When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just Some Words From The Bottom Of Our Hearts

Don't forget buying a car:

the moment you put the first kilometer on it, driving away from the garage: its depriciating 5000 € in a second.......then two days later you'l see an advert with a special deal , worth 3500 €.. :bangin::bounce: ..so 8500 € in three days.......thank god for valum, librium & prozac :animal_rooster:

and booze :lol: , weed :blink: and charlie :bounce: !!

(only kidding of course........!)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and booze :lol: , weed :blink: and charlie :bounce: !!

(only kidding of course........!)

sorry Gerco, your point is exactly what I'm talking about - reps are a product just like anything else. Better cheaper models are just around the corner. At least a rep seems to hold its value (in our shady little world) better than cars, cameras, computers etc....

sorry Gerco, your point is exactly what I'm talking about - reps are a product just like anything else. Better cheaper models are just around the corner. At least a rep seems to hold its value (in our shady little world) better than cars, cameras, computers etc....

Sorry, but I've no emotion at all by buying a camera, a laptop, a washing machine or drill. I look at what I want it to do & look at the price....and buy.

It's different buying a watch or.....a car

It starts with a feeling about the car..then you select the dealer....how's his service, communications, friendlyness, aftersales....you look at the car again...and make the buy

Its like Neil says: select the dealer & then select the watch......

There are plenty of rep. watch dealer on the internet.... but i'll buy from the guys here....why ?

You'll get to know them, know their communications, their service, their aftersales....and when everything feels good....i'm making the buy....

That's why I respect these guys. Sure they make a profit, why not ?

But if they signal like Andrew did, i am listening.

Andrew, have a nice weekend !

Gerco

I love these loops. Dealer tries to pass on some valuable info to the general population and a [censored] or two has to show up. Hey Neil, don't waste you're breath.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are so so correct. Then the dickheads tries to qualify it and quantify it with people that have experience and reason.

:Jumpy::Jumpy::Jumpy:

Edited by convbmw

I love noobs and Neil is like flypaper :D

Man are we that spoiled?? Dealers assume all the risk and we get to buy a watch at one tenth of it's genuine counterpart. Count me as one member thankful for every single dealer.

Andrew enjoy your weekend with the kids

I agree 100% !!!!!! Precisely what I was talking about earlier.

Count me in as well as a grateful member, buyer and thankful to all the dealers as well.

You guys have to understand that your hearing from a 14 year old newbie (bigsy) who is immature and doesn't have (by virtue of his posts) a clue about life. Why don't we have an age limit as to who can be members.

Then, we wouldn't be subjected to self-serving, immature drivel.

Startin with jetmid, and now this!!!!???

I think Bigsy had a point too, perhaps he could learn some manners though. This was almost going to an interesting discussion but then the flames and personal insults started to fly (as usual). Come on guys, we can do better than that...we're all in the same boat... and things aren't so black and white.

I think Andrew got pissed off because some of the comments made about the new PO Chronograph. I perfectly understand his POV... but I also understand the members who watched from the sidelines when 10 new generations of Planet Ocean surfaced last year (each version better than the previous one). And after a year we finally got almost perfect version (4th gen). Andrew himself was the first one to sell this model!

And now these same members should buy very inaccurate quartz version of the PO Chronograph, especially when we get FANTASTIC 7750-based 1st generation versions from MUCH LESS popular watches like TAG Link Chrono and Breitling Bentley...at the same time. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that the better version of the PO Chrono is already in production somewhere. There MIGHT be some truth in the theory that factories put some inaccuracies there INTENTIONALLY... just to resell the next better version again... to the same people.

I'm saying that versions like this simply WON'T SELL here. I really feel for our good dealers who need to move these items, but we're spoiled, badly. We've seen so many FANTASTIC replicas... and we have so many FANTASTIC replicas to choose from already. Nothing to take away from the dealers, I think we're extremely fortunate that we have access to these fine watches. But no matter how much respect we have... most members simply don't buy reps like that (especially from mainstream brands like Omega or Rolex).

Personally, I'm not anal about the flaws and I think there's absolutely NOTHING wrong with quartz-powered quality replicas. Sadly, most of the members here don't think that way... and quartz powered replicas often aren't done in the same quality as their more expensive automatic brothers.

Again, we want the best quality because that's what we have been accustomed to. I don't think there's anyone to blame for that situation, it's just the fact.

Why not discuss this thing like adults... try to figure out solutions together... instead of lowering ourselves to fruitless flamewars?

Edited by By-Tor

Talking about conspiracy, I think the makers are putting some of the flaws there intentionally. So they can make a few versions to maximize profit. They always make one step forward, but two steps backward in new generation. It gives me an impression that the makers can do it better, but they don't want to do it.

I disagree with this wholeheartedly.

Here's how I see it: A factory will release one version and another, competing factory will improve on it, meaning the first factory has to make the 3rd gen to regain the distributor's interest.

There is no "let's milk them" plan.

I disagree with this wholeheartedly.

Here's how I see it: A factory will release one version and another, competing factory will improve on it, meaning the first factory has to make the 3rd gen to regain the distributor's interest.

There is no "let's milk them" plan.

Perhaps not. But it still amazes me how the factories can sometimes make absolutely ridiculous errors... like put out EXTREMELY inaccurate reps of some very, very popular watch models... like install utterly HORRIBLE dial to the new generation GMT Master. There are about 2 billion pictures of this watch all over the Internet (so it can't be the lack of source material)... and then come up with virtually PERFECT replica from rather obscure model like the new TAG Link Chronograph. This happened with the first try.

Maybe just a different factory then?

Maybe just a different factory then?

Seeing as the alternative would be that all the factories are controlled by a rep cartel that lets only one factory build a specific model, I would say that.

Oh, or that a Tag genuine to rip apart, scan and CNC would be cheaper than a Rolex GMT-II. :D

Seeing as the alternative would be that all the factories are controlled by a rep cartel that lets only one factory build a specific model, I would say that.

Oh, or that a Tag genuine to rip apart, scan and CNC would be cheaper than a Rolex GMT-II. :D

Do you think if everyone decided to wait on the new generation, that there would be a new generation? :bangin:

of course there would!!!

WE are not everybody. everybody is all of the thousands and thousands of people that buy reps all around the world in flea markets and from random sellers everywhere. WE are a far smaller set that generally goes for the higher end stuff that isn't as readily available. since people (we) are willing to pay the price for the higher end stuff, it is available. the demand is there.

that is why guys like andrew, neil, eddie, josh, davidsen, et all can make and sell the higher end stuff. i know that in the past some dealers have been a bit miffed when people go wild in scrutinizing the latest rep saying that it can hurt sales. perhaps this was the case - new model comes out, dealer offers it, it doesn't fare well under scrutiny, dealer gets a little upset.

i can totally see where that emotion is coming from. but then again these are the same people that will shell out anywhere from a hundred dollars to a thousand + on a rep. personal attacks aside, i agree with by-tor, this could be a spirited, interesting discussion.

cheers guys

well i think its a little different in the Rep watch world. You can't just compare it with technology, i.e computers, because computers are always getting better and you will be buying the most up-to-date PC at the time. But for Reps, We already have the perfect watch- the genuine watch- so of course it is wise to wait for the better generations. Now if the makers were to make the almost perfect rep in the first generation, then we wouldnt be waiting for the later generations now would we?

Why is everyone treating this like a genuine watch?

That is a good question.

Andrew is right- most rep buyers expect all of this to get better, but, over time it is really only going to get worse. It is not a marketing ploy; it will attract more and more attention from those who are supposed to look for real contraband (i.e. dangerous stuff) but will find watches much easier to find and confiscate.

