When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Absolute Favorite "rep" Story >>>

frankt

About 25 yrs ago I worked in the yacht finance business in the northeast US. We dealt with a lot of pretentious and wealthy folks, both as our dealers, and customers. Everybody had at least a Rolex sub!! My boss, the president of the co. Was extremely proud of the yellow gold Rolex pres that he wore, since they cost 6 grand + even back then...

As a joke, and to bust his cahones, I bought a cheapo rep of his watch and was planning to wear it at the

Newport boat show that weekend.....Then I had a brainfart!!...I approached the Exec VP of the co, and we set up the greatest scam of the '70's!!...Instead of showing my boss my "rolex" straight up we decided to really blow his mind...We set up a scenario where we we would get Bob,(the boss) to take off his prized Rolex while we were aboard our corporate yacht, after the show that evening, and then I'd switch my rep for his gen, and then......casually flip it overboard while he was watching.....(reps only cost @ 25bucks back then, and money was no object)....Welllll....I decided to go even a bit farther with the scam, so I bought an extra rep and kept it pocketed....

Well...we pulled the switch, I flipped the rep overboard, and my boss almost [censored] his pants!!....After about 5 minutes, we confessed the scam to him, and I handed him back the OTHER rep, saying...Dont worry,...Here's you watch Bob..He immediately recognized it as a POS rep, threw it back at me, and threatened to fired me on the spot!!..I turned pale as a ghost, and so did the exec VP....Now I had them BOTH!!....I quietly poured myself a drink, slugged it down, stripped down to my skivvie shorts and jumped over the side(with the gen Rolex tightly concealed in my fist!!)....I stayed under for @ 30 seconds and emerged up the stern ladder with the rolex held aloft...yelling....GOTCHA!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I worked for that company for 5 yrs after that, and my boss must have told that story 100 times after that!!