When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

V's strap collection - Updated March 2009...

V

First my 112 with its straps...

-------------------------------------------------THE TAN/BROWNS----------------------------------------------------------

1) First in my 112 is one of my favourite straps for a long time. Simona Bruno with sewn-in Wojtecki buckle. The closest you can get to the original Panerai vintage hides. BIG + is that the mustardy colour goes well with EVERYTHING.

DSC04168.jpg

DSC04174.jpg

DSC05959.jpg

2) V's Stitchless Marlboro strap. I love the character of this leather and the way it looks from different angles.

DSC04182.jpg

3) HKTAN/V Metta Catharina strap. Made by HKTAN with a piece of hide I provided him. I adore about everything on this strap(colour smell craftmanship...). It has a sewn-in MX Logo buckle as well.

DSC04186.jpg

4) Mario Paci PAV99 hide with sewn-in MX logo buckle. Amazing strap as well full of Panerai history and it has now developed a very nice patina. The darker it gets the better.

DSC04187.jpg

5) Mario Paci PAV91 hide with sewn-in MX logo buckle. Very unique hide pattern with a wonderful burgundy colour. Love it.

DSC04189.jpg

6) HKTAN/V strap made by HKTAN from an Italian Jacket from the 60's I provided him. It has a sewn in XaMas skull polished buckle

DSC04191.jpg

7) Mario Paci camel hide strap. Very nice pattern hide with a magnificent smell. Something unique in my collection..

DSC04192.jpg

8) GeF La Spezia strap.. This is the 1st generation strap which uses the exact same hide with the XaMas strap. Love the wrinkles of the specific strap and it is extra thick and extremely soft. Great smell as well. A must have.

DSC04193.jpg

9) V's Greek hide strap with heavy thick stitching and which has strated to develop a nice patina.

DSC04194.jpg

10) V's stitchless Italian textured hide with sewn-in Pre-v buckle with shark engraved.

DSC04195.jpg

11) Same as the above but with dark brown stitching and a MF sewn-in buckle with 2 sharks engraved.

DSC04196.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------THE BLACKS---------------------------------------------------------------

12) V's Vintage Black hide strap with sewn-in Simona buckle. I consider this strap the black brother of the Simona Bruno. Very similar hide and soft and the more you wear it the better patina it gets. Something not so usual in Black straps. I was searching for a great black strap and I made one myself.

DSC04198.jpg

13) DON's carbon fiber strap. My diving strap for many years and still like new. A great strap for the price and the texture is not the crap shiny like most of the sellers but the matt one just like the OEM.

I have painted the thread from white to black and from the hours in the water has started to fade :p

DSC04203.jpg

14) OEM A series coramid strap. THE best version.. Soft and great vintage looking.. Nothing like the crap newer plastic and extremely stiff version

DSC04199.jpg

15) GeF La Spezia in Black. Very nice strap with all the good stuff of the Tan La Spezia above.

DSC04201.jpg

16) PRADA strap made by Jose Tan. Very nice strap and I have worn it many times most of them in more formal occasions..

DSC04202.jpg

17) OEM Panerai 233 strap. I don't know why the hate of this strap from the Paneristi guys.. I personally think it is GREAT because it reminds me the OEM rubber strap but in leather. This one was a great deal but it was the short length. I like it so much that it doesn't bother me at all.

DSC04200.jpg

18) OEM Panerai rubber strap. Brand new haven't worn it at all. I prefer my other diving straps.

DSC04204.jpg

19) OEM Panerai black calf with OEM Pre-V buckle. It came with my 112 and I just worn the first few days I got the watch. Nothing special.

DSC04205.jpg

And now my 118 with its straps...

20) First in my 118 now is the 'Cajun' gator strap with a sewn-in MX logo buckle. Amazing match and Brent's craftmanship is top of tops..

DSC04169.jpg

DSC04171.jpg

DSC05957.jpg

21) V's Marlboro stitchless hide in dark brown ad sewn-in pre-v buckle with shark engraved.

