When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review of ROLEX Submariner WM9 v1, the "Super Sub"

By-Tor

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was maybe the most hesitant about wm9 site and the quality of the watches he is selling.

today i bought the wm9 tt blue sub second hand from RWG member CREED and i must say that i can't find enough words to describe the amazing quality of the watch.

i am a huge rolex tt blue sub and have been many times in rolex stores just to see and touch some gens so you can say that i have enough experiance about gen subs.

i couldn't be happier with a rep and i think the watch deserves higher price than it costs.

thank you wm9,creed and creed's wife (she didn't like the watch and thats why he sold it to me) for this awesome watch

where can I get the WM9? Only from PT? is it the "Supreme Edition"? What about the one from trusty time for $278? Is it an older version?

Since I can't seem to edit my post, I would like to know if the engravings in the renaut are replicating the genuine. You chose to have it no engravings in the renaut and I was wondering why. Less pretentious?

Since I can't seem to edit my post, I would like to know if the engravings in the renaut are replicating the genuine. You chose to have it no engravings in the renaut and I was wondering why. Less pretentious?

for me I think it's a matter of taste, this is the gen with engravings and 2008 M serial:

01qe9.jpg

02vd7.jpg

04kr3.jpg

05dx9.jpg

Edited by MAHLER

matter of taste AND the engraving doesnt look quite right yet. PLUS with the engraving it can ONLY be a 2008 model. without engraving you can make your modern sub whatever year you want theoretically

Yes who has the best sub? now that Chris has changed that crystal. does that swing it for you or not By-Tor?

Kind regards. Marc

:bangin: (sorry i couldn't resist...)

i just got my sub today from PT. ireally like the overall feel and size

of the watch. i don't mind the solid bracelet. it gives the watch some more heft.

the noob bracelet is knda flimsy- imo. for some reason- the lume sucks!

will post some pix later. don't worry you're not missing much!

Another one who hates the noob bracelet like me!

The lume is terrible for the same reason that all rep lumes are terrible: no reason

@ im2 I didn't mean it to sound like that. What i meant is, By-tor is saying the crystal and gasket swings it in favour of the WM9. However if Chris is changing these in future, Does it swing in favour of the Euromariner? Seems to me that the most important things are:

dial

braclet

crystal.

therefore it could be suggested that the euromariner now has the 'best' of all worlds. No?

I agree. Euromariner has potential to become the "Best Sub". But it really requires to get the "rehaut thickness" correct. The rehaut (depth, angled & front appearances) are all perfect on the WM9.

But then again, the upgraded WM9 with super luminova might "clean the table". :) Anyway, all these new Subs are very good... and in completely different level than the previous versions.

HELL i STILL LOVE the (now)old Noobmariner. :)

And for good reason. It's still a great rep, and the only one from the "old school" that compares nicely against today's offerings. The Noob dial is sensationally good.

@ im2 I didn't mean it to sound like that. What i meant is, By-tor is saying the crystal and gasket swings it in favour of the WM9. However if Chris is changing these in future, Does it swing in favour of the Euromariner? Seems to me that the most important things are:

dial

braclet

crystal.

therefore it could be suggested that the euromariner now has the 'best' of all worlds. No?

Sorry, i didnt mean to sound like that either..

Well, the gasket+crystal will be a superb improvement for the Euromariner..

About the dial & bracelet i am not optimistic at all.... The fact that we still rely on a 100 $ watch (noobmariner) parts (dial and bracelet- however i hate noob bracelet) to build our super frankens of 1000 $ says a lot...