When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Advice-Help me choose between 3 submariners

houndoggie

First- this board is great! A ton of info to pour through.

I am about to buy my first replica watch and I want a Submariner with a swiss eta movement. I'd like the most accurate replica as possible (don't we all). The bracelet is least important because I will put it on a NATO strap.

I am down to three:

Eurotimer 2008 Black ETA from Eurotimez $475

RLX Submariner 2008 Supreme Edition from PT $350

ROLSUB0013 "perfect" from Trustytime $398.00

I've read a lot about the eurotimer and how good eurotimez is to work with, how about the others?

I appreciate you help.

Sincerely,

Mike

You can check the new WM9 subs too. I bought a supreme from PT and it is a very good watch with a good case and bezel, the crystal must be sawp for a better one like the clark one and the dw print and dial is worst than the noob that is installed on the Euromariner, althought i expect to be almost perfect in the wm9 i just ordered yesterday. With the Euromariner you will get a real eta swiss movement and with the PT i i'm not shure if it is swiss or copy. What i have for now is a PT with noob guts and dial, and the only flaw is the date window that is not as wide as the gen one and the dw print, where the two digit dates are too big and fullfill the window where on the gen they are smaler and you see more white backgound.

These days, for Subs, the choice is between Eurotimez and Precious Time.

Read the definitive review and then make your mind up.

Oh, and the Trusty sub isn't even in the running. Avoid.

But, dosen't Chris @ Eurotimez have a new version Euromariner with the Clark crystal, close to gen new pearl....ect. that will start shipping next week.

How will that stack up? B)

Cheers,

Steve

I read somewhere that since the bezel height is shorter on the euro the 2mm clark crystal was going to stick out too much.

any input?

besides, modding your cg's is like a rep wis tradition. :)

wm9 and euro are top 2 imo.

For the watches indicated by the OP, By-Tor's review is, as far as I am concerned, the last word on the subject. Of course, you must ALWAYS take a reviewer's opinions with a grain of salt, because his sensitivities & preferences may not mirror yours. The line, 1 man's trash is another man's treasure, should always be kept in mind when reading a rep watch review.

Do YOUR homework (learn as much as you can about the specific gen watch you are interested in) & then begin the search for your best rep.

Well, these days there is no question about who to get "the currently best sub".

I hate to say negative things but only WM9, Eurotimez, PT and BKLM1234 seems to offer something similar in accurancy.

So, how about asking yourself what version do you want?

With the Rolex-Rolex-Rolex-Rolex engraving on the rehaut or not?

You said no mods ...you may also consider a pre-owned one from the sales section here...

But, as Pug said, avoid our biggest recommend dealers at the moment.

Their choice is huge and confusing and the prices aren't very good either...

I do regret having sold my WM9 a lot. So in the end my choice would be to get a WM9 again.

Cheers

Stephane

By from Bk. I have worked with him a lot over the last year and I am very sure he wont ship a watch that is not perfect. If any issue does arrise he is located in the US and its a simple matter to send it back to be fixed. From what I hear it will be a close to perfect rep sub. If I had the money I would buy one myself....and I have 5 subs already!

But, dosen't Chris @ Eurotimez have a new version Euromariner with the Clark crystal, close to gen new pearl....ect. that will start shipping next week.

How will that stack up? B)

Cheers,

Steve

Yea he does, thats the one he's shipping to me any day now.

• 2 weeks later...