DSC04179.jpg

22) V's Marlboro distressed hide with sewn-in prev buckle with divers helmet engraved.

DSC04207.jpg

23) V's Metta Catharina strap with sewn-in MX logo buckle.

DSC04208.jpg

24) V's Bomber Jacket hide strap with sewn-in coined/vintagised divers engraved Pre-V buckle

DSC04287.jpg

25) Ammo 50's Swedish pouch strap with SImona sewn-in coined buckle.

DSC04779.jpg

Gread post V. Given that you have probably touched most of the important straps out there and are quite handy making them yourself, it is interesting to see what you have settled in on for the collection. Thanks for sharing :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Now about all of those MX Logo buckles :g:

Gread post V. Given that you have probably touched most of the important straps out there and are quite handy making them yourself, it is interesting to see what you have settled in on for the collection. Thanks for sharing :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Now about all of those MX Logo buckles :g:

Thanks D.. after almost 4 years of strap collecting more than 300 straps (they are probably more) have passed through my hands.. Those are the ones I like now more.. But taste changes.. THere are some that have stayed in my collection for many years ;)

The MX logo buckles was a project couple of years ago by a guy in china i think and they are 1:1 to the original mx. Unfortunately everything 1:1 is most of the times limited and not produced again. :rolleyes:

fantastic collection V (but of course you know that already :D); if you want to update your post, the prada strap was made by jose tan (i know because i had one made by him too) :victory:

a couple thoughts:

-the patina on your mp PAV 99 really looks great :wub:

-i need to pick up a cajun strap -- they look fantastic

-after seeing those la spezia straps (love the cognac one btw -- i've never seen that before), i definitely regret trading you that black GeF la spezia :lol:

thanks for sharing,

deltatahoe

fantastic collection V (but of course you know that already :D); if you want to update your post, the prada strap was made by jose tan (i know because i had one made by him too) :victory:

a couple thoughts:

-the patina on your mp PAV 99 really looks great :wub:

-i need to pick up a cajun strap -- they look fantastic

-after seeing those la spezia straps (love the cognac one btw -- i've never seen that before), i definitely regret trading you that black GeF la spezia :lol:

thanks for sharing,

deltatahoe

Thanks B... I have updated Jose's Prada strap. Thanks for that...

I am definately happy with the trade we made.. THe MP strap was nice but it wouldn;t have stayed long in my collection.

The LaSpezia are some of the best straps...

Thanks Robbie...

Another point is.. 30 straps x 150$ each = another gen Panerai.. So some will say that for 2 watches 30 straps are just too many...

I did a cleanout sale once (I had some very rare and expensive straps) and I got my 118... But then I couldn't sell most of the above.. so if I decide to do it again i will compromise and i don't want to...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

by the way, you, V and other strap making start ups have inspired me to try pen making, i've been reading up on it, looking into the tools i need.

in a way i'm carrying on a tradition of wood working from my grandfather - + i love cool pens + lots of people i know love cool pens + i can sell some to :)

• 3 weeks later...

thans guys for your kind words...

@iwcforme: Nr 2 is one of my own straps

@phoband : good stuff aaron.. if you remember i started from nothing with your help and see where i am now quality wise ;)

btw a small update ..

Two more straps in my collection.. Some others have gone to a new home ;)

DSC05951.jpg

DSC05947.jpg

very nice! ^_^^_^^_^^_^

• 2 months later...

These three straps are just so.........I want.

3) HKTAN/V Metta Catharina strap. Made by HKTAN with a piece of hide I provided him. I adore about everything on this strap(colour smell craftmanship...). It has a sewn-in MX Logo buckle as well.

DSC04186.jpg

4) Mario Paci PAV99 hide with sewn-in MX logo buckle. Amazing strap as well full of Panerai history and it has now developed a very nice patina. The darker it gets the better.

DSC04187.jpg

5) Mario Paci PAV91 hide with sewn-in MX logo buckle. Very unique hide pattern with a wonderful burgundy colour. Love it.

DSC04189.jpg