When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pick the Gen Sub!

USMC8404

Good morning all:

First let me say please excuse my poor photography skills. I am not a pro at taking pictures. Anyway, I just received my gen Sumariner LV two days ago and at first I was a little disappointed :huh: I also have the Euromariner version of this watch and could not believe just how very close both watches are. They look almost identical! The feel of the Gen is a little better on the wrist, but this could be explained by the fact I know it is the real deal.

My disappointment has faded and now I could not be happier with my new watch. As a bonus I no longer have to worry about wearing the Euromariner and being called out. It is that good! The gen will stay on my wrist most of the time. But now I have a beater for when I am out hunting, fishing, doing yard work, etc.

Let me know what you think. See if you can distinguish which is the Gen!

post-11445-1223119449_thumb.jpg post-11445-1223119524_thumb.jpg post-11445-1223119576_thumb.jpg post-11445-1223119626_thumb.jpg

Hi UMC, without a doubt the eurotimez edition is excellent, it`s the watch I`d like this xmas, but a bit expensive if the eta movement is included. The only difference I can see between them are the lugs which are a shade longer on the watch on the right (1st picture) ? A noob question this but does the hand sweep like the gen? is this why Asian and ETA are options to add or do the good quality reps have the sweep movement.

Hi UMC, without a doubt the eurotimez edition is excellent, it`s the watch I`d like this xmas, but a bit expensive if the eta movement is included. The only difference I can see between them are the lugs which are a shade longer on the watch on the right (1st picture) ? A noob question this but does the hand sweep like the gen? is this why Asian and ETA are options to add or do the good quality reps have the sweep movement.

Both watches are 28,800 vpm. My Euromariner has the ETA, I can't speak for the Asian because I don't own one. I will say that from what I have read here that the Asian Clone ETAs are pretty good.

the bezel and CGs on the euro are a dead give away................. the bezel looks like it going to pop out...........mansun

Good Catch! These are the only real flaws. Also the printing of the Noob dial is a little bolder, but you can't tell unless they are side by side. I plan to send it off to The Zigmeister early next year to have these issues corrected.

thanks USMC, its one of the first thingyou spot,,, when eyeballing a rolex sub or SD,, the bezel never seem to sit right on the reps......... well its a mad hobby.

but I like it ............................. Enjoy your new LV..... wear it well.... show it off........................mansun :rolleyes:

The green color IS darker on the genuine and the printing text on the dial is shaper on genuine and it is VERY often the printing is the main difference when You compare a replica nad a genuine.

Because it is much more difficult to make thin text on the dial.

Also the screws is thicker at the other end on a genuine.

But it is a VERY nice watch

Good morning all:

First let me say please excuse my poor photography skills. I am not a pro at taking pictures. Anyway, I just received my gen Sumariner LV two days ago and at first I was a little disappointed :huh: I also have the Euromariner version of this watch and could not believe just how very close both watches are. They look almost identical! The feel of the Gen is a little better on the wrist, but this could be explained by the fact I know it is the real deal.

My disappointment has faded and now I could not be happier with my new watch. As a bonus I no longer have to worry about wearing the Euromariner and being called out. It is that good! The gen will stay on my wrist most of the time. But now I have a beater for when I am out hunting, fishing, doing yard work, etc.

Let me know what you think. See if you can distinguish which is the Gen!

post-11445-1223119449_thumb.jpg post-11445-1223119524_thumb.jpg post-11445-1223119576_thumb.jpg post-11445-1223119626_thumb.jpg

Well when you say that "every part looks different" and "the flaws are very obvious", you have basically said the watch looks nothing like the original.... :p

Bearing in mind the Euromariner is one of the best Subs available, asking why you are bothering with this hobby is a valid question. After all, with your post it clearly seemed as if only a genuine would ever be good enough for you.....

There is a big difference between being "picky" and saying everything on the watch is obviously flawed ;)

Cheers! B)

No mention of the crown sitting too low vs. the gen? It doesn't matter if every part is 1:1, of even if replaced with gen parts, as long as they keep using a 2836-2, it will always be wrong. The crown position is too far back from the dial side with the 2836-2. Only way to solve it, is to build the case for a Roles 3135 or ETA 2892-A2.