When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

We are back from our travels.

RWG Technical

Hi R & J,

Glad to hear you arrived home safely, and that your trip was a success.

Thank you for the interesting report on the watch school. I'm surprised to hear that after attending such an exclusive school, one can expect such a meager salary.

I hope you're feeling a bit better today, and the jet lag is beginning to wear off.

Cheers,

JJ

Well much to my dismay, the expected salary after completion of the course, starts at a measly 12,000 Euro's a year up to a whopping 24,000 Euro's after 5 or so years...that is what you get working for one of the genuine manufacturer's (Rolex, etc), either doing assembly work, or servicing.

Damn, that's scary!

Good to have you back, The Zigmeister.

Any "must see" sites?

It all depends on your interest.

Of course Paris has many must see sites, but I am not much of a city person and prefer the country.

We saw some beautiful sites in and around the Burgundy and Dordogne river area's.

I will do a pictorial later this week, and that should shed some light on the various regions, what is really amazing, is the variety of landscape in a few hours of driving.

RG

As a Brit I hate to admit it but France is an amazing country. I'm off there this weekend funnily enough to visit friends near Geneva. My mate works for Rolex at Geneva so I will spend the weekend eating his food, drinking his wine and taking the p*ss out of the hideousness of the new Rolex designs, over which he will get very Swiss and defensive. Bliss. Does life get any better?

Dieselpower.

Welcome back Rob and Jennifer ....glad you had a great time , France is a beautiful country without doubt , if not a little on the expensive side , or so I found last time I visited

You should try England , especially North East England - the weather is not so great but it has some of the best landscapes and countryside in the UK...

Oh an I live there , which would be very handy !!!

Cheers and glad you're back safe and sound...

Simon

FGD

Rob,

Sounds like it was a fantastic trip. I find it strange that the salaries are so low over there. But - I guess with France, you trade off the lower salary for other benefits.

Great to have you back and certainly look forward to the pictoral. When I was there a few years back - it was all Paris sightseening. I think that you are right. At some point - you are better off spending more time in the country (the city looks the same after a while).

Cheers.