When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My gen Super Avenger blacksteel...

Dave123

Hey Congrats! I have the skyland version.

As far as I know, they have all been sold to dealers, each as you said with a waiting list.

There was one on ebay listed for $5900-

What was the MSRP for the super avenger blacksteel?

A guy that ordered it a while back,changed his mind,but since he put up 50%,was stuck buying it....he employs an RG member that i know and i was able to get it thru him,the guy picked it up today at the AD,and brought it directly to my house....

Cost me $5650,which is the going rate,but i avoided the 5 month or so wait that the AD gave me when i inquired a few weeks ago...got lucky.... :)

Okay, noob question.

Why is this a Super Avenger BS. The dial is the same style as my Skyland Avenger. I thought the split numbers was a Skyland, and the solid number was a Super.

I'm confused.

Aaaah...Young Padawan...that is why you joined RWG and not the other boards.

The Super Avenger has a similar dial to the Skyland. The BIGGEST difference is the footprint. The SA is 48.4mm in diameter and almost 19mm thick...while the Skyland is only 45mm wide and 17.4mm thick.

There are subtle dial differences...red subdial hands vs. white.

You are correct...the non-limited, regular SA has the solid numbers...but they went split for the tactical look with their blackened steel look. Even though the hour marker dial font is similar, based on size, there is no mistaking the 2.

WOW...thats the very first time I hear about this model.....cool piece .

Anyway, there are a lot of members on the gen-site that are really pi**ed to see the launch of a Blacksteel that is nearly equal to the SE they bought just a year ago. :cry:

But thats the way of the business....limited hotsellers can be cloned and will still be hotesellers.

I will wait for the rep to come out soon....and there will be a rep ... deffo!

Theo

So it's the size that marks the diff in the models, but they can have similar dials.

There are some other subtle differences like the additional red markings on the 12-o-clock subdial, the vertical striping on the right of the subdials vs. the left on the ASBAS (Avenger Skyland Blacksteel)....blah blah blah..."this one goes to 11".

Overall...the differences are small other than the size of the case. It's discussed here:

hxxp://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=182607

Here is some pics i took,think i covered all angles.... :p

Gonna go pick up an ocean racer strap from the AD this afternoon,i prefer the deployment over the buckle on the dive strap,will add a couple pics... :)

PB070152.jpg

PB070176.jpg

PB070179.jpg

PB070188.jpg

PB070189.jpg

PB070181.jpg

PB070180.jpg

PB070196.jpg

PB070197.jpg

The right side of the subdials change from the left side,hard to get a pic of that,best i could do...

PB070195.jpg

And with a friend.... :D

PB070155.jpg

PB070175.jpg

PB070171.jpg