When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Old School PAM 63

HauteHippie

Another one of my favorite PAMs of all time...

The Recipe

• Old School "OFFCINE PANERAI" 2893 PAM 63
  • The Zigmeister dial and hands lume
  • The Zigmeister-installed Chieftang A-D cyclops w/ D.A.R.
  • Finepics date wheel
  • Jimmy Fu CG
  • Palp 2.0 Crown

The Pics

pam63_sav3.jpg

pam63_sav2.jpg

pam63_sav1.jpg

Comments

Executed here on a Savage saddle tan stitchless, this guy looks good on light and dark straps alike. Another personal favorite for this one is the Micah (Vintager) brindle, which is much darker. The Greg Stevens Crazy Horse looks great as well.... The watch itself could use some polishing, especially around the bezel. My only fear, though, is that the bezel is plated rather than polished and I might end up making things a lot worse if I try to polish it.... The Jimmy Fu crown, well, I'm kicking myself for not having bought several while they were still around. Overall, I think the Jimmy Fu / Palp 2.0 combo is a little less than optimal - I should have put a gen crown on instead, but it's really hard to complain all that much. This piece is an absolute joy to look at and wear. :D

Absolute beauty!

With the double AR the dial seems coming out of the bezel. It is perfect on a complex dial with lot of small white details like that.

Congrats, B, wear it well!

On the next one are we going to read "Chieftang-installed Chieftang A-D cyclops w/ D.A.R."? ;)

Hehe, thanks all! No new camera. I just finally got a lens suitable for taking these sorts of pics and set up a proper lighting environment, which by the way, could still use some work... Photographing polished pieces is still a bear.

Oh and, BTW, just to clear up confusion: there is no AR on this crystal, only on the cyclops (which is invisible) to reduce reflections on it. If you notice on the first pic, I tried to let a little "moon" sliver of reflection catch the crystal on the right side of the photo, for effect. :)

Thanks again!

@sssurfer: I think the PAM cyclopes on the underside of the glass would frustrate me too much! Rolex cyclopes, no problem. ;)

Congrats, B, you are really mastering light now. I thought it was double AR coated.

Chief - that is beautiful. Any chance you can take a picture head on? I would love to see what the cyclops mag looks like. Can't wait to put mine on.

Yea I'll try. I have been using off-axis shooting angles to easily mitigate crystal reflections. I have an idea for taking shots head-on though........

I have an idea for taking shots head-on though........

Maybe a polarizing filter, but don't try and put an AR coated crystal over another AR coated crystal! It simply doesn't work. :lol:

I tried a double AR crystal on another double AR crystal, and reflections came back even worse. I suppose this is due to messing with the phase interference mechanism. :g: