When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new modern Sub

Tribal

Nice one Tribal thanks for posting these pics. I will have the LV version of the V4 Euromariner in my hands tomorrow and will post some pics soon after.

Don't think you can doubt the quality of the watches Chris is sending out along with the service he provides, its second to none...

Cheers

P.

Great stuff !

wish i could have those golden fingers :o

im wondering that you put a gen datewheel into it - i guess it is much more thicker than repwheels ?

Very difficult to install?

Regardz

GSmaniac

Thanks mate,

yes not really an easy job.

I must sand down a lot of the gen

Datwheel that it rotates free.

After some time I get it right.

I want a perfect Date on this one and now it looks

like gen.

Have to thank the member who sold me the Datewheel ;)

im wondering that you put a gen datewheel into it - i guess it is much more thicker than repwheels ?

Very difficult to install?

Regardz

GSmaniac

If you do not want to sand the thicker gen date disc. Your other option is to use an ETA 2824-2 instead of the ETA 2836-2. The 2824-2 is 0.40mm thinner on the top end vs. the 2836-2. This will give you 0.40mm of clearance between the dial and movement mainplate. The genuine disc is 0.18mm thick, so there is plenty of room. You will need a 0.40mm spacer between the dial and 2824-2 though. I use one of my movement holders, as it has this spacer milled into the design and it also takes care of fitting in the case as well.

Also, I recommend swapping the 2824-2 date disc for a 2834-2 date disc. The 2824-2 disc sits slightly recessed in the mainplate. The 2834-2 disc has a slight step and raises the top of the disc just above the top of the 2824-2 mainplate. Sand the top of the 2834-2 disc, then install in the 2824-2 movement and then expoxy the genuine disc to the ETA disc. The extra height of the 2834-2 disc in the 2824-2 movement allows for trouble free operation. The botton of the genuine disc does not rub on the mainplate of the movement while it still sits below the back of the dial.

Oh yes, you will have to replace the hour wheel and cannon pinion on the 2824-2 to the same height as the parts on the 2836-2 in order for the hands to clear the dial.

If you do not want to sand the thicker gen date disc. Your other option is to use an ETA 2824-2 instead of the ETA 2836-2. The 2824-2 is 0.40mm thinner on the top end vs. the 2836-2. This will give you 0.40mm of clearance between the dial and movement mainplate. The genuine disc is 0.18mm thick, so there is plenty of room. You will need a 0.40mm spacer between the dial and 2824-2 though. I use one of my movement holders, as it has this spacer milled into the design and it also takes care of fitting in the case as well.

Also, I recommend swapping the 2824-2 date disc for a 2834-2 date disc. The 2824-2 disc sits slightly recessed in the mainplate. The 2834-2 disc has a slight step and raises the top of the disc just above the top of the 2824-2 mainplate. Sand the top of the 2834-2 disc, then install in the 2824-2 movement and then expoxy the genuine disc to the ETA disc. The extra height of the 2834-2 disc in the 2824-2 movement allows for trouble free operation. The botton of the genuine disc does not rub on the mainplate of the movement while it still sits below the back of the dial.

Oh yes, you will have to replace the hour wheel and cannon pinion on the 2824-2 to the same height as the parts on the 2836-2 in order for the hands to clear the dial.

Does it mean a gen. 3135 date disc can be installed onto the 2824-2 w/o any mods., and by swapping the hour wheel and cannon pinion from a 2836-2 onto it everything will then work? Can the spacer comes with the 2824-2 gives the sufficient clearance between the dial and the mainplate in this case?

Thanks.