lani's "Show Us Your Guns" thread.

I agree with many of the folks here that people into reps tend to hop from watch to watch when the next great thing comes out. From a complete unscientific survey though...there seem to be a disproportionate number of sales happening on the Skyland due to people getting turned off by how big/thick the thing is.

Great thread though...as I had the same question. I've been on the fence about this one for awhile...and am turned off a bit by the size as I have skinny wrists...but the Skyland is such a great looking watch, and so versatile by slapping on different straps.

I sold my bracelet as I didn't like the watch with it.... I have my V2 on a gen pro diver right now and love the watch...

I am waiting on my order for the 22mm Ocean Racer rubber pieces and another order for the replica ocean racer strap... which is what I will use day to day....

The ocean racer strap looks good.

Are you saying the gen 22mm Ocean Racer rubber pieces will fit on the buckle part of the rep ocean racer strap, which to my understanding is sized for the larger SOH watches??

The ocean racer strap looks good.

Are you saying the gen 22mm Ocean Racer rubber pieces will fit on the buckle part of the rep ocean racer strap, which to my understanding is sized for the larger SOH watches??

Yes. If I'm not mistaken the 20mm, 22mm, and 24mm OR straps all use the same deplyant clasp. I may get a rep 24mm OR just to use the clasp for gen 22mm rubber as well. There is supposed to be a 22mm Ocean Racer rep strap out as well. As for the Skyland it's kind of a love it or hate it thing with how it fits. My favorite watches were already thick Breitlings so I love how it fits me. The bracelet is a bit blingy at times but I often throw it on a gen Pro Diver and it's absolutely perfect for me like that. I'm all over a V2 Blacksteel whenever they come out. I think that part of the reason that we are seeing alot of used AS's come up for sale also has to do with the fact that a ton of them have sold. The more there are in members hands the more likely they are to showup for sale.

Yes. If I'm not mistaken the 20mm, 22mm, and 24mm OR straps all use the same deplyant clasp. I may get a rep 24mm OR just to use the clasp for gen 22mm rubber as well. There is supposed to be a 22mm Ocean Racer rep strap out as well. As for the Skyland it's kind of a love it or hate it thing with how it fits. My favorite watches were already thick Breitlings so I love how it fits me. The bracelet is a bit blingy at times but I often throw it on a gen Pro Diver and it's absolutely perfect for me like that. I'm all over a V2 Blacksteel whenever they come out. I think that part of the reason that we are seeing alot of used AS's come up for sale also has to do with the fact that a ton of them have sold. The more there are in members hands the more likely they are to showup for sale.

True about the volume. It has to be one of the most talked about and posted about reps I've seen in awhile. I'm not sure if even the Slevin or BP compares. It's certainly the most posted Breitling.

How do you think the PVD will hold up to scratches and wear?

Truth of the matter is that the Skyland V1 & V2 are available for much cheaper than what our main dealers are selling them for. I've seen the V1 for $165 and the V2 for $220. A lot of guys will buy several at this price, then sell the extras at the price Josh sells them for, reducing the cost of their "keeper" watch. Thats what happens when their are major price differences, people take advantage.