When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Rep of the year

LordRasta

I don't expect everyone to agree with me, but the Skyland is my "super" rep of the year. Those who know me know I have some insane watches, there is some type of mod done to every single one of them, some more than others. Naturally I leave the beaters as is and treat them like they are, beaters. I acquired this piece from BROM and I cannot see myself doing a single mod to it. It has the best double AR out of the factory, the lume dot at 3 is better than V1. I know some think the bezel and perhaps dial is better on the first version and that may very well be accurate but my definition of a super rep is one that I will unwrap and wear with no modifications. Without further ado, my rep of the year.....pic courtesy of BROM.

P1020142.jpg

LR is right, this is one of the best reps straight out of the box. I have the black dial Gen Skyland, so I picked up the Grey which I gave to a friend of mine who was having a tough time...then immediately ordered another grey from Angus. I loved my BCE swiss 770 w/lello DW, but I gave that to a buddy of mine, still have my SFSO white relumed by The Zigmeister...but the Skyland is up there in terms of quality.

dave

:victory:

LR is right, this is one of the best reps straight out of the box. I have the black dial Gen Skyland, so I picked up the Grey which I gave to a friend of mine who was having a tough time...then immediately ordered another grey from Angus. I loved my BCE swiss 770 w/lello DW, but I gave that to a buddy of mine, still have my SFSO white relumed by The Zigmeister...but the Skyland is up there in terms of quality.

dave

:victory:

Go Dave...the Skyland King!!

I too agreed but i looks much better on the ocean racer rubber strap then on the SS bracelet. Too bad they don't rep the 22mm ocean racer rubber strap.

Asked Josh about the 22/20 ocean racer strap, his reply that "it should be on the making", so there is some hope. This strap may be a good solution for those who don't enjoy too heavy watches (with SSB) and don't manage with leather straps and tang buckles (like myself).