When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mid-Week Wristies

freddy333

here is one for lani... 28 degrees and hard frost on the cars... (sorry the watch is blurry, it was pitch black out)

DSCF2460.jpg

:cold:

I was thinking how the volcano on the Big Island of Hawaii is making the weather too warm and muggy here... I rescind my thoughts...

:icecream:... I like eating ice cream year round.. don't think I would be eating it in that weather... :(

the watches don't stop due to freezing weather??

@lani-I had paid for special anti freezing watch oil from the factory when i bought her... I am still wearing my summer jacket... its not that cold yet.

I did have my noob stop the other week while visiting a childrens muesum. they had this awesomly huge magnet with steel washers that you could play with, and it stopped my watch dead. scared the crap out of me... took it to the supermarket and used their security demagnitizer at the self checkout. worked like a charm :)

@lani-I had paid for special anti freezing watch oil from the factory when i bought her... I am still wearing my summer jacket... its not that cold yet.

I did have my noob stop the other week while visiting a childrens muesum. they had this awesomly huge magnet with steel washers that you could play with, and it stopped my watch dead. scared the crap out of me... took it to the supermarket and used their security demagnitizer at the self checkout. worked like a charm :)

your kidding right about the watch oil ?? :huh:

Inovation is the mother of all invention. B)

@ lani, I am kidding about the watch oil.

when i worked at the bicycle shop, at the end of the summer, we would tell gullable people that they needed to change the air in their tires to fall air, or they would get flats... because everyone knows that summer air is thinner than fall air...

we would also tell the guys that would buy the lightest most expensive bike that we could put helium in their tires to make their bikes lighter... oh those were the days... making fun of the bike noobs...

Freddy, your 1665 is making me want to marry it instead of my wife. Yeah, yeah - just kidding but man is that nice. And yes, I will check out the Calatrava's again. It may be sacrilige to many, but Patek's don't usually trigger any emotion in me. I have always steered toward Vacheron for delictate and or elegant Swiss dress watches as opposed to Patek. I think of those two being the top of the heap in that class.

Of course, I love the East German contingent too - although I never think of them as being delicate or elegant. Weird to hear myself say that, but I really don't think Lange's are elegant. I think of them as truly masculine despite their size, like thoroughbred sports cars.

Actually all watches kind of have an automotive equivalent to me. A Vacheron Patrimony or Patek Calatrava is like an Aston Vantage or a Porshe 997, but a Lange is like an 550 or a Murcielago. And a Lange complication is like an Enzo or a Bugatti...

Love that shot Freddy!

It's the 1665 for me today

DSC_0408.jpg