When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Oyster Prince Submariner 7016/0

freddy333

It just occurred to me that the NDT dial is made to fit a Tudor 390 movement (26mm dia with feet at 2 & 8 o'clock). Do you (or anyone else) know if the dial feet positions on the 390 are the same as the ETA 2483?

i don't think so ... isn't the 390 based on a Rolex movement ?

Since this thread has some discussion of this watch, can someone point out if theres a rotor release anywhere on the movement?

You need to remove the entire auto-wind module (2 screws, 1 of which can be seen along the top of the right edge of the rotor in my pic above) & then the rotor can be released from the underside of the plate by removing a circlip.

supposedly theres a waiting list, so they will confirm as they get more in! it is still possible to get one maybe if you email them and get wait listed.

Thanks Ray...I'm waitlisted already. I was #6 in line

I ran across the NOS dial from Andrew Shear in NYC on ebay- 7016 in gilt:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NOS-Rare-Original-Tudo...id=p3911.c0.m14

Thought you guys might like it for comparison to these reps dials.

I've been watching this one. If I had my Tudor already I'd be all over it ;)

In my automatically generated order e-mail it says that if they did not confirm the order within 12 hours, to e-mail them back. So I did, so I guess I'll find out where I stand. So if anyone else out there sent an order for one of these and has not heard anything, maybe give them an e-mail to follow up. After this, I won't bug them anymore, I'll just do the waiting game.

BTW - I still wonder about the source for these. If they had say 8 of these, wouldn't have they been shipped out as sold instead of people being put in a cue for one? Almost sounds as if they are having them done up as they go, ah well, the best of luck to those of us still waiting.

BTW - I still wonder about the source for these. If they had say 8 of these, wouldn't have they been shipped out as sold instead of people being put in a cue for one? Almost sounds as if they are having them done up as they go, ah well, the best of luck to those of us still waiting.

My thoughts exactly. My understanding from the seller's original story was that he purchased a lot (single group) of these Tudors at an Italian watch show thinking they were gens. But after he read on the web that they were frankens, he decided to dump them at his cost. That, of course, would lead 1 to the logical conclusion that once the lot was sold out, that was it. Now, I do see that the listing has been removed from his website, but it is very odd, to say the least, that he is still taking orders or delivering watches if the initial 'lot' was sold out. Kind of makes 1 wonder if he was more informed than he claimed. Still, the movements are gen & the rest is about as good as you can get short of being all gen, so consider this just commentary. I remain more than happy with my Tudor.

My thoughts exactly. My understanding from the seller's original story was that he purchased a lot (single group) of these Tudors at an Italian watch show thinking they were gens. But after he read on the web that they were frankens, he decided to dump them at his cost. That, of course, would lead 1 to the logical conclusion that once the lot was sold out, that was it. Now, I do see that the listing has been removed from his website, but it is very odd, to say the least, that he is still taking orders or delivering watches if the initial 'lot' was sold out. Kind of makes 1 wonder if he was more informed than he claimed. Still, the movements are gen & the rest is about as good as you can get short of being all gen, so consider this just commentary. I remain more than happy with my Tudor.

I received notice that he was waiting for a few to return from his watchmaker........hmmmmm

Comparison pictures.....item360097572886

Most likely, another franken. The watch comes with strap instead of bracelet & the caseback is signed with the wrong model number (7528)

7bc8_3.JPG

CORRECTION - I just found a couple of known gens in my archives with the same caseback, so it is probably legit.

I received notice that he was waiting for a few to return from his watchmaker........hmmmmm

Thats what I was told last week and that a couple more were to come in Friday, but would not ship until this week. If they were going to a watchsmith for repair and/or inspection and adjustment I guess that would make sense, but the one Chris received had issues with the case tube and the crystal/bezel assembly being held on with glue and the caseback gasket was so old that it cracked. I guess I really don't care as long as I get one similar to Freddy's in case design and movement type, most everything else I can deal with on my own. Depending on what arrives, I already am planning on a tube/crown replacement, crystal replacement and a bezel insert switch. Once again, just commentary.

Comparison pictures.....item360097572886

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ries%26_fvi%3D1

If you look at the second movement picture of this watch- you will see ROW printed on the bottom of the main plate (?or bridge). Rolex Werk. I've never really trusted Jose and Sister, but watch does look better from what we've learned- Swiss at 6 o'clock. Bezel insert w/ no pearl- not an MBW flat white pearl. I'd have to go along w/ freddy on this- it looks gen to me.

So where do i start with the parts hunting, i'm not even sure what crown and tube to look for, which crystal would work best? the inserts that i see on ebay, dont seem to be a black one on ebay.

T=19 crystal, 703 crown/tube and as for the insert, make friends with a watchmaker that has a Rolex Parts account B)

I have just received confirmation that mine will be shipped tomorrow and I was number 5 in the queue. I'm not a Rolex fan but I've always been attracted to Tudor and almost paid approx 4 times this amount for a franken a few weeks ago. Looking forward to seeing what I actually get when it arrives. I also bought a gen, full-size Tudor Prince Oysterdate from him so both should be together.

T=19 crystal, 703 crown/tube and as for the insert, make friends with a watchmaker that has a Rolex Parts account B)

That 315-5513 insert from PMWF that freddy pointed out earlier this week would be a good second choice if you can't source a gen. Looked to be a decent acrylic pearl.

Ditto both of the above.

I just received 2 more PMWF inserts (1 for the 7016/0 & 1 for the 5514) today. Still awaiting another pearl from Ofrei.

I have just received confirmation that mine will be shipped tomorrow and I was number 5 in the queue. I'm not a Rolex fan but I've always been attracted to Tudor and almost paid approx 4 times this amount for a franken a few weeks ago. Looking forward to seeing what I actually get when it arrives. I also bought a gen, full-size Tudor Prince Oysterdate from him so both should be together.

I saw that one. Good watch and great price.

Thanks,,,,I'm just going with the crown and tube and will hopefully turn out a decent franken tudor,,,looks like these crowns go for around 130 (usd) and up, plus more for the tube...

I wish I had more time to work on this now...figures a great project but no time to enjoy it.