When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2009 RWG Pictorial Calendar

lanikai

This is probsbly not an original idea... but I think it would be cool to have a 2009 Pictorial Calendar ... with wrist shots.. avatars.... leading review posters.. and of course the "top guns" in the vintage Rolex lines ...

downloading the pics and taking it to one of many places that do Calendars for the New Year is not a problem.. I don"t believe the cost is more than we can afford..

There are many graphic artist here.. if we wanted to do the Calendars with trivia events through the years.. ie. when the First TRC or RWG was founded... important dates.. when the best reps were released .. upcoming events or reps etc. ... etc.

This would surely involve a commitee and to choose the wrist shots.. it could be incorporated with your country.. ie. back drop in Pubs .. or something your country is known for... ie.. here in the States.. the Boston sports arenas.. etc.

I really think it would be a fun and cool thing .. it does not have to be 12 months it could be 18 month calendar.. or whatever...

we would do this on a made to order basis.. I'm sure the more orders the better.. or the EU members could arrange to have the same format printed in their country to avoid shipping costs..

Thoughts ??? B) we have time if we get busy to do one for the upcoming year..

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

Sounds like a great idea to me!

Yourself.. Tribal.. TMG... and others that actually build their own frankens would be great..

and we could ask Ziggy for a nice pic of part of his work station.. that IMO is a have to have !! Something with Chiefs AR .. maybe pics of the crystals being unpacked by him...

@Shundi .. Teejay would be great !! we certainly have enough talent here.. even if we at first just do a handful.. it would be cool ..

@vly .. that's the key word.. "let's" do it.. :D

UPS stores.. Fed Ex - Kinkos .. do Calendars.. laminated... I doubt the cost will be low but not extremly high either.. I'll get a pricing sheet.. this week so we have a starting point..

We have a few months ... and of course it wouyld have to be pre-ordered..

You can go with an online service as well. I'm sure sites like winkflash, shutterfly, etc offer printing of calendars and the sort...

This is great input R !!.. I wanted to suggest this long ago.. but didn't know if it would get much interest.. we have such an eclectic and well rounded membership .. with all types of different professions.. I think this will be a "Snap"

Heck of an idea R!!! :thumbs:

BTW, what an honor to even be mentioned in the same breath as Ubi and Tribal but I'm hardly a builder. Just a fan and collector of parts with an occasional simple mod or two, when it comes to watchsmithing/building I punt.

Heck of an idea R!!! :thumbs:

BTW, what an honor to even be mentioned in the same breath as Ubi and Tribal but I'm hardly a builder. Just a fan and collector of parts with an occasional simple mod or two, when it comes to watchsmithing/building I punt.

Well... it's members like you , Ubi,.. Tribal.. Bazz... Laz..and many others..oh yeah.. Jojo of course.. that give me the insight and support... and the incentive through your timepieces to spend mo money.. (Nah) .. my most prized ..joyful vintage watches are a result of all of you who inspire.. and of course Ziggy who makes the dream come true..

you all have given time to help me source parts so Ziggy can make it come true..

but back on point.. this will be a fun project !!!

Yes, I am all for it. Great idea, I would also say quite a big project with the extras that you are thinking of - when I saw the topic I thought it would just be 12 hi quality pics of our best reps, which I would be all for, but the ambition of this project with a real RWG theme to it would be fantastic.

Oh, and can I add a side of Pug and BT's photography to that please :)

That would be a "given" and I would like to see Bazz's original water drops.. Pug has many more to choose from

phaedo Posted Yesterday, 09:30 PM

Yes, I am all for it. Great idea, I would also say quite a big project with the extras that you are thinking of - when I saw the topic I thought it would just be 12 hi quality pics of our best reps, which I would be all for, but the ambition of this project with a real RWG theme to it would be fantastic.

OK Admin gives his Blessings on this project.. so it is an official Go !! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

If I can help somehow, I am here.

Otherwise, I just book for one copy right now. :D

If I can help somehow, I am here.

Otherwise, I just book for one copy right now. :D

Of course M.. we need organization and formatting and ideas.. for the different months ... to "flow" with vintage models to modern.. to avatars .. or avatars could be on a different calendar...

so your organizational "skills".. are much "needed".. as I remember your spread sheet itemizing all the Pams with every detail..

I jus had an idea.. we are going to need everyones strong traits.. to really make this a great project..

Click here

Of course M.. we need organization and formatting and ideas.. for the different months ... to "flow" with vintage models to modern.. to avatars .. or avatars could be on a different calendar...

so your organizational "skills".. are much "needed".. as I remember your spread sheet itemizing all the Pams with every detail..

I jus had an idea.. we are going to need everyones strong traits.. to really make this a great project..

Click here

Great, R!

Just, your link appears broken. It spells: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=0.

(I suppose the "showtopic=0" is the broken part).