When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ziggy's stardust

kitersoze

jeezuschristos! i've just finished reading toad's comprehensive guide, and as i've sorta been reading more n more throughout the forum, i'm slowly realizing that not only did i know almost nothing about reps, but if possible i knew even less about rep forums. i'm promptly trying to remove my cherry head from my rectal regions...

i hadn't used "search" nearly enough, was nervous/anxious about my first rep buy (after my own due diligence turned up the horror stories and scams of the rep world "out there"), knew nothing really but had acquired just enough knowledge to have detailed questions. but unfortunately didn't know the best way about seeking answers to those questions.

hence i PM'd The Zigmeister because his name was so prominent and respected and because i'd read some of his movement reviews.

i hadn't realized that what i was doing was the rep world equivalent of PM'ing a 3-michelin star chef and asking him for advice and instructions on how to make toast...

i want to thank The Zigmeister for his kind tolerance in dealing with a total cherry noob, holding his hand, looking both ways, and getting him across the street.

it was very much appreciated, rob.

kitersoze

i hadn't realized that what i was doing was the rep world equivalent of PM'ing a 3-michelin star chef and asking him for advice and instructions on how to make toast...

I'm hungry now :angry:

Welcome aboard.

It seems you were very lucky to cross one of the best teacher out there.

Enjoy your stay @RWG :yu:

If the truth be known, most of the members here would be astounded at the number of people that Rob has helped behind the scenes.

In addition to servicing several of my reps, he resurrected my MBW 1680 after it was buggered by a long departed modder.

He also brought two 100 year old, long dead watches back to life, going far above "the call of duty" on one of them.

I have thanked The Zigmeister privately several times, and the original post in this thread prompted this public

"Thank you so much The Zigmeister!!!"

When I first got active in the forum .. and ran into a wall of fire .. Z stepped up to the plate for someone he really didn't know and acted out of coutesy and honour.. for this I will be forever gratful for the spirit of not only the best horologist I know .. but also for a truly "Honourable Gentleman!"

That is one gesture I will never.. Never forget Rob !!!

Cheers

R

How did you get him to reply to you having only 14 posts, whereas I have over 2,000 and he's never even tried to reply to any of my communiques?

The Zigmeister is a forum enigma I guess.

lol I pm'd him the other day and he came right back to me?

Very nice chap, very friendly and cleared up my little brain fart..........so I guess your just not sending him enough Perrier........yea.......I do my homework ;)