It’s interesting where this thread has gone in the last 24 hours. This is the way I see it. I've had issues with a few of our dealers, Andrew included. But these issues have always been resolved! And through these experiences I have learned that its part of the process. These are reps and were paying a fraction of the price to buy a SIMILAR product but it is by no means its genuine counter part.

Heres a little story. One of my first purchases from Andrew was for a couple of PO's. I didn't realize at the time that some dealers call glass crystals "synthetic sapphire" which I now know is not really "synthetic sapphire" but simply mineral glass. So please no one reply to my post explaining the properties of sapphire and corundum and mineral glass and so on and so forth as, I ALREADY KNOW! These descriptions are some what hard to understand but once you know you know! But anyway. One of my co-workers is a big Omega fan. He wanted me to get him a rep after I stumbled across this place and its dealers. I'd already ordered a few reps from Andrew so I contacted him again about getting a couple of POs. One for myself and the other for my friend. Andrew explained that they would have to be 3rd gens unless I wanted to wait for the 4ths that he had on order. Well I agreed to the 3rd gens because I didn't do my research to realize what I was getting myself into. So I get the watches. The casebacks were wrong, the bracelets looked pretty bad, and the crystal had no AR. But I only paid around a $100 a piece for them. So me and my co-worker both wore them while working on cars. Then a few days later I realized that the watches didn't in fact have sapphire glass but mineral as they had easily scratched. I immediately contacted Andrew about this situation. He explained that "synthetic sapphire" in his descriptions meant mineral glass. I went back and read all of his sales threads and realized that there were reps sold as "synthetic sapphire" and some that were sold as "sapphire". OK so now I understand! But Andrew being the nice guy that he is agreed to sell me replacement 4th Gens a deep discount to compensate for the previously purchased 3rd Gen models. Of course he had no use for used and scratched 3rd gens and I didn't want to just loose my money on them so we worked a deal that made both parties happy. I was then able to recover the difference I might have lost through these boards by selling the 3rd Gens for basically half what I had paid for them. So someone got a good deal on a used watch, I got my 4th gen which was much better quality, and Andrew got his sales and kept another happy customer.

Whats my point? Well I think it should be obvious, the customer service provided by Andrew was great and respectful! I think its great that our dealers are willing to make us happy. I've had similar situations with Ed were he was quick to offer a solution no questions asked!

I'm sure that because we have a forum to analyze and discuss these reps down to the least little imperfection we are probably some of the hardest clientele to keep happy. This is something that we often overlook. I don't know the percentages but I would imagine our combined purchases are merely a fraction of the sales most of our dealers make. Paul for one has shown that prices can be deeply cut when selling in large numbers. I've seen the pics of some of Paul’s larger sales. We're talking 50+ watches in one order. That’s more than I could order in a year or two! So why should we [censored] off our dealers by criticizing them for attempting to push up sales? Thats their job isn't it? You don't go to work every day to not work do you? You don't set goals for your self and not strive to obtain them do you? So if a dealer buys X number of a new rep to try and sale and make back his money don't you think its upsetting when the items don't sell? I'm not trying to say thats our fault its just the nature of the beast. Many ideas in business fail while others are great successes. You win some and you lose some. The same goes for us as buyers. If I buy a 1st gen rep and realize that the markers might fall off its just part of the game! I could have bought a watchhonpo 187 a long time ago and the markers might not have fallen off but I still would have gotten what I consider to be a junk movement for double the price I paid for the current version 187. So you got it I won one and I lost one. But in my eyes I still won because guess what, the freaking movement will still be working in a few months! After all it is a rep timepiece, the least I could ask for is a watch that actually keeps good time, right?

I for one don't see the problem with holding out for purchase of certain reps because another generation may be improved. I will not buy a quartz rep of a watch that is supposed to have an automatic movement. Sorry I just can't bring myself to do it. I just hate quartz watches. I mean they are the reason that the Swiss watch industry nearly crumbled back many years ago. I refuse to buy them even as beaters, thats just my attitude towards them. So regarding the new PO Chrono that someone brought up it just doesn't float my boat! I'm not going to criticize it and stop others from buying it. I'm not going to analyze its every flaw! I think its great that new models like these come out and hope (and cross my fingers) that it is a sign of better reps to come. But don't forget that the newer model will most certainly be much more expensive. Regardless if I pass on the $150 PO quartz Chrono model I might get an opportunity to buy a 7750 model if and when it comes out. But if and when it does it will surely start out at around $400. So have I won or have I lost? In my eyes again I have won because I don't like quartz. If I were desperate to own a PO Chrono one could consider it to be a loss, since they could have had a more accurate time keeping piece for a fraction of that $400. And to top it all off a few months later that initial price will come down to probably $250 mark as other dealers buy in. Then will I be upset that I didn't save that $150? ABSOLUTELY NOT! Its part of the process. Same goes for almost anything. I could go out today and buy an HD DVD player to go along with my HD DLP television. The DVD player will cost me $1000 and there are only a few titles to choose from. Next year the same player will cost me half that and there will be 10 times more movies to choose from. So should I be [censored] that I didn't wait? No because I am a grown man I made the decision to buy it when I thought best! So the only person you can blame for buying an "imperfect" generation rep is yourself. Make an educated decision on weither or not to buy and stick with it. Its all a gamble, after all the better generation may never arrive as we have seen with a few reps, the SMPs are one!

So to further elaborate a few of you have commented on the new Tag Link Chrono reps, the new 187, and the Breitlings. I have purchased all, and I bought them all at somewhat of a premium price. Well I'll say it like this. The Tag Link Chrono is FREAKING AMAZING! The quality brilliant! I don't think there could be a better generation! The 187, well don't wont to sound repetitive but its also ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I also don't think there will be any improvements except maybe adding AR to the crystal which I could have done now if I were that picky. And lastly the Breitling Bentleys, yes once again they are INCREDIBLE! And yes I don't think there will be another generation as there is little room for improvement in my eyes! I contacted Andrew shortly after seeing these Breitling reps to see if he had spoken with his suppliers during a recent trip to China. I inquired about the possibility of a 7750 powered Chronomat rep. His response was something like this (intentionally placed in loose quotations!). 'You guys are too greedy... these Breitlings are hard to make.... you should be happy with the new ones being offered.' I didn't inquire because I was complaining about the models made but merely hoped that with the new correct bracelet that maybe, just maybe a Chronomat might also be around the corner. So as for Andrews response, should I have taken offense? Absolutely not! I now know where he was coming from. We absolutely should be happy with the new offerings that have been brought to the table. I for one think they are amazing reps! Some of the best I've seen. I just didn't realize how passionate he was about this and honestly think he took my question the wrong way. He took it as a complaint or an insult to a product of which he was very proud. For that Andrew I apologize!

So whats my point again? A rep is and always will be a rep! Buy what you like! Don't criticize the dealers for wanting to sell their product! Thats their job and their livelihood. Some models will fly and some will fail! If a model is successful but has its flaws there will likely be updated versions. If the demand is there, which we have to remember not just what we demand as a small sector in the market, the factories will produce.

Bottom line is this and I will finish up. If you get to know your dealer they will take care of you. Just remember they are people with needs. They also have priorities other than these forums and you. You can't ask for the world without considering its cost! Nothing in this world is free! Dealers want to sell you their product because that is the profession they chose! They will satisfy your needs if you are worthy of their help. But they owe complainers and critics nothing! If you nag and complain about every little thing they are eventually going to tell you to kick rocks. If we don't appreciate the dealers that serve us and our hobby then they will stop serving us! Were would we be if we didn't have them and their excellent but sometimes flawed product? We would be limited to those purchases at yard sales, swap meets, auctions, and shady websites that promise Swiss reps and primo prices! And don't forget the occasional trips to Canal St because those are some great reps (sarcasm sensed hopefully!)! I FOR ONE DON'T WANT TO TAKE OUR HOBBY BACK INTO THE DARK AGES SO THANKS TO ALL OF OUR DEALERS FOR TAKING THE RISKS THEY TAKE TO DO WHAT THEY DO AND GETTING US THE PRODUCT THAT WE WANT!

Sorry for the long winded post but I for one think our dealers try very hard to get us what we want and provide great customer service almost all of the time. I also think that we often times get a little too critical and forget that they are also just people trying to make a living!

Cheers,

Jon :victory:

Edited by Bignasty

Let me first say that the dealers are (mostly, other than the others who've come and gone) terrific on this board, which is why I continue to participate here and continue to buy reps. It doesn't matter if they're doing it to make money. We all do stuff to make money but it doesn't mean the customer can't appreciate the difference between a seller doing a good job and a lousy one. These guys operate in a trade where scamming is the norm and where legally they don't have any repercussions. So the fact that they continue to work in the professional way that they do says a lot about them as human beings. Reps may be fake, but our dealers are for real and I appreciate that, I do.

The problem that Andrew complains about, however, is not necessarily just members being spoiled, whiny jerks. Yes, of course reps are just reps. But they've gotten so good (while prices have generally stayed stable or dropped) that people simply are not satisfied with the level of quality that they were even 2-3 years ago. People now know that if they're not 100% persuaded that X rep is a must buy, something badass is going to come down the pipes soon thereafter, whether it be a new generation of the same watch or something altogether different. Dealers have become more and more competitive about pricing and about hyping their watches as the best on the market or close to flawless, and when you say that people are going to scrutinize the product. So to me, a lot of where things are at have to do with where the market has gone, and not just because members take things for granted. We do, but that's because things HAVE gotten good.

Finally, while we may be a bunch of spoiled, whiny jerks who nitpick, I would think that sometimes inures to the benefit of the dealer. Most guys on the street would not buy $400 "perfect" subs or "ultimate" 187 Pams. They are perfectly satisfied with the $50 cheapie special. It's because members are knowledgeable and picky that they're willing to shell out hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars a year to feed their hobby.

So I feel like it's sort of just where things are at, although certainly members could show more courtesy and appreciation to our dealers.

It’s interesting where this thread has gone in the last 24 hours. This is the way I see it. I've had issues with a few of our dealers, Andrew included. But these issues have always been resolved! And through these experiences I have learned that its part of the process. These are reps and were paying a fraction of the price to buy a SIMILAR product but it is by no means its genuine counter part.

Sorry for the long winded post but I for one think our dealers try very hard to get us what we want and provide great customer service almost all of the time. I also think that we often times get a little too critical and forget that they are also just people trying to make a living!

Cheers,

Jon :victory:

I agreed with Jon and others who lend at least a measure of common sense to this. This is NOT a regular business and some whiny jerks demand the same attention, pampering and immediate customer satisfaction as if they walked into Cartier to buy a 10 grand watch. What is frikking funny is that most of the time they do get attention and pampering. These guys answer every email and PM, they give advice and do take care of their customers (read Jon story or many others...)

I've dealt and purchased timepieces from Joshua, TTK, Eddie, Andy and PT...NEVER had a single problem. Even though this is a tough, 'irregular' business that implies greater risks for sellers (law enforcement, seized watches, customs etc) than for buyers...(a faulty asian movement maybe? that will be gladly be replaced) ALL of THEM treated me 'professionally' and with courtesy as a customer. In some cases, above and beyond, i.e Joshua is sending a black Lange strap for my Flyback due to a confusion in the dial colour ordered...and I did not even have to ask...so he got my second purchase (a 5053) at that time. Neil's piece (a 5th generation PO) was just as advertised, flawless replica...I'm wearing it now. We even had friendly exchanges about soccer...Eddie is funny when addresses me as 'dude', and his shipping from HK is superfast (got a beautiful IWC Jones decorated...) All of them, were at least professional and friendly. Andy's and PT's are on the way...

Let's keep in mind that these are replicas...you want a 100%? buy the gen...don't want to spend 10G? do the research and see what are the best replicas available...there are great reviews and discussions on the quality and craftmanship of the pieces. But don't take the controversy to the dealers...Just like YOU and ME and EVERYBODY ELSE, they are making a buck...and I respect that.

We are very lucky of sharing this medium with them as well as with other fellow collectors and enthusiasts...we get first hand, detailed reviews and advice from real people (not anonymous 'customer reviews' posted by the webmaster in shady internet sites) as well as first class, reliable, and even caring customer service from our dealers...In a business where crooks and scammers are not unfamiliar (should we go through the list of webpages? there are plenty) and where they are selling $1000 class A Swiss replicas (whatever that means) we have the luxury of the finest replicas available AND the peace of mind of dealing with reputable sellers (at great prices to boot)

Cheers and blessings to all of ye in good faith :victory:

Alex

very well said Trusty!

I think that all of us are very grateful of having such dealers as you are...and as the majority of the dealers on the rep forums are...

I personally buy reps that I like...even if they have many or some flaws...i buy what i like...

and I am very patient when there are some problems with shipping...I know that in every kind of biz there can be problems...especially in this kind of "illegal" one...

I agreed with Jon and others who lend at least a measure of common sense to this. This is NOT a regular business and some whiny jerks demand the same attention, pampering and immediate customer satisfaction as if they walked into Cartier to buy a 10 grand watch. What is frikking funny is that most of the time they do get attention and pampering. These guys answer every email and PM, they give advice and do take care of their customers (read Jon story or many others...)

I've dealt and purchased timepieces from Joshua, TTK, Eddie, Andy and PT...NEVER had a single problem. Even though this is a tough, 'irregular' business that implies greater risks for sellers (law enforcement, seized watches, customs etc) than for buyers...(a faulty asian movement maybe? that will be gladly be replaced) ALL of THEM treated me 'professionally' and with courtesy as a customer. In some cases, above and beyond, i.e Joshua is sending a black Lange strap for my Flyback due to a confusion in the dial colour ordered...and I did not even have to ask...so he got my second purchase (a 5053) at that time. Neil's piece (a 5th generation PO) was just as advertised, flawless replica...I'm wearing it now. We even had friendly exchanges about soccer...Eddie is funny when addresses me as 'dude', and his shipping from HK is superfast (got a beautiful IWC Jones decorated...) All of them, were at least professional and friendly. Andy's and PT's are on the way...

Let's keep in mind that these are replicas...you want a 100%? buy the gen...don't want to spend 10G? do the research and see what are the best replicas available...there are great reviews and discussions on the quality and craftmanship of the pieces. But don't take the controversy to the dealers...Just like YOU and ME and EVERYBODY ELSE, they are making a buck...and I respect that.

We are very lucky of sharing this medium with them as well as with other fellow collectors and enthusiasts...we get first hand, detailed reviews and advice from real people (not anonymous 'customer reviews' posted by the webmaster in shady internet sites) as well as first class, reliable, and even caring customer service from our dealers...In a business where crooks and scammers are not unfamiliar (should we go through the list of webpages? there are plenty) and where they are selling $1000 class A Swiss replicas (whatever that means) we have the luxury of the finest replicas available AND the peace of mind of dealing with reputable sellers (at great prices to boot)

Cheers and blessings to all of ye in good faith :victory:

Alex

Here Here!!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

We have access to the some fantastic watches thanks to some, quite frankly, simply amazing dealers! Seriously, some of the watches we have been offered, many of which have been mentioned, are just excellent watches period. But what makes this work is the dealers and their commitment to quality customer service. Andrew was one of the first people to answer my questions when I stumbled onto RWG. He was very helpful.

So, Andrew, thank you. And Joshua and EL and River and Jay and Angel and King, thank you too! Now I think I will go buy a watch to show my support of these fine members of this community.

Climb on.